Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Perry Digweed £150k...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
With all the stick Casper seems to be getting atm. It got me thinking about Perry Digweed. If my memory serves me right, Im sure we paid Fulham £150k for him in 1981 when he had barely played a dozen or so games..What would that be in todays money...£4million???...Seem to remember he was a real flapper, bit like Casper, but Perry's reflex's were right up there with the best...Other people's memories and view's on Diggers?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
But boy did he pay for it personally !!!!! It makes me cringe even now after all these years.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
179 apps over 12 seasons...God he spent some time in the stiffs, didn't he?....He was good value for money when he did play, either totally outstanding or totally shocking lol....I'm sure he won player of the year once..or that could be wrong?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I think he did win Player of the Year and I'm sure it was the season he got that awful injury against Forest.

Ooh, it makes me wince every time I think of it.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think he did win Player of the Year and I'm sure it was the season he got that awful injury against Forest.

Ooh, it makes me wince every time I think of it.

Not half,,,it one of those cross your legs moments and thank your lucky stars. How many pints of blood did he loss. Was at that game as well, glad it happened down the south end lol.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I remember all the gags about someone catching a testicle in the south stand, but what was the actual injury?

I remember it well - was at that game (midweek or is my memory playing tricks?). I think it was caused by a suicidal Gatting back pass which he had to dive at feet to stop, not sure if there as any malicious intent on the part of the player who caused the injury.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Digweed had a talent for salmon leaps over the ball as it flew in the net. Also he was a puncher rather than a catcher. For me, he was another heart in mouth goalie and Casper is far superior.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
To this day can still see a big White beach towel being patted onto the pitch before the restart, in 30 seconds the whole thing was scarlet there was so much soaked up off the pitch

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
North side or South side, I was by the tunnel on the north side
I was South side of the tunnel, as usual.
Nasty nasty stuff.

What's PD up to now, I seem to remember he was coaching at Chelsea.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I was South side of the tunnel, as usual.
Nasty nasty stuff.

What's PD up to now, I seem to remember he was coaching at Chelsea.

Been an antiques dealer on Fulham Rd for years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here