Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Taylor; Signing away a promotion place.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
paulie said:
After he's signed a rated young goalie, a classy centre half and a left winger with a great delivery.

He's doing fine - I'd worry more about your clueless sweatie and his push for Div 2.

No thanks. We want to discuss Taylor and his push to spend the dosh. Bouncebackability on the wane right now.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Withdean Wanderer said:
I think there is little to be laughed at, given that our only signing to date has been a Braintree centre forward.

I'd happily have Scowcroft up front for us.

Shut up bitch we're abusing Palace here.

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
paulie said:
After he's signed a rated young goalie, a classy centre half and a left winger with a great delivery.

He's doing fine - I'd worry more about your clueless sweatie and his push for Div 2.

Who were they? Sorry I dont keep up to date with transfer with other clubs.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Fragmented Badger said:
Leon Cort from Hull is the centre back, but I don't remember what left winger they have signed.

Isn't it Mark Kennedy:lolol: Leon Cort classy centre half:lolol: Keep em coming Paulie.

Last edited:

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
I think Kennedy is a decent signing - we've not had a good left-sided player since Julian Gray left.

Remind me again how McGoo has bolstered the superb Brighton side that managed to finish rock bottom of the Champ by some distance?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
paulie said:
I think Kennedy is a decent signing - we've not had a good left-sided player since Julian Gray left.

Remind me again how McGoo has bolstered the superb Brighton side that managed to finish rock bottom of the Champ by some distance?

Work in progress Paulie. We didn't underachieve. You did! :p

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
paulie said:

This is not about us it is about bouncebackability, an orange tan and loads of money to squander.

Under achieve did we?

Oct 25, 2003
Fragmented Badger said:
Might as well throw my opinion on Palace in:

1) Kennedy is a good short-term signing, and better than Reich.

2) Cort is a fairly decent Championship player, and easily as good as anything currently in the Palace defence.

3) Scowcroft is a useful squad player. I know he doesn't score loads of goals, but I think he has his strengths.

What Palace really need to do is sign a top striker to properly replace Johnson (Nugent would be CLASS - better than AJ IMHO), and show they are serious about going up. On balance, another 2-3 top signings and, as much as I hate to say it, I could see them doing well. At the moment, they lack the goals and overall defensive stability to do anything other than be average, but on the other hand they aren't a million miles away.....

basically they need turienzo

my blood would BOIL if that happened, it would be worse than figo switching barcelona for real madrid

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Fragmented Badger said:
Might as well throw my opinion on Palace in:

1) Kennedy is a good short-term signing, and better than Reich.

2) Cort is a fairly decent Championship player, and easily as good as anything currently in the Palace defence.

3) Scowcroft is a useful squad player. I know he doesn't score loads of goals, but I think he has his strengths.

What Palace really need to do is sign a top striker to properly replace Johnson (Nugent would be CLASS - better than AJ IMHO), and show they are serious about going up. On balance, another 2-3 top signings and, as much as I hate to say it, I could see them doing well. At the moment, they lack the goals and overall defensive stability to do anything other than be average, but on the other hand they aren't a million miles away.....

All about spot on. A starting line up of:

Flinders
Butterfield:Ward:Cort:Granville
Kennedy:Watson:Soares (or Hughes):McAnuff
Morrison:Another.

Should be top 10 but won't seriously challenge. Another fullback, centre midfielder and striker required. Consolidation and see how good PT is, which I honestly don't know. I'm sure you have a better idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here