Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Perry Digweed £150k...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The weirdest thing I recall about THAT injury against West Brom was that, from my vantage point at the south end of the west stand, how he tried to carry on playing afterwards. Because I seem to remember that the game restarted, during which time he pulled the front of his shorts forward to have a peek and immediately started signaling to the bench that he had to come off. What nightmarish sights can he possibly have seen? Any man's worst nightmare, worse than marrying that Spanish noblewoman/prune of a certain age.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
You said Casper is far superior than Digweed.

I admit Digweed was our second choice keeper for most of his time with us for a reason. However when he was our number one in the play off season and most fans thought he was our player of the season how can you make this comment?

Will Casper win player of the season this year? Unlikely.

Your comment is a classic example of somebody with blind faith in our current number one. I don't want to have another pop at Casper because I appreciate the job he did in getting us up last season, but I do believe that League 1 is his level these days. Digweed helped take us to the play-off final in the level we are currently at.

Appearances can be deceptive and I don't have blind faith in our current number one. However my point was more Digweed directed than Casper. In my opinion, Digweed was a dodgy keeper and I was genuinely worried with every attack in his direction, even in his best season when I felt his form was temporary & driven by a strong defence. Like it or not, DumDum, I was in the South stand and he frequently dived over the ball or parried rather than caught.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here