Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone In!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
He was changing things about to unsettle the defence. It worked didn't it?

Absolutely spot on. Thank f*** someone sees a bit of sense.

We're not going up and we're not going down. I'll take games like that over games like last Tuesday ANY day of the week.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Cheltenham had a lot more than two or three chances.

We were shocking at the back, especially when Lynch came on.
They had a few long shots from mistakes at the back, but genuine chances??

Only heard a bit of the phone in but what a load of shit. People saying we'll go down and complaining about Forster of all people! Bizarre. It genuinely worries me that there are people out there that hold such ridiculous opinions. Oh and some kid saying we should sign some youngsters from Italy or something. He was the best caller. :D

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
No it didn't work, at least he had the since of bringing on Jakey.

Forster was doing a decent job on the right and was winning some of the ball, taking the pressure off the midfield. It is all about grinding the opposition down and unsettling them. We may not have scored when he drifted wide, but it gave the defence something to think about, instead of coasting along with the same player to mark. Then we unleashed Robinson and it was game over. Superb tactics from DW. :D

Wilkins ' We didn't play particuarly well'.

Possibly the biggest understatement in a while.

Those on the phone in having a go at 'fickle fans' suprise me. Surely a performance devoid of spirit and increasingly frustrating leads people to sound off. Payng customers make their points, be it good or bad. I really don't see hypocracy in booing at half time after a truly woeful display yet also getting behing the team in the final 10 mins when they decided to pull their finger out. Fans react to what is put in front of them.

Glad we won, but to the rose tinted spectacles birgade I would quote the old adage that you can't polish a turd!

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Created at least 5 or 6 good chances.

Was getting very frustrated with the amount of moaners around E Block. They would moan about hoofing it and then we'd play a couple of simple passes and they would be shouting for us to get it up the field.

Pretty much the same around me, we keep possession along the back waiting for an oppotunity and they want to get it forward, we hoof it into the channels because there are no other passes on and they whinge about not passing it.

Did you go tonight? I don't mean that sarcastically, just genuinely don't know. If you did, you'd realise that performance feels like a defeat.

Well I went, and yes for the first half we were shite, and most of the second half not too great either but we did WIN!!!!!!! so NO it does not feel like a defeat. We got out of jail and I'm delighted.

It was a poor performance, that makes the victory that much sweeter, especially considering the manner of our defeat down at Whaddon Road. We dug in and showed some character if not a little class. I'm especially pleased for Murray after his earlier howler making good on a very tricky chance indeed. He could quite easily have gone hiding for the rest of the game but didn't let his head drop once. Shame the same cannot be said for some of the "supporters".

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I dread to think what the lines would have been like had we lost or drawn.....

I was listening in whilst pushing Jimmy Saville Junior round the block in his pram. I was muttering words that a man of his tender age should not be privvy to. I do admire your patience and tolerance. The "Foster" comments were unbelievable.

By the way, didn't nugget go 25 games without scoring? Not bad for someone who contributed absolutely nothing except poaching the odd goal, unlike Forster...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I was not one of those booing at half time as I believe in SUPPORTING my team. But I did jump out of my seat at one point in the first half to shout at the top of my voice - " Get the tackles in lads !!! " I thought we were absolutely woeful in the first half and seemed to stand off 'em all the time. And when in possession it was 1 or 2 passes before the dreaded hoof :(

Pleased to see two changes at half time as it showed Wilkins knew he had to change things. Lynch for Butters didn't seem to change the game much as Elphick playing further up just resorted to hoof ball all too often. But was relieved to see Fraser on for Mayo. But Robinson running at their defence was what really seemed to turn the game for me.

In the second half we actually got back to more of our passing game ( though it was never brilliant tonight ), and that's when we're at our best.

The Wilkins out & Forster knockers are wrong IMHO.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
To slag off Forster is a disgrace because if you watch his work rate he is streets ahead of most other forwards in this division and is very unselfish in bringing others into the game.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
From what I heard of the phone in, the best bit was this absolute peach :

Caller : I reckon we'll be relegated.

Harty : If we get relegated I'll streak on the pitch.

Caller : I'll hold you to that.

Harty : But not if it's cold

Caller : I don't reckon it will make any difference !

:lol:

Superb bit of quick wit from caller, though talking crap about relegation.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Was getting very frustrated with the amount of moaners around E Block. They would moan about hoofing it and then we'd play a couple of simple passes and they would be shouting for us to get it up the field.

Pretty much like that in the North Stand too. I nearly left at half-time and not because of the quality of the football. Which would have been a shame to have missed Murray's goal.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Christ i would hate to see what you would be like if you had lost! I wouldn't fret too much if you can still win when you play shite, then that is a very encouraging sign

When a Palace fan comes on here and writes that then it really shows that NSC has lost the plot!!!!

Ernest is no longer funny because there are too many Ernests out there now.... I think that people spend too long on here and with nothing else to say end up getting into the habit of criticising and then winding everyone else up.

PLEASE STOP!!!!

We've just beaten an in-form team who were just as lucky to beat us a couple of weeks ago!

Thank heaven for small mercies and look on with confidence!

Jan 30, 2008
Created at least 5 or 6 good chances.

Wanabe managers

Jan 30, 2008
When a Palace fan comes on here and writes that then it really shows that NSC has lost the plot!!!!

Ernest is no longer funny because there are too many Ernests out there now.... I think that people spend too long on here and with nothing else to say end up getting into the habit of criticising and then winding everyone else up.

PLEASE STOP!!!!

We've just beaten an in-form team who were just as lucky to beat us a couple of weeks ago!

Thank heaven for small mercies and look on with confidence!
no the otherway around the caravan dweller has lost the plot

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Did you go tonight? I don't mean that sarcastically, just genuinely don't know. If you did, you'd realise that performance feels like a defeat.

You must have been gutted when we scored the winner, all those rants you had planned had to be shelved. Do you get some sexual gratification from being a miserable sod ..... ?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Ffs, what a bunch of moaning whinging tosspots we have at this club.

What does it take for people to be positive about the club?

We beat an inform side, if we win our games in hand we'll be close to the play offs, we only need probably 10 points from the last 16 games to stay up

So what if we played poorly, since when have we had the luxury of fielding a side full of talented players who only play the beautiful game. Get f'ing real. This is the third division, we are a poor club with crap resources, a rookie manager, a shithole of a ground, BUT we are more than holding our own. We were never likely to do anything better than tread water until Falmer in any case.

We should create a seperate Forum for NSC Whingers, so they can all f*** off and spread their doom and gloom elsewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here