Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
And putting peoples lifes at risk?? Nice one

20071224-RP12-23-07StoutV2%20SM.jpg

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
If you already have a familiarity with Nokia, value reliability and texting simplicity then get this slimline treat

NokiaE72.jpg

Nokia Europe - Nokia E72 - Mobile phone for business and personal communication with free navigation

It does the push e-mail, has a SUPERB battery life and unlike Apple's app store, anyone can write apps for it (which a naughty boy might abuse by downloading pirated versions of paid for apps from all over the interwebs).

Admittedly it may well be one of the last handsets to be running Nokia's Symbian OS but that shouldn't put you off because its long life just means its possibilities are almost limitless.

What's more is that all Nokia smartphones come free with Ovi maps, including SatNav. I have used mine both in walking mode and whilst in the car and it has been faultless. Just like a TomTom, except you get it for free. You can download maps that cover ALL of Europe too, for nothing. And yes, you can choose the voice of whomsoever you please to give you the directions whilst travelling.

Most Apple apps have been ported, already existed for or have equivalent versions for use with Symbian S60. The Twitter client, Gravity, is one of the best in the business. The Glastonav app was incredibly useful for the festival a couple of weeks back (and available ready to use BEFORE the iPhone version was ready) AND a real fave of mine is an app that, if you are athletically minded, records your speed, distance covered and various averages along the way if you're out on a run or a ride.

What's more is that you can get this lovely little phone (which is considerably smaller and neater than the iPhone) for FREE on a cheap contract, whilst an iPhone will always cost you more per month, irrespective of your years of loyalty to your network and any discount you may have accrued as a result.

ALSO you can pick up a spare battery for a few quid, UNLIKE with the iPhone, so if you're away without power access for a bit, you don't need to lose it. As I mentioned I did Glastonbury recently and it lasted SIX days with me using it like mad to record videos, send multimedia messages and emails, navigate my way back to my tent with the satnav etc. on just the one battery change. It was still working on the drive home Monday evening (having last been charged the previous Monday).

If you look around the internet you will see a great deal of positive coverage about this handset and its predecessor the E71, it just hasn't been pushed like the iPhone has in the media.

Essentially mine has handled everything I've thrown at it without complaining and despite having owned it all year I'm still finding neat new little features it has built in. Has Flash player built in, MS Office apps Excel, Word AND Powerpoint as standard and for me the Spotify app you can download is even smoother than using it on the computer. Of course all these apps can run concurrently too, as it has the ability to multitask.

This is a little out of date but you can see from this comparison list MANY reasons the Nokia comes out on top (the older E71 is being compared to the older iPhone 3G but a lot of the results can still be compared fairly none the less i.e. the iphone is still closed whilst the Nokia will let anyone have a tinker.

iPhone 3G Vs Nokia E71 Review

And you can reliably use microSD cards of up to 32gb, hot swappable, for essentially limitless storage.

I do like the iPhone and the new one looks lovely, but it's a bit like a PC over a Mac. You know the PC is gonna be able to do far more, it just doesn't look as pretty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here