Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Philosophy Today: What does Brighton & Hove mean to you?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Brighton means a combination of two things, the sea and a diverse city. I like the fact that you can be who you want to be in Brighton, there are so many oppotunities in such a small city. Also being by the sea always amkes you feel like there are endless possibilities.

The pretention of it grates now and again, upper middle class trustafarians and scenesters with an inflated sense of themselves actually irritate me as much as the chavs.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
The Large One said:
Probably because there are too many London immigrants in Brighton now... :)

Could be mate, it does feel more and more like london all the time

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Croydonbloke said:
Brighton

Brighton is the gay capital of the world.

Invested with Seagull poop.

Stoney Beach.

No Character.

Have to commute to Croydon or London for good Jobs and pay.

You don`t have the pleasure of having a day out to the sea as you are there al, the time.

Croydon

Croydon is vibrant.

Good Job oppotunities and Close to London.

We have pleasure in visiting the coast `EXCLUDING BRIGHTON` in the summer.

We have Palace
Desparate.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Les Biehn said:
Brighton means a combination of two things, the sea and a diverse city.

One thing I don't think it is is diverse, to be honest. It's hardly a melting pot of ethnic minority influences in the way that, say, West London or Bristol or Leicester are.

OK -- so there's a big gay community. But it's predominantly a big white middle class gay community.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I wouldn't say it's diverse but it is rich in culture, and many forms of it, more so than you'd expect from a TOWN of it's size. You just have to scratch the surface to find a whole heap if things happening.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Croydonbloke said:
About what exactly. I have pointed out some good facts there mate.
Some facts, and some rubbish points.

Brighton is NOT the gay capital of the world. Silly boy.
Brighton might be INFESTED with seagull poop, but that's because we have seagulls, because we're next to the sea.
Stoney beach saves washing sand out of your arse.
Plenty of character. And characters. And you don't have to look hard for them.

Have to commute to Croydon or London for good Jobs and pay. And what a price that is to pay to think you can get good quality of life out of them.

You don't have the pleasure of having a day out to the sea as you are there al, the time. The pleasure is all ours - all the time.

Croydon is vibrant. Croydon vibrates with trains maybe. I think you mean Croydon is VIOLENT.

Close to London. Reason enough to stay away.

We have pleasure in visiting the coast 'EXCLUDING BRIGHTON' in the summer. Your tragedy, our joy.

We have Palace Desparate.

I win. :wave:

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its a shite hole :angry:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Croydonbloke said:
Brighton

Brighton is the gay capital of the world.

Invested with Seagull poop.

Stoney Beach.

No Character.

Have to commute to Croydon or London for good Jobs and pay.

You don`t have the pleasure of having a day out to the sea as you are there al, the time.

Croydon

Croydon is vibrant.

Good Job oppotunities and Close to London.

We have pleasure in visiting the coast `EXCLUDING BRIGHTON` in the summer.

We have Palace

NURSE!

Bring the Straightjacket

This man is delusional and needs his medication.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
One thing I don't think it is is diverse, to be honest. It's hardly a melting pot of ethnic minority influences in the way that, say, West London or Bristol or Leicester are.

OK -- so there's a big gay community. But it's predominantly a big white middle class gay community.

I didn't mean diverse in ethnicity, I meant culturally i.e nightlife, events, art etc...

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
The Large One said:
Some facts, and some rubbish points.

Brighton is NOT the gay capital of the world. Silly boy.
Brighton might be INFESTED with seagull poop, but that's because we have seagulls, because we're next to the sea.
Stoney beach saves washing sand out of your arse.
Plenty of character. And characters. And you don't have to look hard for them.

Have to commute to Croydon or London for good Jobs and pay. And what a price that is to pay to think you can get good quality of life out of them.

You don't have the pleasure of having a day out to the sea as you are there al, the time. The pleasure is all ours - all the time.

Croydon is vibrant. Croydon vibrates with trains maybe. I think you mean Croydon is VIOLENT.

Close to London. Reason enough to stay away.

We have pleasure in visiting the coast 'EXCLUDING BRIGHTON' in the summer. Your tragedy, our joy.

We have Palace Desparate.

I win. :wave:
Brighton is NOT the gay capital of the world. Silly boy. Yes it bloody well is.

Stoney beach saves washing sand out of your arse. Ermmm which is quite handy.

:eek:

Plenty of character. And characters. And you don't have to look hard for them. Who exactly. Chris I have an attitude Eubank. Or that DJ Bloke Fat boy slim.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I love the way the word "vibrant" is without fail used to describe parts of London that, to anyone not actively involved in trying to big them up, look like godforsaken shitpits.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Croydonbloke said:

Plenty of character. And characters. And you don't have to look hard for them. Who exactly. Chris I have an attitude Eubank. Or that DJ Bloke Fat boy slim.

We have real characters. You have characters from Little Britain.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Croydonbloke said:
Brighton is NOT the gay capital of the world. Silly boy. Yes it bloody well is.

Stoney beach saves washing sand out of your arse. Ermmm which is quite handy.

:eek:

I think you will find San Francisco is gay capital of the world. Besides, what is wrong with that, Cave Dweller?

Obviously another person obsessed with celebrities :thud:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here