Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] **Philip Schofield - Castaway, Official Thread**

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Television presenting is much harder than people think and his viewing figures suggest otherwise.

I'm no fan of his and as for This Morning.. awful.

But he is a brilliant communicator only out of his depth when This Morning goes out it's depth interviewing politicians. He ain't a journalist that's for sure.

However credit where credit is due. Over promoted, lack of talent do not apply to him. He's forged a successful career for years across a number of genres in a commercial environment.

If he wasn't pulling in the viewers (and the advertisers) he'd have been off the screen years ago. ITV are ruthless and I'm not talking about Eamonn's ex-partner.

That's all he is there to do and he did it very very well for years.
You won't get away with that on here, once NSC's got a witch hunt on the go, only the foolhardy, or slightly insane would dare stick their head above the parapet of all the clucking, outraged, sanctimonious middle-aged men and women who pile on lemming-like, wanting their pound of our Phil's flesh, all of whom have doubtlessly lived unwaveringly perfect, pious, saintly lives.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
“Edgelord of the Flies” - Marina Hyde gives the show a solid drubbing on her podcast with Richard Osman;

Just a note though, while very knowledgeable on this podcast on TV/Movie/Media (including gaming) issues, I’ve found them to be completely off the mark on issues related to theatre and West End.

While it isn’t their wheelhouse, they spoke with authority and were completely wrong on many things theatre-related that they’ve said.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
A voyage to the limits of self-pity
Almost zero contrition at all
A picnic of narcissism
He doesn't remotely understand what has happened
The bitterness sucks the inside of your cheeks in
This must be so embarrassing to watch
Unwise but not illegal
Actually he's now dropped the illegal bit
I want to see if the ultimate isolation can finally set me free
A double layer of cynicism
The sense of self-importance is Titanic
A lot of people found him very difficult to work with - he doesn't seem to have many defenders
A ridiculous point of view
Weird sense of indispensability
It makes me feel disdainful
He's not Tom Cruise, he's not Box Office
Not even in the same postcode as self-reflection

Oh go on, tell us what you really thing, Marina :laugh:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here