Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Petition for Dean Wilkins to stay working for The Albion

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I would very much like him to stay but wouldn't blame him if he moved on, unlike some ex managers I can think of.

this-thread-is-gay1.jpg

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
If I wanted to spend my Saturday afternoons semi conscious, watching a glorified game of chess., I'd sign this petition. I'd rather go to the dentist and decline anaesthetic than watch any more of the mind numbing tedium served up by Wilkins.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
my signature tells my feelings on the subject i hope he stays

Skidmarks

Feb 12, 2008
Woolworths
Gotta stay, its no coincidence that we've been producing plenty of good home products in recent years which have helped heavily in our survival at the Withdean.
Give him the assistant manager role.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot see the point ofa petition. Who is it supposed to influence? DK and the board have taken what they consider to be the right action for the benefit of the club.

Dean Wilkins has been offered another job and will decide what is best for him and his family and will not be influenced by an internet petition.

I have mixed feeling on this, if he feels that he can do the job asked to the best of his ability then I would like him to stay if not he should seek pastures new.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Yep,that youth cup run was good,and probably represents the zenith of his career,7th place notwithstanding.

Don't expect him ever to get another league management post,but............it's a funny old game,football.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
As much as I sympathise with the sentiments behind this thread I really can't see Dean Wilkins taking up the offer from the chairman, and I think that his mind was made up as soon as he learned that he was to be replaced as manager. Having said that Dean is his own man and can be unpredictable at times, but I don't think so this time.

Further more I can't see Ian Chapman continuing with the Albion. He is a guy with a great deal of determination and a sense of what is proper. He is tremendously loyal to those who show confidence in his ability. He would not want his action to show any disrespect to Micky Adams, but I do expect him to walk away. Dean Wilkins brought him to the club to be his assistant, and I think that if Welly stayed he would view that as an act of betrayal to DW.

I expect the management team for next season to consist of Micky Adams, Dean White, Bob Booker and Alan Cork. I could be tempted to put money on it.

Don't agree.

Ian Chapman is the reserve team manager, and, while he does help with the coaching of the first-team, his role would be basically unchanged under Adams. If Adams wants Wilkins to stay, then I see no reason why Chappers would not want to stay.

While it might be perceived as a very magnanimous decision to walk if Wilkins decides to walk, it would also be one not based on a great deal of common sense. If Wilkins does go (and the main reason I suspect he might go is if he has a better offer on the table somewhere else), where does that leave Chappers? Fundamentally, unemployed if he does walk.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Don't agree.

Ian Chapman is the reserve team manager, and, while he does help with the coaching of the first-team, his role would be basically unchanged under Adams. If Adams wants Wilkins to stay, then I see no reason why Chappers would not want to stay.

While it might be perceived as a very magnanimous decision to walk if Wilkins decides to walk, it would also be one not based on a great deal of common sense. If Wilkins does go (and the main reason I suspect he might go is if he has a better offer on the table somewhere else), where does that leave Chappers? Fundamentally, unemployed if he does walk.

Can't agree with your common sense comment, but I see where you are coming from. If Ian does as I expect him to do, and walks out on the Albion, some might view the act as cutting off his nose to spite his face. Others will view it as the action of a man of integrity and principles. I am in the latter group.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Sell Elder for £35k

Buy Dixon for £55k

Good business? I think not.

It would be more sensible to give Dixon a bit more time. He came in half way through a season and has only been a Brighton player for less than half a year. I am reserving judgement until he has had time to bed down and has a pre-season training behind him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here