Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Taylor; Signing away a promotion place.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
paulie said:
All about spot on. A starting line up of:

Flinders
Butterfield:Ward:Cort:Granville
Kennedy:Watson:Soares (or Hughes):McAnuff
Morrison:Another.

Should be top 10 but won't seriously challenge. Another fullback, centre midfielder and striker required. Consolidation and see how good PT is, which I honestly don't know. I'm sure you have a better idea.

I must have missed that, who did Kiraly join?

Oct 25, 2003
never thought much of butterfield or granville

who is flinders?

morrison has the potential to get a fair few goals...with nugent you should go up really

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
paulie said:
All about spot on. A starting line up of:

Flinders
Butterfield:Ward:Cort:Granville
Kennedy:Watson:Soares (or Hughes):McAnuff
Morrison:Another.

Should be top 10 but won't seriously challenge. Another fullback, centre midfielder and striker required. Consolidation and see how good PT is, which I honestly don't know. I'm sure you have a better idea.
You want my honest opinion?

He inherited a strong squad here and took them up. His tactics verged on sven like negativity. Nick a goal and all hands to the pump to defend it. Play-offs maybe but it won't be pretty.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Scott Flinders - England U-20 from Barnsley, not yet 100% but likely. Kiraly has asked for a move but no one seems to want him. Quite surprising really.

Butterfield is injury prone but Granville was a revelation in the Prem.

PT can't be worse than the hoofball we played under that Charlton mug last year.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Perry Milkins said:

He inherited a strong squad here and took them up. His tactics verged on sven like negativity. Nick a goal and all hands to the pump to defend it. Play-offs maybe but it won't be pretty.

Tactics to suit the players he had, he did a 'kin good job here even if he is Palace scum.

and he had more plan B's in any one game you care to mention than Sven had in 4 years :p

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Perry Milkins said:

The squad that he inherited wasn't that strong. He inherited a decent team but not squad. And whilst his tactics did seem excessively negative at the time, they clearly worked as he took us from a play-off position to winning the league by 6 points. I think he did a fine job for us. Whether he'll do the same at Palace is another question as he doesn't seem to have a particularly great record in the transfer market.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Perry Milkins said:

Spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here