Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pervis Estupiñán - SIGNED - 5 YEAR CONTRACT

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Got to love Google translate

Spaniards, and other Spanish speakers no doubt, are often surprised we don't use the word crack in this way. I'm not sure how it came about but they use the English word "crack" to mean someone who is really good at something. In English it is used to mean excellent in phrases such as crack shot but in Spain it's much more widespread. If a Spaniard ever tells you that you're a crack, take it as a compliment :)

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I thought you couldn’t discuss / agree personal terms before a fee agreed ? Or so everyone told me recently

You can if the selling club agree to it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Bit like letting Cucurella fly off on Boehly private jet to Mykonos 4 days before a fee was agreed I guess !

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Bit like letting Cucurella fly off on Boehly private jet to Mykonos 4 days before a fee was agreed I guess !

Yeah. We can assume negotiations with Chelsea were ongoing, and the club let him go. Bit of a trip with a calf injury though! :lol:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The day my brother explained what it means to my Mum (after she'd used the term in conversation) was the day I saw my brother get fully clattered. She was furious and wouldn't let him back in the house for quite some time.

She never used the term again though.

paul-starkey-berk-0007-layer-1.jpg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Yup, and it is pretty much the standard these days when fees are high and negotiations complex. No club wants to waste a week or two of negotiating just to find out in the end that the buying club couldnt find an agreement with the player.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Chile - :thumbsup:

It's just as well the Copa America is played during the summer and not during the season like AFCON or we would be seriously stretched in 2024!

We've surely got to be adding a Brazilian again at some point?! And maybe sign Taricco back on as a player again to cover the Uruguayan angle!

Tanno isn't Uruguayan - he's Argentine (with an Italian passport).

You need Diego Arismendi!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
No I said forest could offer more money than us

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I'd be surprised if they could. I think that they have already beaten Fulham's £100m spend in 2018/19 and are chasing Villa's £140m record for the most money ever spent by a promoted side. The City Ground's capacity is no greater than ours and only three quarters of Villa's. Their transfer balance for this summer is -£102.2m. Ours, across the eleven transfer windows since we were promoted, is -£105.6m. If they buy Maups off us, they will have spent more money on transfer dealings in one window than we have in our entire time in the EPL. The spending has to stop somewhere.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd be surprised if they could. I think that they have already beaten Fulham's £100m spend in 2018/19 and are chasing Villa's £140m record for the most money ever spent by a promoted side. The City Ground's capacity is no greater than ours and only three quarters of Villa's. Their transfer balance for this summer is -£102.2m. Ours, across the eleven transfer windows since we were promoted, is -£105.6m. If they buy Maups off us, they will have spent more money on transfer dealings in one window than we have in our entire time in the EPL. The spending has to stop somewhere.

I think WOW covers it.

TB is obviously a cheapskate, we could be PL winners if he’d splashed that sort of cash every season…..or in League 2 after he went bust

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here