Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PHONE advice needed

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Look, just get an iPhone and be done with it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
An iPhone is the only way forward - the best piece of kit on the market.

A better Android phone will be along in a while, for sure (the Motorola Droid X being the next Android big thing) and then another one a week later and then another one etc etc. I think this fragmented space will become an issue for the Android world in time.

Your main problem with the iPhone 4 is actually getting your hands on one. As the quickest selling phone ever, they are in very short supply. Tesco have the best tariffs at the moment and they piggyback on O2's network.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It is indeed.
I feel like a bit of a SLUT though, cos I've got 10 games on the go at the moment. Its like coming in and doing my homework.

Pah - that's nothing. I always have the max 20 on the go, although some of my opponents are not quite so quick at keeping goes turning over.

Words with Friends is digital crack.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fits nicely in a MAN PURSE.

Totally, Steve Jobs asked me for the dimensions when desiging the new 4G phone. Purse aside the good thing about an Iphone is that it does sit nicely in my 501s without ruining the line.

A la mode dadio.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Totally, Steve Jobs asked me for the dimensions when desiging the new 4G phone. Purse aside the good thing about an Iphone is that it does sit nicely in my 501s without ruining the line.

A la mode dadio.

It was nice of him to ask I feel.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Samsung Galaxy Beam

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Have been a long time iPhone sceptic, but took the plunge last week, ditched the Nokia and got myself a new iPhone 4.

Its a beautiful piece of kit, does everything ( internet, phone, maps, GPS, email, etc, etc, etc), and does it all really well.

11/10

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
I have had the HTC Desire for about 3 weeks now, stunning phone. People only get an IPhone because of the marketing around it, check out the HTC on youtube you wont regret it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just been tweeted this - made me laugh

"Can we sort this out once and for all, and give Paul the Psychic Octopus two boxes - one with an iPhone and one an Android?"

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Thanks for the advice folks, I'm all a DITHER still.

Which one is best for texting whilst driving?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'll let you play with my Android next week, KIERAN, so you can see whether you like the feel of it

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I find my Blackberry allows me to send better quality and less error-strewn texts when on the move. The tactile keyboard is easier to work with when available fingers are at a premium. The virtual keyboard of an iDevice makes it a much trickier proposition.

In fact, I had all sorts of problems last week. I needed to know if the good lady wanted some dolmades or just olives from the farm shop on my way home so composed a quick text as I navigated the windy lanes. I all but ran a cyclist off the road in the process - you should have seen his angry face! Unfortunately for him, it was an important question I needed to send, and I generally keep the car under reasonable control.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Its not so much the texting whilst driving (which is actually quite easy with an iPhone), its browsing YouTube that I find is so straightforward. If I use my pinky, the touchscreen keyboard is a doddle to use, even in built-up areas and when going over speedbumps outside schools etc. I managed to browse and watch an entire 'teen sleepover' video the other day, and pause/rewind the good bits whilst on the go - and I was easily pushing 40 at the time.

Obviously motorways are a piece of piss whatever device you are using, just stay in the middle lane.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here