Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peterborough United v The South Coast Club

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fair enough. Just don't understand all the animosity really. I've been following Southampton for over 20yrs.

Hand on heart, you didn't expect to piss this division this year? It appears most Saints fans did, hence the amusement and schadenfreude on here that you've closed just one point on us since we beat Peterborough away last year and remain 8 points adrift of us.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I've said all along that Southampton are not the threat that everyone thinks they are. I know this is history and no indicator of future performance, but they are just noit closing the gap on us. Chart showing av points per game. The gap is not closing and for them to get above us they need to be averaging 1/2 point more than us per game now - that would be nigh on 2.5pts per game and they just are showing no signs of doing so. Southampton are not a threat. As Gus said this evening - the only threat to us is ourselves. Keep delivering 2 points a game and we'll go up.

saints-av.JPG

sfc1976

Feb 5, 2011
Having never really tasted success, I found being favs to actually win something quite odd. And having been pretty much continually let down over the years I certainly didn't steam into the 11/8. In good old saints fashion I always suspected we'd foul it up. The cynic in me can see what's going to happen now - play-off final defeat. With the risk of sounding as if I'm dodging the question, if you were in our position at the start of the season, with the financial backing, players, gates etc what would you have hoped for? I hoped for automatic, but I've been supporting this team long enough to not expect anything. I can see how the blurring of the two can be seen as arrogance to be fair.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Having never really tasted success, I found being favs to actually win something quite odd. And having been pretty much continually let down over the years I certainly didn't steam into the 11/8. In good old saints fashion I always suspected we'd foul it up. The cynic in me can see what's going to happen now - play-off final defeat. With the risk of sounding as if I'm dodging the question, if you were in our position at the start of the season, with the financial backing, players, gates etc what would you have hoped for? I hoped for automatic, but I've been supporting this team long enough to not expect anything. I can see how the blurring of the two can be seen as arrogance to be fair.

Lol you sound more like an Albion fan than a Saint to me, I know exactly what you mean :lolol:

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Let's all laugh at redneb

Why have I cracked a joke?

Not sure what all the fuss is about is about here. This week we both collected 4 points from 2 away games and I would say our 2 games were trickier than yours.

You only need to finish 2nd to go up you see and were well in reach of BMuff and Huds and with games in hand. And with 19 games left to play.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You are alright:thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is begining to look as if every other club has placed a bet on us winning the league and are doing their best to win their bet, but then I wont object if they do.

Last edited:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Fair play to you, you come across as a genuine type. Unlike the some other Saints fans we get on here.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Not sure what all the fuss is about is about here. This week we both collected 4 points from 2 away games and I would say our 2 games were trickier than yours.

You only need to finish 2nd to go up you see and were well in reach of BMuff and Huds and with games in hand. And with 19 games left to play.

But you threw away a two goal lead twice today, that's why we are laughing.
And now your so dejected your talking of just second place :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Seriously lads? Nine pages about us, with over 4000 views, and on a Saturday night? This obsession is a little unhealthy surely?

I thought the thread was all about Peterborough and their 2nd cup final of the season.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne

Yeah on paper was harder games but we beat Peterboro 3-0 away and beat Exeter as well so we got overall points of 6 out of 6 in these two games and you got 4.
Not bad but thats the difference in league position we top and have been for 4 months and your chasing us and about 8 points behind us.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Atkins would do well to keep his mouth shut for a time and let the players do the talking on the pitch because every time he says something he put his foot in it by saying something stupid.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Its amazing how many ex Albion in Southampton now.
Harding - average left back - money grabber
Hammond - Good for us but wouldnt get in our team nowadays
Wilkins - Great player for us but never made it as manager when we sacked him
Crosby - Good player for us in our tough times as goldstone times as remember and Gillingham.
So we moved forward and moved these guys on but southampton getting our rejects hehe.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

It seems you've conceded you won't win the lg and we will... If only I was as confident as you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here