Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pictures that wind you up!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm fairly appathetic about Man Utd, until this fella appears.

Attachments

• wes_brown.jpg
    wes_brown.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 433

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Not so much pictures, but actions:

pregnant-woman-smoking.jpg

embedded..ee9276e

fox-hunting.jpg

Sorry that last one is so big, but it just summed up the attitude of people who ignore the ban and continue to break the law of the land!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
what gully said

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Not so much pictures, but actions:

pregnant-woman-smoking.jpg

embedded..ee9276e

fox-hunting.jpg

Sorry that last one is so big, but it just summed up the attitude of people who ignore the ban and continue to break the law of the land!

People like you realy annoy me!

How do you know they are breaking the law? How do you know that picture is not PRE-ban?

Do you actualy know what the law is before you start spouting off on here?

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west

How do you know they are breaking the law? How do you know that picture is not PRE-ban?

Pleased to be of service.

I haven't a clue whether the picture was taken before the ban, as you so delicately put it, but whoever doctored it did so to highlight the fact that the law is being broken. I suppose it is remotely possible that the people on horseback have put on fancy dress to take their pack of dogs out for a walk...but somehow I doubt it, and in any case, shouldn't they all be on leads in observance of the country code?

In response to your question, yes I do.

Last edited:

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Pleased to be of service.

I haven't a clue whether the picture was taken before the ban, as you so delicately put it, but whoever doctored it did so to highlight the fact that the law is being broken. I suppose it is remotely possible that the people on horseback have put on fancy dress to take their pack of dogs out for a walk...but somehow I doubt it, and in any case, shouldn't they all be on leads in observance of the country code?

In response to your question, yes I do.

The were probably just excercising thier hounds.

I have been on hound excercise this morning and i can confirm no foxes were hunted.

Oh yes and it is not illegal to hunt a fox anyway.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I was asking because there's a pack that get exercised on my road.
Since it's not your pack, it's now irrelevant, but thanks anyway.

I hope they are well behaved, that their owners are responsible and clean up any mess that they may deposit en route.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...and drag hunts aren't illegal either, I have never had a problem with them.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

I'm sure bans on using mobiles when driving have been in place for a while?

I hope they are well behaved, that their owners are responsible and clean up any mess that they may deposit en route.

Funny you should ask - but there doesn't appear to be a trail of dogshit in their wake. However, I was driving down the main road from here one morning when 1 solitary dog was on the side of the road having a shit. The pack handler was off up a side track with the rest, which I had no idea about. Just as I got to where the dog was, it decided to suddenly scurry across this fast road, and right in front of my car - almost resulting in an accident which would have hurt/killed said beast.
I saw in my mirror, the handler emerge from the foot track, and he looked to be gesticulating as if I were to blame!

I turned and went back - as I was somewhat incensed by the idiocy of leaving one lone dog, across a fast road from the pack, and wanted to tell him to think about what he was doing.
He had buggered off though, and looked a bit sheepish up the path - maybe realized who's fault it actually was.

The hounds are used to flush a fox out to a bird of prey.Not illegal.
Yes, I did notice this section;

"Flushing a fox to a bird of prey

Many traditional hunts have bought birds of prey and say that they are using hounds to flush foxes so that the bird of prey can hunt them. The Act requires that the intention must be "for the purpose of enabling a bird of prey to hunt the wild mammal."[47] Many experts, such as the Hawk Board, deny that any bird of prey can reasonably be used in the British countryside to kill a fox which has been flushed by (and is being chased by) a pack of hounds. If they are right, then it is unlikely that any use of dogs undertaken in this manner is legal.[48]

It seems reasonable to assume that the judgement (above) describing the limits on flushing foxes to guns will be advisory on courts considering cases of the flushing of foxes to birds of prey."

I do remain in awe though, at the concept that the pack of dogs can be distanced from a fox so that they do NOT catch it, and that a bird of prey DOES catch it!

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I do remain in awe though, at the concept that the pack of dogs can be distanced from a fox so that they do NOT catch it, and that a bird of prey DOES catch it!

As a bit of a wildlife fanatic, the thought of seeing a large bird of prey...probably an eagle...taking out a fox is one I would willingly travel some distance to see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here