Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone in thread

ChapManiA

Banned
Oct 25, 2004
Burgess Hill, West-Sussex
Listened to todays phone in while driving home from my mothers and what a load of rubbish it was with Richie Reynolds and Mike Ward. They kept saying if you want to talk about this, that something else phone in and share it with us and my wife said they are desperate they just want people to phone in about anything. 1 man, Bill came on and I thought that he spoke a load of rubbish but that is just a personal opinion others may think he spoke sense. The 2nd caller came on at 5.45 with less than 15 minutes to go. So why are people not interested in calling in.

When will the BBC go crawling back to Harty and beg him to come back or stop the phone in altogether and just have a sport review and interviews with players managers etc.

It did smack of total desperation, with topics such as 'What's the longest its taken you to get to a game? What's your favourite Albion game of all time?'

Next week I expect 'What's your favourite matchday sweet, a mint or a wine gum?'

Nice to hear Herb call near the end, digging at Mike Ward.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I thought the guy that was on the line from Carlisle might miss his train as he went on air 4 minutes before the train was due to pull out and it sounded like he was still on the platform.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Didnt hear that as I arrived home as the 2nd caller was on and went indoors and turned the car radio off.

What was the car radio doing in your home?
Don't your brakes work?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
sounded better without Mike Ward butting in to everything

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They don't have a clue do they? None of us give a flying f*** about the women's world cup, but you can guarantee they'll waste about 15minutes f***ing talking about it. Having just wasted 10minutes giving shitty travel updates and reports from matches no one cares about. Now summarising a match we've all just listened to. And now 5 minutes giving the classifieds.

I have a photo of myself with the women's football world cup. This is all.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Mike Ward is not a BHAFC fan, that is the issue

I didn't know this - Always thought he was?

Who does he support? He must like the Albion tho surely

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Mike Ward has a season ticket. I don't like a lot of what he says, but he pays his money...

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Mike Ward has a season ticket. I don't like a lot of what he says, but he pays his money...

Thought he used to be an Arsenal fan.....?, but moved to Brighton and now supports us...?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did Ward cry off being on the phone in because he was so distressed about Arsenal's shock defeat though? :lolol:

D

Deleted User X18H

Thought he used to be an Arsenal fan.....?, but moved to Brighton and now supports us...?

Mike switched allegiance to the Albion some years ago. He did used to support Arsenal maybe he still does. There has been a bit of witch hunt on poor Mike since he made perhaps less than favourable remarks about the Albion on his Independent Blog.

We follow each other on Twitter so I know he at least reads stuff on here, don't know if he contributes though.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
The fact that he switched from Arsenal to Brighton is excellent.........it's what the Albion need more of, to be successful at Falmer and build our fan base. As he actually GOES to watch the Albion, he's a fully-paid-up proper fan, in my view....and good on him.

I find him a bit boring on the phone-in, but his writing is always interesting. He should stick to what he's good at.............writing...........and supporting the Albion of course...!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The phone in just needs some callers,it dosn't get much better than talking about the Albion with Johnny Byrne who was an Albion legend of coarse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here