Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

peterboro deffo on fire

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
If we win our games in hand (which we probably will considering recent form) we would be FOURTEEN points clear of P'boro.

FOURTEEN. Take that in. Chances are after our games in hand we will be at least TEN points clear of them. What on earth is everyone panicking about?

I must be looking at a different table to you. Brighton are 6 points ahead of Peterborough with two games in hand. Simples...

I think he's looked at Huddersfield.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Lots of people talking on here like others shouldn't be worried. Face it, it's in our nature as Brighton fans (yeah yeah it's a different club now blah blah). People are allowed to be nervous aren't they? Yes we are well clear but you never know. Let people be insecure, I know I feel a tiny bit worried at the moment and every win fills me with immense joy nowadays but I'm sure for every one of me there's someone else that is taking every win in their stride. People are different and in this case nobody is wrong, but we are all fans and will celebrate every success differently. Nowt wrong with that.

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
Catch us!??!?! I doubt it. I remember those clowns bottled taking the top spot from us early on in the season and nothing has changed.
Everything has changed, not least the manager.

There is no way tht 92 points will not see us promoted. That's seven wins and five defeats(or 6 wins, three draws, three defeats) in our last 12 games. It's highly likely that 89 points will get us promoted-just 6 more wins.

While SCC and Peterborough(and to an extent Hudds) have found some good form recently, look at it from their point of view. They've finally found consistency and are winning regularly yet they can't close the gap as we have won seven of our last eight games. How frustrating must that be for them? You've also got to factor in that due to M.K Dons and Orient finding form that none of the chasing pack have secured their place in the play offs yet- for example if SCC lose to us and Orient then they could very well be below orient in the league and out of the play off places.

The only side that is going to stop us winning this league is us.
Precisely. Fans getting on the back of the team won't help their nerves. Posh have been here before. In 2009 we chased down and passed MKD, but we were nowhere near Leicester.

Lots of people talking on here like others shouldn't be worried. Face it, it's in our nature as Brighton fans (yeah yeah it's a different club now blah blah). People are allowed to be nervous aren't they? Yes we are well clear but you never know. Let people be insecure, I know I feel a tiny bit worried at the moment and every win fills me with immense joy nowadays but I'm sure for every one of me there's someone else that is taking every win in their stride. People are different and in this case nobody is wrong, but we are all fans and will celebrate every success differently. Nowt wrong with that.
Nicely put.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oops, thanks. OK, sorry, just the measly TWELVE points clear.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Given how healthy our lead is, the pressure is still on them, as there's only two automatic promotin places. Southampton have gained a lot of points recently, as have the Posh, and they're putting pressure on each other, just as much (probably more) than on us.

The chasing teams are doing well, and this isn't in the bag, but we've won our last 4 straight which makes catching us rather tricky.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here