Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

phil collins wanted to put money into the club

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This story is bollocks I'm afraid.

A work-colleague wrote to Phil Collins begging him to invest after Phil was seen at a game. He got a very curt reply telling said friend that he was not in the habit of throwing money away.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Buzzer said:

A work-colleague wrote to Phil Collins begging him to invest after Phil was seen at a game. He got a very curt reply telling said friend that he was not in the habit of throwing money away.

Where's the Phil Collins song title pun there???

Someone's not got the hang of this thread...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Bluejuice said:
I think you'll find he left Britain when the Labour government came into power.

Unlike Paul Daniels, who claimed he'd do likewise but failed to actually do the leaving part. Stupid magic twat

:D Debbie Mcghee-tastic!

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Buzzer said:

Sorry to contradict you Buzzer, but I'm afraid that your reply is the one that is "bollocks."

I can assure you that there is some truth in the original post. He was one of three guys from the' pop music scene' who were approached by a then member of the board to invest some money in the Albion. They were all men with a lot of money, but one was and still is mega-rich. After meeting Greg Stanley he said that he was unable to deal with such an ignorant man. (or words to that effect)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Which goes to show that Phil Collins has good discernment.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
nobody's dupe said:
Sorry to contradict you Buzzer, but I'm afraid that your reply is the one that is "bollocks."

I can assure you that there is some truth in the original post. He was one of three guys from the' pop music scene' who were approached by a then member of the board to invest some money in the Albion. They were all men with a lot of money, but one was and still is mega-rich. After meeting Greg Stanley he said that he was unable to deal with such an ignorant man. (or words to that effect)

apologies all round then. It was obviously after the Stanley meeting that my work colleague sent the letter.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Large One said:
With every post you write, it makes me more and more glad you didn't get beyond the late-night piss-up conversation stage involving you to take over the club.

I was never going to take over the club myself, I was only a tool in the mechanism.

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Having Collins on the board would have been a good move, I am sure he could have drummed up more sponsors from the entertainment world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here