Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pervis Estupiñán - SIGNED - 5 YEAR CONTRACT

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I'd be surprised if they could. I think that they have already beaten Fulham's £100m spend in 2018/19 and are chasing Villa's £140m record for the most money ever spent by a promoted side. The City Ground's capacity is no greater than ours and only three quarters of Villa's. Their transfer balance for this summer is -£102.2m. Ours, across the eleven transfer windows since we were promoted, is -£105.6m. If they buy Maups off us, they will have spent more money on transfer dealings in one window than we have in our entire time in the EPL. The spending has to stop somewhere.

We've spent way more than £100million since promotion. Our net spend may be -£105.6m since we've sold big over the last couple of transfer windows (I've not checked exact figures) but before that our net spend would have looked horrendous.

You can't compare our current net spend after 5 PL season and some big sales with a club who've just been promoted and have to try and build a new squad to stay in the PL. That said their spend over this window is getting on for matching what we spent across our first two full seasons in the PL.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'd be surprised if they could. I think that they have already beaten Fulham's £100m spend in 2018/19 and are chasing Villa's £140m record for the most money ever spent by a promoted side. The City Ground's capacity is no greater than ours and only three quarters of Villa's. Their transfer balance for this summer is -£102.2m. Ours, across the eleven transfer windows since we were promoted, is -£105.6m. If they buy Maups off us, they will have spent more money on transfer dealings in one window than we have in our entire time in the EPL. The spending has to stop somewhere.
That's one way to look at it.

The other, more likely scenario is that the fat Greek owner is a nutter who will just keep on spending.

What I'm unsure about is how this is covered by financial fair play ?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

The other, more likely scenario is that the fat Greek owner is a nutter who will just keep on spending.

forest supporting friend suggested they had a lot of loanees last season

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think WOW covers it.

TB is obviously a cheapskate, we could be PL winners if he’d splashed that sort of cash every season…..or in League 2 after he went bust

Well he did splash the cash - not far off the same really if you add up the outlay across our first three seasons in the Prem - building a squad with tens of millions spent on Biss, Propper, AliRez, Locadia, Izquierdo, Bernardo, Alexis, Webster, Maupay and Trossard. (and dozens of others)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well he did splash the cash - not far off the same really if you add up the outlay across our first three seasons in the Prem - building a squad with tens of millions spent on Biss, Propper, AliRez, Locadia, Izquierdo, Bernardo, Alexis, Webster, Maupay and Trossard. (and dozens of others)

It was an admittedly weak jest

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

The thing with FFP is that if they break it, the main penalty appears to just be fines or transfer embargos. Any fines levied can be paid by the directors of the club so effectively don't hit the club itself that hard. Bournemouth were a case in point when they first got promoted to the Prem in the season 2015/16. A £7.6m was fine levied but they were still allowed into the Prem where they stayed for 4 years. The fine was just paid for by the owners and not the club.

Maybe the Forest owner just feels that if they cop a fine, he'll just pay it himself?

Unless FFP hits clubs with points deductions I can see this continuing long into the future.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The thing with FFP is that if they break it, the main penalty appears to just be fines or transfer embargos. Any fines levied can be paid by the directors of the club so effectively don't hit the club itself that hard. Bournemouth were a case in point when they first got promoted to the Prem in the season 2015/16. A £7.6m was fine levied but they were still allowed into the Prem where they stayed for 4 years. The fine was just paid for by the owners and not the club.

Maybe the Forest owner just feels that if they cop a fine, he'll just pay it himself?

Unless FFP hits clubs with points deductions I can see this continuing long into the future.

I like the Spanish interpretation much better, once you’ve exceeded the limit you can’t register players until you’ve sold some to balance things. Even mighty Barcelona couldn’t it seems

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
To sign a player who a) is better on paper than Cucu was when we signed him and b) sign him for little more than his pretty big club signed him for, after champions league experience, is staggering. And without DA.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I’ll see your 142k followers and raise you 856k followers…announcement tonight?

[tweet]1559234008289988608[/tweet]

Love the comment under the second tweet...

‘Brighton queda campeón de la premier league lo firmo.’

‘Brighton is champion of the premier league I sign it’. :lolol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Could this be done and announced tonight ?

We've had announcements after 10pm before...

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
7am tomorrow, under the radar!

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
He is apparently super fast & loves a tackle. Doubt it could be announced that soon , he hasn’t even had a medical yet !

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Really hope this one gets over the line. A huge gap in our squad IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here