Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter ward 36 goals under threat

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
We're 4 games into the season. FOUR.

How exactly does that show that Peter Ward's season high total is under threat? ???

It's called a prediction which you make at the start of the season like I've predicted Brighton will win the league before a balls been kicked I have no idea if my prediction will come in but it's just a guess as is cms scoring 36 goals , but with 4 goals in 4 games not a bad start is it I bet wardy is quaking in his boots :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We're 4 games into the season. FOUR.

How exactly does that show that Peter Ward's season high total is under threat? ???
Greer's in with a shout as well, as he has 2.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It's called a prediction which you make at the start of the season like I've predicted Brighton will win the league before a balls been kicked I have no idea if my prediction will come in but it's just a guess as is cms scoring 36 goals , but with 4 goals in 4 games not a bad start is it I bet wardy is quaking in his boots :)

Jinx! probably won't score again now :nono:

TopCat

Jun 17, 2011
Would have thought that IF CMS was looking like getting anywhere near this he would have had to have scored about 20 plus by Jan. Doubt it would only be Norwich showing an interest and likely to get an offer we couldn't turn down.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Too early to call, but obviously played a blinder at Burnley. The Barnsley goals were scrappier affairs, but they all count and lets hope he keeps them coming.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Bloody hell. One minute CMS is a waste of space on this site and the next he's the new Messiah. No pressure then? Give the guy a break.
I'd be delighted with 20, especially if the others around him get into double figures.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
How many goals did messi score last season was it around 60
(don't worry I'm not comparing cms to messi )

According to Wikipedia, Messi scored 73 in all competitions for Barcelona last year. He had 14 in 11 appearances in the Champions League, and 50 in 37 appearances in La Liga - which implies that Barca were effectively 1 goal to the good the moment they put his name on the team sheet.

The Spanish league may not be that competitive in terms of the actual winner outside the top two, but there are still plenty of good sides in there. The Europa League final was between two Spanish teams. Messi scoring twice as many goals as the best striker in the 100+ year history of Brighton in all divisions is bonkers.

He also had 16 assists in La Liga, so was responsible for nearly two goals per game on average. And Barcelona still didn't win the League....

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
5. Penalties don't count.

If that's the case (not that I agree with penalties not counting), you should deduct the four penalties that Ward got in 1976/77.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Does anyone want to do a revised list removing the penalties everyone scored? Did Bobby Z take them, or is he now top of the scoring chart?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here