Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Crouch an England player?

Peter Crouch worth of playing for England?

• No

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • No

Votes: 30 42.3%
  • Only if his brother Del Boy can play too

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 17 23.9%

• Total voters

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
I'd play Crouch against any Scandinavian team & physical European side inc. Germany.

When the likes of Portugal, Italy, Spain, France et al plus the Brazil's, Argie's et al are drawn V us then we drop him like a fart.

He is a 6'7" donkey, after all.

Sorry.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hannibal smith said:
1-0 down, last 10 mins against a team with small mobile defenders. Its not a bad thing is it? He will be an option - I agree if he was 1st choice on a regular basis then we would be fcuked. But Crouch off the bench when 'Alomo' time comes - I could think of worse - Heskey for a start.
But what I'm saying is that if we've reached the stage when we're looking towards the likes of Crouch to save a game, then frankly we're already beyond salvation.

He induces one thing - the aimless hoof, and the vague hope of chaos from one of his knockdowns. If we seriously fancy ourselves to do anything next summer, by christ we've got to do better than that.

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Headed straight at the keeper from 6 yards when he should have scored and won a few flick ons (which should be taken for granted at 6'7). Might be ok for a bottom end premiership side but not for England. My problem's not with him, he shouldn't have been on the pitch.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Easy 10 said:
But what I'm saying is that if we've reached the stage when we're looking towards the likes of Crouch to save a game, then frankly we're already beyond salvation.

He induces one thing - the aimless hoof, and the vague hope of chaos from one of his knockdowns. If we seriously fancy ourselves to do anything next summer, by christ we've got to do better than that.

I don't diasagree but..

Spanish resort to giving up, Germans resort to doing something about it, Italians light a fag, Dutch fall out with each other - The English we LUMP IT forward.

That's what makes international football so great - the reactions of each different nation and they are the same very time they play. Its also why Crouch should go. You know, I know the World knows we are at some point going to be behind and Lump it forward even if I'm, you, Sven or Jose Mourinho is manager.

Its cos were English guvner.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OK, I submit. You've somehow persuaded me with your eloquence Hannibal.

Crouch is on the plane. :)

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Someone gets paid over £4,000,000 a year to come up with alternatives. Nice work if you can get it.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
At international level you just simply use the long ball,or hoof it into the box,it is to easy to defend,if anything i thought his strenght would be at a near post corner flick on?:albion:

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
He is hopeless and is only in the squad because of his height and because he now plays for a big club. Why not bring in Darren Bent...and Danny Murphy as well.

Stumpy Tim

Withnail said:
What I'm implying is that Rooney is capable of getting 20 goals a season, along with Defoe & Owen for Silent Bob. Even Bent is capable of getting 20 goals. Crouch will not get even close to that.

16 is close to 20 isn't it? That's what he got in the second half of last season. It's funny - on one hand people are saying he's only had one good half of a season in the Premiership & that's not enough, and then on the hand people are saying we should pick Bent. What's the difference?

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Stumpy Tim said:
It's funny - on one hand people are saying he's only had one good half of a season in the Premiership & that's not enough, and then on the hand people are saying we should pick Bent. What's the difference?

Because we've all seen what Crouch can do and it isn't anything special. So the England management should explore other options and see if there is anything better, Bent being the main candidate. Whether or not he would be good enough, we won't know, but at least give him a chance.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Hannibal smith said:
Poor old Peter Crouch. Has a half decent game and the world against him.

Crouch isn't a worldbeater. He is a good premiership player and will do a job for Liverpool in the Champions league this season. Granted, I wouldn't really want him in the team if Rooney and Owen were suspended in a World Cup quarter final against Brazil but today he

(1) Through ball to Young who should have done better
(2) through ball to Owem 1 on 1 : Owen got tackled
(3) Won lots of flick ons
(4) Set up Lampard in the last 5 minutes
(5) Won a flick on from a corner - Owen header goalwards got blocked

Thats five things more than I remember Gerrard doing. Young was toilet. Couldn't trap a ball in the 1st half. Why do we pick on Crouch so much? If he was 6ft rather than 6ft 7 no-one would mind so much.

P.S Can't wait to go to Germany.

Good post but you're not allowed to be reasonable on Nsc.

The mob have decided.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I agree Trigger. :lolol:
I have always said that Heskey and Owen work well together.
The whole is greater than the sum of the two parts.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
junior said:
He's f***ing wank.But we all knew that anyway.

It seems all you have to do to get in the England squad these day's is to be english and have a few half-decent games in the premiership.

It's hardly surprising when there are so many foreign players in the Premiership. Home grown talent barely gets a look in. I'd like to see all premiership clubs limited to fielding no more than 2 foreign nationals on the pitch. That would give a lot of clubs something to think about.

:wave:

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Strike said:
Peter Crouch is a legend, he will do a job for Liverpool, and deserves his place in the England team unlike some prima donnas in the squad.

How exacly is he a legend? How exactly has he deserved his place in the England team? He's absolute pony.

And who's changed my poll? :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here