Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peterborough United v The South Coast Club

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Incidentally ... a big bucket of CONGRATULATIONS to NSC.

While all this was going on, Wolves were beating Manchester United - a result that will no doubt get top billing in most of the media - and NOBODY has shown the slightest interest.

Good stuff - this is way, way more important!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Cracking game and a cracking result. Wonder what Adkins will say after that - always good for some stupid comment

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Not sure which of the following songs I liked most

"2-0 and you f***ed it up" or "4-2 and you f***ed it up"

:lol:

Bet saints dressing room was a happy place after!

sfc1976

Feb 5, 2011
Seriously lads? Nine pages about us, with over 4000 views, and on a Saturday night? This obsession is a little unhealthy surely?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Seriously lads? Nine pages about us, with over 4000 views, and on a Saturday night? This obsession is a little unhealthy surely?

Erm it was a good game on Sky on a shit Saturday evening. The fact you threw it away just made it all the better

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I like how southampton fans come to a brighton board during/after their games and make comments about us having an obsession with them.

I don't deny the constant southampton threads on here can be a little pathetic - this one, however was about a televised game - almost all sky televised games get threads on here, especially the ones that affect us i.e. games in and around the top of our division.

If you ever get to be top of a table, you might understand the pleasure that we are getting from watching chokers choke.

If it had been Oldham v Daggers on the telly, we'd have enjoyed that just as much.

sfc1976

Feb 5, 2011
Fair enough. Just don't understand all the animosity really. I've been following Southampton for over 20yrs, and I can't recall anyone having a bad word to say about you lot. I was there at the last game at the Dell between us and everyone seemed to have a good laugh really? Was pretty shocked when one of my work pals who supports BHA was on this site and pointed out all the anti saints threads. From what I've read the principle accusation is one of arrogance. I find that hilarious. As far as I can tell whatever league we have been in, whatever players we've had, whoever has managed us, we've been pretty mediocre/crap if honest - a few seasons aside perhaps. Of course you get the odd loud mouth twat, but chances are they would be a twat whatever team they supported, not because they're saints supporters.

Feb 14, 2010
Fair enough. Just don't understand all the animosity really. I've been following Southampton for over 20yrs, and I can't recall anyone having a bad word to say about you lot. I was there at the last game at the Dell between us and everyone seemed to have a good laugh really? Was pretty shocked when one of my work pals who supports BHA was on this site and pointed out all the anti saints threads. From what I've read the principle accusation is one of arrogance. I find that hilarious. As far as I can tell whatever league we have been in, whatever players we've had, whoever has managed us, we've been pretty mediocre/crap if honest - a few seasons aside perhaps. Of course you get the odd loud mouth twat, but chances are they would be a twat whatever team they supported, not because they're saints supporters.

Nor do i mate. I couldnt give a monkeys about saints, well except the stitch up you and spurs got up to in the 70s but even so, saints not on my radar

I guess, for some of us, there is the sideshow of watching Dan Harding, Dean Hammond and Dean Wilkins not quite succeed like they thought they would.

Good luck to Andy Crosby, though. Top man!

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
I quite like Southampton FC , and used to love going to the Dell , and my concern with them now is that they don't pip us to being Champions - I think they are they only side that could do it. However, I don't like Adkins - for the little he has achieved as a manager he has a lot to say.
:bhasign:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here