Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone In Thrad (1/11/06)

Gritt23 said:
I's rather hear you at least trying to keep the phone-in sensible, rather than all that. Tough to know what you are supposed to do on a phone-in when virtually no-one phones in.

Amen to that. People seem to want wall to wall Leroy. Oh well.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
There is a certain amount of irony here.

Quite a few people earlier on this season were saying that harty was only saying what Albion fans thought.

However, last two phone ins, there haven't been many callers. Now it may be that

a) we're winning,

b) that actually Albion fans don't necessarily think controversial and negative things and that rather than being a voice of the fans, harty is actually a good facilitator of debate and comment.

c) Alternatively, the fans who think these things are not prepared to phone up when he's not around.

In which case, the last few weeks have actually shown the phone in under harty for what it is - which is a good entertaining show.

Harty is great at prompting and stimulating calls and debate and making the show flow - but just as Trisha isn't necessarily a true reflection of British society, the phone in isn't a scientifically accurate cross section of Albion fans.

I now await the flaming from those who will take this as a pop at rather than what it really is which is a positive reflection of Ian.

p.s. if you want to hear Dave's opinion on the Albion at Bradford next Saturday, then he'll be in a pub on the isle of wight on a stag do. I'll see if dave and I can talk for an hour without any calls
:p

Last edited:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Ernest said:
sparks.jpg

This town ain't big enough for the both of us :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

or Amateur Hour.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
And a big hello you all you truckers out there....

smashy_nicey.jpg

Looking forward to tonight's big, big quiz - 'Where's My Pencil!?'

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Lord Bracknell said:
Sit there trembling, hoping the words "It's Lesley from Hove" don't come ringing down your headphones.

Percy she was banned a long long time ago............:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here