Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter ward 36 goals under threat

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Since 1977 Peter wards record of 36 goals in a season still stands until maybe this season , all records are there to be broken and with
CMS on 4 goals already and in great form who knows ( that's if we can keep norwich at bay in January)
42 league games left plus an FA cup run
Come on Macca only 32 goals needed :thumbsup:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Not a chance. I'd like it to happen but can't see it. Feel free to bounce this comment when #37 goes in.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Bloody hell, that's bit of a tall order.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No disrespect to Magic but the 36 goals were scored against Division 3 opposition 35 years ago , when the players fitness regime was often marred by a bad diet , fags and the celebratory boozing after a win or draw.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
No disrespect to Magic but the 36 goals were scored against Division 3 opposition 35 years ago , when the players fitness regime was often marred by a bad diet , fags and the celebratory boozing after a win or draw.
How many goals did messi score last season was it around 60
(don't worry I'm not comparing cms to messi )

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Unless he was living in a monastery, surely Wardy was also part of that lifestyle? To bang 36 League and cup goals while boozing after a match and eating steak before a game shows great ability...

D

Deleted member 2719

Can't see it happening, he would have to be the penalty taker to stand a chance IMO.

I will be happy with 22 goals from him, with the midfield plus barnes, Dobbie, chipping in it should get us close.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My signature says I should be in, but I'm not.

I said 'knocking on 20+' and I think that's pushing it

20 is the new 36!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Bobby Zamora's goals were all scored against third & fourth division carthorses...

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
If he hits 20 I'll be a very happy man. However, whilst 4 goals in 2 is simply brilliant, it's not enough to project out from.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Unless he was living in a monastery, surely Wardy was also part of that lifestyle? To bang 36 League and cup goals while boozing after a match and eating steak before a game shows great ability...

Some of those were penalty kicks , CMS needs to nick the ball off Barnesy and Vicente before they place it on the spot :lol:

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
this CMS love-in is getting a bit carried away. Yes, if he scores 2 goals a game he will beat Wardy's record. But it's not going to happen, he won't go close.

More likely is he will go through a decent vein of form, then go on a barren run with a lack of confidence while he is derided on here by numpties who didn't even go to the game.

I'll love him for his work-rate regardless of how many goals he gets, and I'd be delighted if he gets 20.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here