Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] **Philip Schofield - Castaway, Official Thread**

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Was difficult not to feel some sympathy for him, he came across well and showed true stoicism in exceptional circumstances. Ratings through the roof too which show he may have been cancelled but he's still relevant.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Unless he’s taken Gordon the Gopher with him, I won’t be watching.
I always believed Gordon was the more talented of the two, and nothing since has changed my opinion.

Having said that, I confess I have never knowingly watched a single minute of Good Morning Britain.
The only Good Morning Britain that I ever see is when I wake up, get out of bed, pull back the curtains, look out of the window and say “F*** off”. So there.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Please don’t watch this, please boycott it - if you have to watch it wait a few months and then watch it on catch up - by then the viewing figures will be in and he will slink away to his very young ( unwise but not illegal) partner.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think that's a bit unfair. Children's television star back in day, West End musicals and host of ITV daytime.

By any standards he has had a very good career until it exploded.
Yes. I always found him a warm and engaging presenter, and as a young girl my daughter loved him. Ok, like a lot of famous people it turns out he was a complete arsehole in real life, and he does now appear to have gone completely 'Prince Andrew', but he was good at what he did.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Yes. I always found him a warm and engaging presenter, and as a young girl my daughter loved him. Ok, like a lot of famous people it turns out he was a complete arsehole in real life, and he does now appear to have gone completely 'Prince Andrew', but he was good at what he did.
He visited Brit Embassy in DC when I worked there in the early millennium, him and Roy Castle's widow dropping in on behalf of the Roy Castle Cancer Foundation. Gave everyone his time during a long evening, including lots of fan-girling Brit women embassy employees who grew up with him on TV. Bizarrely, they'd also brought the League Cup with them for people to be individually photographed with, which a young CM did, dangling my BHA key ring from its lid for the photo. Seemed like an ego-free guy happily giving everyone his time throughout.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I'm amazed that people like Schofield have such longevity anyway.

Surely every year another batch of talented youngsters burst out from their various colleges etc who are so much more talented, cheaper, younger and prettier.

Almost anyone is more talented than Stephen Mulhern for example.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
what was he cancelled for?

Being gay?
Having a young gay partner?
Lying about having a young gay partner?
all of the above?

Seems a bit harsh.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
Eamonn Holmes was winding into Schofield this morning, it was quite unpleasant. He gave him both barrels.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think that's a bit unfair. Children's television star back in day, West End musicals and host of ITV daytime.

By any standards he has had a very good career until it exploded.
Having a good career doesn't mean you have talent. Even Leon Best (Newcastle Championship title 2009-10) has won more than Harry Kane.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My German 'ex' loved him. Swore blind he was German (she pronounced his name 'schoelfeld'), here to bring culture and jollity from der fatherland.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Having a good career doesn't mean you have talent. Even Leon Best (Newcastle Championship title 2009-10) has won more than Harry Kane.
Television presenting is much harder than people think and his viewing figures suggest otherwise.

I'm no fan of his and as for This Morning.. awful.

But he is a brilliant communicator only out of his depth when This Morning goes out it's depth interviewing politicians. He ain't a journalist that's for sure.

However credit where credit is due. Over promoted, lack of talent do not apply to him. He's forged a successful career for years across a number of genres in a commercial environment.

If he wasn't pulling in the viewers (and the advertisers) he'd have been off the screen years ago. ITV are ruthless and I'm not talking about Eamonn's ex-partner.

That's all he is there to do and he did it very very well for years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here