Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Crouch an England player?

Peter Crouch worth of playing for England?

• No

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • No

Votes: 30 42.3%
  • Only if his brother Del Boy can play too

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 17 23.9%

• Total voters

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I thought he was good - in the context of what the team as a whole did.

In the absence of wide players, why not play this team:

Robinson

Neville Terry Ferdinand A.Cole

Beckham Gerrard Lampard

Rooney

Crouch Owen

What would have been the use of playing Owen on his own up front with no big guy to support him anyway? 'Specially with no Beckham in the side.

I'd keep Crouch as a squad player. He did ok yesterday, first touch let him down but I lost count of the amount of flick ons of his Michael Owen latched onto. Face it he's GUARENTEED to win you balls in the air.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
What would have been the use of playing Owen on his own up front with no big guy to support him anyway? 'Specially with no Beckham in the side.

I'd keep Crouch as a squad player. He did ok yesterday, first touch let him down but I lost count of the amount of flick ons of his Michael Owen latched onto. Face it he's GUARENTEED to win you balls in the air.

i totally agree danny, u need different types of strikers in the squad....

and crouch is a very good striker and his style of play.....

when beckham and crouch get an understanding the partnership could prove quite leathal....

i say deffo take him to germany without a shadow of a doubt.....

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
I'd have him in the squad. He offers something different to the other strikers we have available who tend to be quick but small. He's potentially a huge threat from set-pieces and crosses (as long as we get them in the right areas) and would scare the shit out of a few centre halves next summer.

Obviously when Rooney and Owen are fit he wouldn't start but he's well worth having on the bench.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
KinkyGoebels said:
Id have Heskey ahead of him

its not such a joke of a shout....

heskey or crouch one of them has to go for the variety....

just personally id take crouch....

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
KinkyGoebels said:
Mah - Heskey has the pace to scare people - Crouch Is just lacking something in my view

its a fair shout....

either way one of them has to go to germany....

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
by the same token i dont understand how defoe is in - he does nothing whenever he plays. the samw with wright phillips, he was totally inept against northern ireland, god help us if he plays on wednesday

crouch would have had a goal had beckham not taken it off his foot. ok, so he is no wayne rooney, but does give a different dimension to the game from the bench. "oh look, our front 2 our ineffective in this game. lets through on defoe or bent, who are exactly the same, asthat will obviously change it"

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Scotty M said:
by the same token i dont understand how defoe is in - he does nothing whenever he plays. the samw with wright phillips, he was totally inept against northern ireland, god help us if he plays on wednesday

crouch would have had a goal had beckham not taken it off his foot. ok, so he is no wayne rooney, but does give a different dimension to the game from the bench. "oh look, our front 2 our ineffective in this game. lets through on defoe or bent, who are exactly the same, asthat will obviously change it"

Defoe has only strarted, what 3 times?

Oct 25, 2003
KinkyGoebels said:

so why should he be in the england team?

disagree with you scott about swp against northern ireland- one of very few players who caused them any problems whatsoever- we went downhill when he went off

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
KinkyGoebels said:
Mah - Heskey has the pace to scare people - Crouch Is just lacking something in my view
Heskey is quicker and stronger than Crouch.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
KinkyGoebels said:
As he comes on for about 10 mins a game

theres no getting away from it defoe is a very good player....

i think it will be out of him and bent for the final striker spot to go with the squad to germany....

wth rooney,crouch and owen being my other 3 certain travellers...

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Silent Bob said:
Heskey is quicker and stronger than Crouch.

agree with that but crouch is alot better with his feet....

a much better finisher if needed...

allround as the big target man i feel crouch is better suited....

pace isnt essential when hes playing up top with either rooney or owen...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
KinkyGoebels said:

and you are making judgements on crouch after 1!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
tommy boy said:
disagree with you scott about swp against northern ireland- one of very few players who caused them any problems whatsoever- we went downhill when he went off

thought he lost the ball too much and did very little - we are certainly a lot better with cole and beckham wide

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here