Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

phil collins wanted to put money into the club

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
BensGrandad said:
I would think that it is quite possibly true because I know for a fact that a well known boxing promoter wanted to buy the club and offered £7m but was told by BA to F...k Off.
Crikey. Various league chairman, well known boxing promoters. You certainly seem to move in some prestigeous circles BG.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wrote to every single Chairman in the football league and quite a few answered my letter and some even phoned me and spoke about our troubles. A couple came into my pub on their way to Glorious Goodwood.

I met Frank Warren at a business breakfast in The Savoy when I was meeting the lawyers of some of the people who were using me to get involved in a consortium to buy BHA.

The emphasis is now on DID move in such circles but no longer as I am now retired.

Suffice to say I had pubs in the East End of London and the connection between villians, some football chairmen and boxing is very close.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
BensGrandad said:
I wrote to every single Chairman in the football league and quite a few answered my letter and some even phoned me and spoke about our troubles. A couple came into my pub on their way to Glorious Goodwood.

I met Frank Warren at a business breakfast in The Savoy when I was meeting the lawyers of some of the people who were using me to get involved in a consortium to buy BHA.

The emphasis is now on DID move in such circles but no longer as I am now retired.

Suffice to say I had pubs in the East End of London and the connection between villians, some football chairmen and boxing is very close.
With every post you write, it makes me more and more glad you didn't get beyond the late-night piss-up conversation stage involving you to take over the club.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Lord Bracknell said:
Bluejuice is revealing a rather unhealthy interest in a certain genre of music.

At his own risk.

:lolol:

Are you questioning my Phil Collins knowledge?

The man remains a LEGEND, like Gary Hart

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
while i might be missing the point here, which is most likely, and being too young to name a Phil Collins song let alone do lyrics from one. Could we not get him back to put money in now?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
BensGrandad said:

You mean they all drink in pubs?

:eek:

D

Deleted member 2719

Rookie said:
while i might be missing the point here, which is most likely, and being too young to name a Phil Collins song let alone do lyrics from one. Could we not get him back to put money in now?

Not sure if he still has a place over here as he went to america for a bit of skirt.

When he lived at Loxwood apparently he did put some cash into them for facilities.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I think you'll find he left Britain when the Labour government came into power.

Unlike Paul Daniels, who claimed he'd do likewise but failed to actually do the leaving part. Stupid magic twat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here