Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pete Doherty arrested

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Controversial rock star Pete Doherty remains in police custody following his arrest on suspicion of assault and theft.

The former Libertines singer and boyfriend of supermodel Kate Moss is being held at a north London police station after an alleged incident at a hotel in Islington.

Documentary maker Max Carlish alleges he was attacked by Doherty at the hotel.

Mr Carlish, 38, who filmed a documentary about the singer's new band, Babyshambles, said he needed hospital treatment for two black eyes and a broken nose.

According to newspaper reports, Doherty allegedly accused him of selling pictures apparently showing the rock star smoking heroin to newspapers. Mr Carlish told the Daily Mirror: "I was in a hotel with Pete and everything was going fine until he started demanding loads of cash.

"He wanted thousands and I knew he was going to go out and spend it on heroin.

"He was desperate for a fix. I said no and he went berserk, punching me. There was nothing I could do... he was going mad.''

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "Police were called to a hotel in Peters Lane, London EC1, at 6.20pm yesterday following a report of a man being assaulted.

"A 25-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and theft.

"He was taken to a north London police station and remains in custody.''

The spokesman added that a man in his 30s was taken to University College Hospital with minor facial injuries, but was understood to have been discharged.

Messages on the fans' forum of his ex-band's Web site said people were left bemused when a concert in London by Doherty's band was cancelled last night.

Doherty, 25, was kicked out of The Libertines after failing to curb his drug problems, after which he set up Babyshambles.

The self-confessed crack cocaine addict has claimed to have spent £1,000 a day in the past to feed his habit.

He was jailed for six months for burgling the house of Libertines bandmate Carl Barat in 2003, and in September last year he received a four-month suspended sentence for possession of a flick knife.

In a interview with Daily Mirror published today, he spoke of his plans to go into a drug rehabilitation centre in Ealing, west London, on Monday.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Splatted across the front pages for his heroin addiction, and now this..

Why is Kate Moss still with him? :eek:

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
the only bit the mirror left out is that it was this bloke who flogged them photos of peter shooting up for their sunday paper last week... and was paid VERY well for them.

the mirror is scum. the photo of peter on the front a couple of days ago saying how 'awful' he looked, was taken as he came off stage at a gig, where he looked incredibly well. the place was FULL of filthy papparazi... they took literally THOUSANDS of photos of him just to get that one of him looking a wee bit dishevelled.

f***ing tabloid scum.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
That was what I thought Peter.

I guess if you took photos constantly all the way through a gig even Cliff Richard would look a bit dishevelled in at least one them.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Richie Morris said:
"He wanted thousands and I knew he was going to go out and spend it on heroin.

"He was desperate for a fix. I said no and he went berserk, punching me. There was nothing I could do... he was going mad.''

Funny how that quote is EXACTLY what the tabloids would say if they could write it themselves. Or, gosh, do you think they might have made it up on the photgrapher's behalf? Surely not?!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
From another board....

"The sooner he goes the sooner we can get the NME special, the South Bank Special, the Later with Jools Holland special, a few radio shows with Andy Kershaw and lastly - but by no means least - the three minutes silence in Liverpool over with."

:lolol:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Wozza said:
From another board....

"The sooner he goes the sooner we can get the NME special, the South Bank Special, the Later with Jools Holland special, a few radio shows with Andy Kershaw and lastly - but by no means least - the three minutes silence in Liverpool over with."

BRILLIANT!

Thought the thousands of mourning teenage indie kids who swallow whatever the NME tells them might be a bit harder to handle.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Still, look on the bright side, at least the NME got the Obituary Issue photoshoot in the can at Xmas eh? Should sell a few thousand teeshirts.

I just think it's crap that what will more than likely turn out to be the last few months of Pete Doherty's life are being reduced to a shitty tabloid sideshow. There just seems to be nobody there to at least help pull the poor lad back from the brink.

It's just very sad.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
What made me laugh is that everyone who knows about Pete Doherty knew he was a smackhead and anyone who didn't probably doesn't care.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Incorrect. Doherty has had help, he has just refused it or walked away from it. At the end of the day he has a brain and he has will power of his own that he can use to challenge his addiction. If he wants to hang around with an entourage that actively encourages his addiction that is his affair. I don't go for this bullshit that he is being led astray or it is a cry for help. Hed is an adult he has made his decision to lead his life in a certain way and therefore he must take the consequences. This is the problem with society today, nobody is willing to take the consequences it always has to be somebody elses fault.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Theatre of Trees said:
Incorrect. Doherty has had help, he has just refused it or walked away from it. At the end of the day he has a brain and he has will power of his own that he can use to challenge his addiction. If he wants to hang around with an entourage that actively encourages his addiction that is his affair. I don't go for this bullshit that he is being led astray or it is a cry for help. Hed is an adult he has made his decision to lead his life in a certain way and therefore he must take the consequences. This is the problem with society today, nobody is willing to take the consequences it always has to be somebody elses fault.

ooo

spot on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here