Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piercey Acting Like A Twat!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yes, but Butters was crap at the time

Albion Rob

Whenever I see him out and about he is lashed up, but I usually find him ok.

however, Alex Ferguson will confirm this if you listen to his interviews, drinking does impair the recovery process when players are injured.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
CrabtreeBHA said:
Contradict yourself why dont ya :glare:

I......Smell......BULLSHIT! :glare:

The first quote refers to an incident I witnessed myself last year. The second refers to the opening thread statement, which I did not witness myself.

The night I saw him, Piercy was not particularly loud, just very very drunk. At the time, he was out through injury.

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
aahh sorry then my bad

Butters arrived at the club on a big wage, unfit and overweight. Took him a year to gain a regular place but since then he's done well and should be applauded.

Piercey arrived at the club on a big wage, unfit and overweight. Took him a year to gain a regular place but since then he's got himself stupidly sent off, continued to drink heavily and struggled with fitness.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I had heard that Coppell wouldn't select him last season due to his excesses.

It certainly seemed that no-one would give him a regular place (fitness or no fitness) until McGhee arrived.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
I really really want to see Piercy do well. I rate him. I am just pissed off with this behaviour - he is blowing away his career by messing with his fitness.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Well if McGhee can eventually get the best outta Piercy then that'll shut up a few of the McGhee haters out there (and there appear to be a few). Personally I like Piercy and hope he can get rid of the niggling injuries and make himself known in the first team, but to be honest I think he's only got the rest of this season to make an impact. If he does end up getting dropped due to his night life my McGhee then he could well be on his way in the summer.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
METALMICKY said:
I also recall how another Eastbourne chaps excesses led to his downfall, With respect to Stuart Myall he was also victim of a wages cull in the dark bellotti/Archer days but the word soon got back to Albion that he was regularly on the serious piss up. and eating crap. Famously Liam Brady once pointed to his tits and told them he'd have to lose them. A real shame and a waste of talent

Myall's final end was bought about by his going out on Eastbourne pier on his birthday the day before the Canvey Island away game. He had been specifically told to leave his b'day celebrations till afterwards. Him, Danny Simmonds and John Westcott were often out on the lash in those days.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
I mean him going to the nightclub on the end of the pier obviously, hanging round the arcades or food joints for a couple of hours would probably have just got him a warning.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Harold said:
I mean him going to the nightclub on the end of the pier obviously, hanging round the arcades or food joints for a couple of hours would probably have just got him a warning.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I like Piercy, I saw him at his First game for us at Rotherham, looked good for the 10 mins he was on.

But in the 21 Century English league players must show some reponsibility to their job and to the fans. They must act and play the part.

I actually remember a story from my Wakefield days, one of the Castleford Rugby League players aged about 19 soon to become an English international. Was playing the "big I am" and bearing in mind he was a League player was also doing "I am so hard" routine.

He started a fight with one of my mates, who promptly decked him in one punch.

Never again he did act such like a twat.

LC

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Safeway said:
Butters arrived at the club on a big wage, unfit and overweight. Took him a year to gain a regular place but since then he's done well and should be applauded.

Piercey arrived at the club on a big wage, unfit and overweight. Took him a year to gain a regular place but since then he's got himself stupidly sent off, continued to drink heavily and struggled with fitness.

I will freely state that Butters has lost a bit of lard and played well this year. However, his performances Im certain are down to one thing only-we are a Div 2 side! He could have lost all the weigh in the world last year but still would have been pissed on. He has found his level, thats all. He is good in this league but that is about it. He is an old school style defender. If we sont go up he will probably do well again next year. If we go up, Im sure he wont be able to cut it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Has this put paid to his chances of playing in the County League next year?

He really will have to go to Leyton Orient instead!

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
GUNTER said:
I really really want to see Piercy do well. I rate him. I am just pissed off with this behaviour - he is blowing away his career by messing with his fitness.

Anyone else on here remember the young geordie we had early 90s, Kevin McGarringle (spelling?)

The above quote could have definately applied to him, really good defender when he first started but liked the booze and was often injured also

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
He enjoys his life and to think playing football is all that matters is stupid,so i'll buy him a huge kabab:lolol:

He its shit and drinks loads and is our best current midfielder,so what does that say for the rest of em mmmmm.:p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here