Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Perry Digweed £150k...

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Yep, he had moments of flappiness but I can't think of many who were braver than him. Which was surprising, cos he didn't look like a big tough keeper at all.

Jul 20, 2003
according to a woman I used to know there was a good reason why he didn't wear shorts, even long shorts

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
he had this trick of having the ball in his hands or getting ready for a goal kick - as a fan you were looking upfield for where the kick was going to go, the next thing you knew the ball was in his net. This occurred twice and i still don't know what actually happened.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
My favourite moment has to be the penalty save aginst Ipswich last game of the season. Same one when wilko scored his last gasp free kick to get us in the play-offs. When he saved the pen, Digweed ran to the edge of the box and ran up and down the edge of it blowing into his fists. Someone ran on and gave him a pat on the back I think as well. I'm sure that was the season he won player of the year which was no mean feat considering Small, Byrne and others were on fire too.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
he had this trick of having the ball in his hands or getting ready for a goal kick - as a fan you were looking upfield for where the kick was going to go, the next thing you knew the ball was in his net. This occurred twice and i still don't know what actually happened.

Didn't he actually throw it into his own net once? Or am I mixing him up with someone else.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The amount of times Digweed failed to hold the ball and just parry it to the onrushing centre forward is truly amazing.

Dont believe me? Watch the 90-91 season...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Seriously? I was down that way the other day helping a friend choose some tables. I'll have to look harder next time.

I seem to recall that he starred in the new version of Mean Machine.

His uncle (an ex-work mate) said to me he is now a very successful antique dealer on the Fulham Rd. Afraid I know very little more.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
But boy did he pay for it personally !!!!! It makes me cringe even now after all these years.

I was down the front of the West, where you could tuck yourself under those two horizontal bars. Seeing him go past with blood all over his shorts, is a memory that will live with me forever.

Perry Peebag was indeed a gutsy player. The injury to his mouth in that crucial win at Selhurst was also an heroic effort.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Oops! I think that might have been Mark Beeney.

Just ignore me, I've had too much sun.

Indeed it was. Just to show how much brown stuff we were in at the time, Beeney was allowed to be sold after the transfer deadline.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He saved the club, indirectly.

When he was sold the money was used to pay an overdue VAT bill. Without his sale we almost certainly would have gone bust.

The money we would have got for Digweed would not have covered the paper bill, let alone the tax bill.....As others have already said, that was Beeney.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Average keeper with a low number of appearances given his time at the club. Never moved from London.

Only a loyal servant due to the ridiculous contracts we were handing out then that no one else could afford his wages.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

You said Casper is far superior than Digweed.

I admit Digweed was our second choice keeper for most of his time with us for a reason. However when he was our number one in the play off season and most fans thought he was our player of the season how can you make this comment?

Will Casper win player of the season this year? Unlikely.

Your comment is a classic example of somebody with blind faith in our current number one. I don't want to have another pop at Casper because I appreciate the job he did in getting us up last season, but I do believe that League 1 is his level these days. Digweed helped take us to the play-off final in the level we are currently at.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Does anybody else remember the News Of The World Article about Digweed? A suprise to see an Albion player's sex life getting so much attention in the national press.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Perry did a great job for us. Had more than his fair share of injuries and indeed I think played or was called up to England U21s whilst with us.

Took a horrendous blow to the face just after his debut against Palace, where had dissolvable stitches to pull the flesh together and then more on top, obviously this is always overshadowed by the incident against WBA. Very brave.

Fantastic penalty save against Ipswich, but arguably never dominated the box particularly well. Seems to be an ongoing problem, John Keeley, Eric Steele, Kuipers, Casper......

I would take Perry over Casper every time, but then I prefer natural goalkeepers, rather than those who can kick first and 'keep' second.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here