Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone In Thrad (1/11/06)

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Stoaty Ferret said:
Felt sorry for him some of the early callers were abysmal. My 11 mins on air turned it rounfd though...:drink:

Was that you that he asked question after question to and finished with asking about Franchise FC? Whomever it was, sounded like they were DESPERATE to get off the phone in the end!

Criticism of tonight's phone-in are a bit harsh I feel, maybe would like to see Simon and Dave disagreeing a bit more to generate some debate but otherwise it was fine.

Last edited:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
London Irish said:
Bit harsh I feel, maybe would like to see Simon and Dave disagreeing a bit more to generate some debate but otherwise it was fine.

second. he did make a good effort, but he's WAY too nice!

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
Not sure who is worse SL or DTG, sorry guys!

You've got to learn to cut the idiots off, not let some bloke who didn't go to the game rabbit on for 10 minutes about how wonderful we were tonight!

Think I'll stop listening till Harty's back

very :yawn:

I know that dad will have something to say about that. he knows when to cut people off!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
I know that dad will have something to say about that. he knows when to cut people off!

I'm sure he does - however at the moment it's all a bit cosy (Smashey and Nicey spring to mind !)

Having said that the phone in is always boring when we win!

Wilkins out!

:angry:

:jester:

Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
Having said that the phone in is always boring when we win!
Yeah, good point - here's to many more boring phone-ins! :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

It would've been much better radio if Levvo or Dave had ripped into Leroy for his ridiculous comment about Bowditch being a tart... especially since Levvo said, five minutes later, that he disagreed.

Harty sometimes lets his own opinions take over too much, but at least he tries to deliver a Mrs Merton-style "heated debate".

Without sparks, a phone-in can be very dull. And I know, because I've done them.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
The 'sparks' will return on Sat 11th November.

The batteries will be recharged and I will be back on air, thanks to Levo for keeping my seat warm.

But will the Beeb let me kick off the show with Gary Glitters "Hello Hello I'm back again"?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Harty said:
The 'sparks' will return on Sat 11th November.

Nice one. I hope you get a tad more respect this time harty. You don't know what you've got till it's a gone...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be fair, we are only as good as the people who phone in! we had three calls last night....THREE CALLS

If taking Mellor's point, we had cut off the first bloke you would have got more of me and Levo talking to eachother, which people recon was " too cosy".

well its your phone in, you set the agenda...if no-one phones in what are we to do? There was only some things you could have said about the game and as no-one phoned in and there was only 2700 odd people there, presumably people didnt really give a toss about the game anyway.

If I wasnt there gawd knows what poor levo would have done.

BTW try talking for 45 minutes unscripted to a live audience, trying not to say "eerm" or pausing, or repeating what you say....its fecking difficult and that is why Harty does such an excellent job of it. ( at the risk of being accused of being up his arse)

I am not on the next couple of weeks so you wont have to put up with my droning on!

Dave

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
(Smashey and Nicey spring to mind !)

And a big hello you all you truckers out there....

smashy_nicey.jpg

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
wanker

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dave the Gaffer said:
To be fair, we are only as good as the people who phone in! we had three calls last night....THREE CALLS.

Dave

That was most obvious and shown by the fact that you and levo kept on about nothing for ages waiting for a caller. In fairness to the people like myself who usually phone in Levo for whatever reason drowned on and on in a dreary tone and showed no emotion or passion in his voice to encourage callers in the manner that Harty does.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Harty and DTG , the dream team

Bring it on.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Dave the Gaffer said:
To be fair, we are only as good as the people who phone in! we had three calls last night....THREE CALLS

I guess that's why presenters on Talksport tend to open the show with a ridiculously / outrageous comment so that people phone up in their droves to tear them apart.

"I think we should have elasticated goals, so that players can try to pull the posts wider apart, as a shot is being taken."

"Scotland - aren't they a pub team?"

"[insert team name] are a bunch of divers"

I's rather hear you at least trying to keep the phone-in sensible, rather than all that. Tough to know what you are supposed to do on a phone-in when virtually no-one phones in.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Gritt23 said:
I guess that's why presenters on Talksport tend to open the show with a ridiculously / outrageous comment so that people phone up in their droves to tear them apart.

"I think we should have elasticated goals, so that players can try to pull the posts wider apart, as a shot is being taken."

"Scotland - aren't they a pub team?"

"[insert team name] are a bunch of divers"

I's rather hear you at least trying to keep the phone-in sensible, rather than all that. Tough to know what you are supposed to do on a phone-in when virtually no-one phones in.

When you dont phone in, it is then relaint on the presenter/presenters to fill in, which is what Levo and I were doing a lot of the time last night.

I took umbridge with what Kaney/Leroy said about the Ipswich lad being an overblown tart, and told him so.

It is very much a balancing act. Danny Baker and the other Danny bloke( cant remember his name) who did 5 live and the like, would cut people off after about 5 words and spent a lot of the tiem "bantering" with each other. they are professional broadcasters and paid to do it and are very good at it. harty has been doing the show for many years now and his patter is very good as people have seen. With that comes his opinions about DK etc which some people find unacceptable, but he generates talking points, which is what it is all about.

people say that SCR phone in is amateurish....welll that may be so, but i actually think that is the beauty of it. It is not a slick 606 type program a sthey have people potentially phoning in about every club in the country...SCR is very much a local call in.

I come back to my original point, to talk for 45 minutes unscripted about a Johnsons paint Trophy match which didnt warrant the ground being over 1/4 full and attracted three calls ( and one of them about albions all time X1 when the caller had not been to the albion for God knows how long)is quite daunting....though very enjoyable

:D

Last edited:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I have to say I was laughing at the bloke going on about his all time albion 11 especially when there was mention of bobby zamora up fornt he said he never saw zamora play.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
tinx said:
I have to say I was laughing at the bloke going on about his all time albion 11 especially when there was mention of bobby zamora up fornt he said he never saw zamora play.

and steve gatting and garry stevens in midfield

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here