Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone In

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Interesting debate on ticketing but no-one prepared to point the finger at what the hell the commercial department does for this club which to me is nothing.

I don't agree with the Mansfield business as we have not even road tested the current set up.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't think the commercial dept. have much breathing space, do they?

Regarding the Mansfield tie, if we get a big draw there are going to be people disappointed. Am I right in thinking the white members do not get preference for a home tie? It doesn't stipulate a home tie, only away ties.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I can't speak for the rest of the dept but to be honest, HKFC and I are forever banging on about how good a deal it is for families. He and I both take our respective kiddies and each of us gets in, gets a programme and still change from £30. They get schools and local clubs in and there is ALWAYS an atmosphere in the family stand.

Credit also due to Falmer for All and his Burgess Hill Massive too.

There really is no excuse for mums and dads not to get involved at least half a dozen times a season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I don't think the commercial dept. have much breathing space, do they?

No they don't given the recent fiascos - forcible removal of the family stand, Spurs fiasco, West Ham fiasco (including if we had the replay)........................

Add the fact you can't even apply for a ticket by phone but send a fax.

I suppose the one issue they can't resolve is the general malaise with supporting football - over paid players reflected in high prices

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
i would of thought that those going to the Mansfield game should keep there ticket stubs and if we get a big gun they get priority? simple enough isn't it?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
i would of thought that those going to the Mansfield game should keep there ticket stubs and if we get a big gun they get priority? simple enough isn't it?

Wrong, the club has introduced a new system therefore they should at least see if it works.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
I think they got it wrong as some poeps will pay the extra money and maybe not even go to a game ,but i suppose the proof is in the pudding?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I didn't listen to the phone-in but were they talking about how we could get more people to attend home league games with the promise of a voucher for a cup match? This is what Harty was on about after the Carlisle game.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Wrong, the club has introduced a new system therefore they should at least see if it works.

The current deals on ticketing:-

Gold Membership
(exclusive to season ticket holders)
Membership entitles the holder to the following benefits:
- Guarantees* one priority ticket per season ticket holder for all high-interest away games, including cup ties and play-off matches
- Continued priority for season ticket holders for all home cup and play-off games.
*Subject to availability - if the number of away tickets allocated to the club is less than the number of Gold Members the tickets will be allocated on a first-come, first served basis.

Blue Membership
Non-season ticket holders can purchase entry to the "Blue" tier membership for £30 per season (adults) - £15 (U16's)
- Second priority* for members for high-interest away games, including Cup ties and Play-off matches.
- Priority for seats not allocated to season ticket holders for all home cup and play-off games.
*Subject to availability

White Membership
White members will be able to apply for tickets for all ticketed away games and will get next priority after Gold and Blue members for high interest away games.

http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Membership/0,,10433,00.html

It only counts for Gold and Blue members for a home cup tie. How many of them are there? 4,500ish combined? So it would be a free-for-all after they have been sold.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It only counts for Gold and Blue members for a home cup tie. How many of them are there? 4,500ish combined? So it would be a free-for-all after they have been sold.

Still wrong - BOF in business if you set a standard and publish a system and get people to sign up you will lose total face if you then change it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I didn't listen to the phone-in but were they talking about how we could get more people to attend home league games with the promise of a voucher for a cup match? This is what Harty was on about after the Carlisle game.

No it was an offer that anyone who purchases a ticket after the STH / Blue members etc for the FAC 3 game against Mansfield is guaranteed a ticket if a 4th round home tie which would not necessarily work.

Reason being draw a big Premiership club at home and they will 25% of the gate and their part of the South Stand.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Still wrong - BOF in business if you set a standard and publish a system and get people to sign up you will lose total face if you then change it.

I agree with that, but it is going to be difficult processing 1,000s of applicants for a home tie when there is no superiority.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I agree with that, but it is going to be difficult processing 1,000s of applicants for a home tie when there is no superiority.

Good so let's all stop this stupidity in suggesting something different.

BTW 1,000 applications will be a challenge !

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
When did we beat Mansfield? Did I miss it? ???

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
When did we beat Mansfield? Did I miss it? ???

Counting chickens before they're hatched comes to mind. Of course I hope we beat them out of sight, but let's win first before we argue about what happens next.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Yay :clap2:. The STH whingefest is back. Now THIS is the NSC I know and love :kiss::clap2::drink:

It would be VERY dangerous for the Club to promise that a Mansfield ticket stub might have a value when 4th Round away tickets are up for grabs.

What if we draw Horsham away? Most Gold Members won't even get a ticket. No Blue Members would. But at least the published scheme makes that clear.

A promise to give Mansfield stub holders a look in would be worthless. And there would be a ROW - no doubt stirred up on the phone in.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
As someone who was a regular at the Goldstone, Priestfield and now a season ticket holder at Withers as well as attending away games when i can, I still managed to miss out on the tickets in the last couple of years for the big cup matches at Spurs and West Ham, losing out to those who where a part of a system that meant that if you brought one ticket or just even joined the old away members scheme, you got the same chance of getting one of the tickets, as a regular, because the previous system meant you were on the system and therefore eligable indefinately.

It is hard for the club to tell those who attend alot of away games (and deserve a chance to get tickets) from one that attended one match only several seasons (and are possibly only interested in going because its a glamour tie rather than supporting the albion)

Give the current system a chance, hopefully it will work out to be much fairer

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Surely anything they did along these lines would have to be for home matches only. Even then it would only take effect if there were seats left after gold and blue members had taken their allocation. After the compulsory 15% for away fans that wouldn't leave many at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here