Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Taylor sacked!!!!!!!!!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
This might seem rather difficult to believe but, incredibly, Simon Jordan comes across as a bit of prick, in the light of all this, from JUNE:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crystal_palace/6727387.stm

Jordan happy to stick with Taylor
By Chris Charles

Jordan wants promotion next season
Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan believes he made the right decision to keep faith with manager Peter Taylor.
Taylor came under fire after a run of poor results in the first half of the season left Palace hovering dangerously above the relegation zone.

Jordan told BBC Sport: "We had a bad trot and some people wondered if Peter was going to stay at the club.

"But if you believe in someone you should give them enough opportunities to do the right thing."
Palace were most people's favourites to return to the Premiership, two seasons after being relegated, and Taylor made the perfect start to his reign with three successive victories.

But a dreadful run which saw them lose seven games out of eight, led to calls for his head from some fans.

The chairman decided to stick with Taylor and was rewarded with a return to form which eventually saw the Eagles finish in 12th place, 10 points adrift of the play-offs.

Jordan admitted: "I thought with Peter he'd maybe take a little longer than had been anticipated - which was getting us back up straight away - and hopefully he will succeed next time around.

"At the end of the season we played a lot of good games. It was not necessarily the most important time to show form like that, when you're basically playing for nothing, but we showed we had a team that can play.

The target for next season is undoubtedly winning promotion back to the Premiership

Simon Jordan

"The most important thing was to get a bit of consistency and by the end of the season we seemed to be doing that."

In the last few weeks, Taylor has lost Jobi McAnuff to Watford and released four players, but Jordan hinted there would not be many new faces arriving at Selhurst Park over the summer.

He said: "It's more a question of who goes rather than who comes in, although I know Peter thinks he needs a quick one up front.

"The target for next season is undoubtedly winning promotion back to the Premiership and we're not far away from where we need to be.

"I like the way the team played at the end of the season and I can see there's something coming together."

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Tony would do a better job than Micky

The Tony Adams who played Adam Chance in Crossroads would do a better job than either

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I get the impression that Warnock is a dyed in the wool northerner. Would he want to manage a London based club? I doubt Orangeface would give him the kind of money he likes to spend anyway.

It's a shame Agent McGhee isn't available. He has a proven track record of getting clubs out of the Championship.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
This is indeed wonderful news.

A year after giving Beckham the captain's armband, Peter Taylor was in the Albion dressing room to provide the motivational teamtalk before the first ever REMF game at Southwick.

With all due respect to Dave The Gaffer, I think there's some unfinished business there for Taylor.

I might even consider coming out of retirement if he takes the job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here