Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone in thread

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
It's easy for some numpty to sit at a computer and spout bile at people, who let's face it, are working on a Saturday when you are not. The BBC team have driven up to Sheffield today to bring you your content while you sit at home.

Is that not their job? For which they are being paid?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Ted has got a point though. If you don't like the phone-in, you could call in and say so rather than sitting on here moaning about it.

"We don't wanna talk about women's rugby".

Plainly we don't, since no-one took up the invitation to do so - an invitation that was repeated at ten minute intervals throughout the show.

What might be a good idea is for the presenters to have some feeling for what is of interest to listeners to an Albion phone in.

Being "controversial" for the sake of it doesn't work either.

Please ... no more nonsense such as "do you agree with Mike Ward that it would be better to be relegated than have Leon Knight back?" or "is promotion a bad idea, if it means we'll have more difficult games next season and drive the crowds away?" That sort of stuff is worse than amateur.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
I think the reason why people are so annoyed is that it can be improved so easily, but it continues to be the same every week.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mike Ward is not a BHAFC fan, that is the issue

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Driving home from the game today and listened to the Radio Sheffield phone in and must say it was very good perhaps Radio Sussex should listen to a rerun of it and then do likewise with their poor effort.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Driving home from the game today and listened to the Radio Sheffield phone in and must say it was very good perhaps Radio Sussex should listen to a rerun of it and then do likewise with their poor effort.

the bbc sheffield phone-in is excellent - partly because there is never anything more entertaining than hearing a yorkshireman phone up and just go on a massive rant, which tends to happen even if t'blades have won 4-0

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
BBC Sheffield have many clubs on their phone-in: Utd, Wednesday, Rotherham, Doncaster, Chesterfield. Their presenter does not support any of these - so should they get on his back too?

no - because he is actually good at his job

to a large extent, the phone in is what the callers make it - and if you have no callers, then it's going to be difficult to make a decent show. you then have to ask why there are no callers, and judging from this thread it appears to be that a lot of people dont like mike ward and are put off from calling him

conversely, you also need to give people something to call up about - and plainly on a phone in show that is designed to be about the albion, womens rugby isn't going to get people picking up the phone to discuss!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The thing is this...when we had an engaged, knowlegable and funny BRIGHTON FAN who bleeds blue and white, doing the phone in there were a fair few on here on endlessly f***ing whining and arseaching, or worse, sending complaints to the beeb because he dropped a bollock on air about flids or windowlickers or some pathetic shit..

If anyone has bothered to read Mikes facinating travelogue, documenting his transition from armchair plastic gooner to radio spaz and general nuisance who hangs round the Albion because he apparently hates his missus or was having some totally bent middle age crisis, would have realised long ago that just because he is a TV critic for the f***ing Daily Star and, therefore, a Meeja face this in no way qualifies the boring, no talent, wanker to host a radio show listened to by people who really care about the club and might know something about it.

Sorry Mike. I don't know you personally but seriously...just give it up mate. stick to reviewing Big Brother and celebrity tit wank for the mongs who read the star and LEAVE THE ALBION ALONE.

Now you've got Mike "Mental" Ward doing your phone in...enjoy...pricks.

Ian Hart.

Mesage ends.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
The thing is this...when we had an engaged, knowlegable and funny BRIGHTON FAN who bleeds blue and white, doing the phone in there were a fair few on here on endlessly f***ing whining and arseaching, or worse, sending complaints to the beeb because he dropped a bollock on air about flids or windowlickers or some pathetic shit..

If anyone has bothered to read Mikes facinating travelogue, documenting his transition from armchair plastic gooner to radio spaz and general nuisance who hangs round the Albion because he apparently hates his missus or was having some totally bent middle age crisis, would have realised long ago that just because he is a TV critic for the f***ing Daily Star and, therefore, a Meeja face this in no way qualifies the boring, no talent, wanker to host a radio show listened to by people who really care about the club and might know something about it.

Sorry Mike. I don't know you personally but seriously...just give it up mate. stick to reviewing Big Brother and celebrity tit wank for the mongs who read the star and LEAVE THE ALBION ALONE.

Now you've got Mike "Mental" Ward doing your phone in...enjoy...pricks.

Ian Hart.

Mesage ends.

Bang on bring back harty, :thumbsup:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
ive given up listening to it, i personally cant stand mike ward, and the show is shit, the only best part of the show was Gus's interview

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
What used to be something uniquely Albion...totally unlike any of the other anonymous, borefests that typify lower league local radio phone ins...and god knows I have listened to the efforts elsewhere in the UK travelling back from aways, is now just, well, dull.

I am aware that Mike Ward reads this forum, he mentions it often enough, so I apologise for calling him a wanker...like I say, I don't know the bloke and presumably he just took the gig because there was no one else with a big enough profile at the club at the time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Listened to todays phone in while driving home from my mothers and what a load of rubbish it was with Richie Reynolds and Mike Ward. They kept saying if you want to talk about this, that something else phone in and share it with us and my wife said they are desperate they just want people to phone in about anything. 1 man, Bill came on and I thought that he spoke a load of rubbish but that is just a personal opinion others may think he spoke sense. The 2nd caller came on at 5.45 with less than 15 minutes to go. So why are people not interested in calling in.

When will the BBC go crawling back to Harty and beg him to come back or stop the phone in altogether and just have a sport review and interviews with players managers etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here