Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pep, Klopp, Tuchel, Conte stop whinging about festive matches

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He’s had a shocker there, he’ll be disappointed with that when he sees the replay…….the classless, clueless, bitter, sourfaced wankpuffin.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I'm doing a whip round for poor old Tom, he's in need of a few quid to bolster his subs bench.

Havertz 71 million
Kante 32 million
Barkley 15 million
Arrizabalaga 72 million
Alonso 24 million
Ziyech 40 million

The whole squad market value is 809 million so we really do need to all chip in #together

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Great comment on the Guardian board:

Tuchel like a teenager who’s had too much Red Bull.
Potter like one of the great 19th century Russian novelists

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Tbf, I don't think any of them other names mentioned by the OP would be quiet as classless as Tuchel was tonight. Certainly Pep and Klopp have praised our performances before, and I believe would have had the good grace to do so tonight had they been on the end of it.

That post match interview from Tuchel was embarrassing. Mind you, it fitted in really well with the overall coverage of the game and punditry, which was equally embarrassing.

Disagree with that. Townsend, in spite of his bizarre MoTM choice, was full of praise for Biss, which made his decision all the more baffling.

And a lot of the time during the game, the talked up how we were playing and some individual performances.

Post-match, they spent loads of time talking up Brighton, before moving onto Chelsea – and also got GPott to join them (the chat between the two GPs was a bit strange to me –*almost like there was some tension (probably was)).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He’s had a shocker there, he’ll be disappointed with that when he sees the replay…….the classless, clueless, bitter, sourfaced wankpuffin.

It wasn't *even* for Andy Townsend (Clive) :eek:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Listening o Tuchel moaning about having no players last night because of Covid & injuries then looked at the Chelsea

1Arrizabalaga
3Alonso
7Kanté
14Chalobah
17Saúl
18Barkley
22Ziyech
29Havertz
31Sarr

Cost more than our entire squad twice over.

Stopped listening

Last edited:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
And he forgot to mention that Rudiger was extremely lucky to stay on the pitch after his assault on Lamptey. Maybe that just slipped his mind.

Tuchel came across as a Grade A prat last night. What a tit.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
When Tuchel was first appointed, I thought he was going to be entertaining.
But in the event, as Chelsea were doing well, he behaved himself.

Until last night. Toys were chucked straight out of the pram.
I'm confident that he is going to be box office. Keep an eye on him.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
They’re right though, it’s ridiculous.

The game is on a totally different planet to where it was 40 years ago, it’s totally pointless comparing the era’s.

Indeed. It's utterly stupid cramming in these festive matches when you've got sports scientists, replica match pitches at the training ground, better diet, well paid teams of physios, a dedicated professional level tournament for Premier League U23 teams, ice baths, proper warm downs and the players can all go home and relax in their matching pajamas with a nice kale salad.

I say the top six should get two weeks off at Christmas just in case one of the overpaid benchwarmers tweaks a hair getting off the bench to do a jog. The other 14 can fill in and entertain the peasants.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Mrs Poppett saw Tuchel on the TV last night and said, “Who’s that? He looks a nasty piece of work?”

He was totally classless and should be for the sack, he is not very good. Last year, he got lucky on the back of Frank Lampard’s excellent work with the youngsters during the transfer ban but he has just sent them all away and is trying to buy the title the Mourinho way but without the charisma

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
It’s kind of satisfying reading that, we obviously got to him so much he had to come out raging crying his salty little tears and complain about pretty much everything haha!

I imagine he would have been so wound up he’d have been pacing the house at 4 this morning still enraged that lowly little Brighton delivered such a huge injustice to this way superior and deserving team.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Mrs Poppett saw Tuchel on the TV last night and said, “Who’s that? He looks a nasty piece of work?”

He was totally classless and should be for the sack, he is not very good. Last year, he got lucky on the back of Frank Lampard’s excellent work with the youngsters during the transfer ban but he has just sent them all away and is trying to buy the title the Mourinho way but without the charisma

£250,000,000+ worth of players on the bench alone but it’s not enough to compete.

Saw the usual comments about Potter being over-rated because he hasn’t “delivered” with a whole squad costing half that.

Contrast and compare.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We do seem to be picking up a rather nasty habit of upsetting some of the greatest managers the game has ever seen.

I'm sure it's not intentional :laugh:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I thought it was quite telling that even the Amazon pundits looked confused at the 100% Penalty claim, they werent even sure what incident he was referring too

Townsend, despite the unfathomable MOM award, was spot on in the post match punditry- gave zero credence to Tuchels whinging

Its been very noticeable that the biggest whingers have been the "big" clubs with benches costing more than most clubs entire squads, and that the commentary from the media almost ignores the smaller clubs more impactful injury lists
The fact that we had 9 or 10 players who had played prem games this season out for the Wolves game barely got a mention, Leeds had a 15 yr old on the bench, the list is endless,

What kind of trust do these managers have in their squads worth hundreds ands hundreds of millions£ and what kind of message is that sending to them

Even yesterday we had a vastly depleted defence, and yet not once have I heard Potter say anything about it, just heaps of praise for the players and squad that are available

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Disagree with that. Townsend, in spite of his bizarre MoTM choice, was full of praise for Biss, which made his decision all the more baffling.

And a lot of the time during the game, the talked up how we were playing and some individual performances.

Post-match, they spent loads of time talking up Brighton, before moving onto Chelsea – and also got GPott to join them (the chat between the two GPs was a bit strange to me –*almost like there was some tension (probably was)).

I disagree, except for the bit about having GP on first post match (although possibly because they went to Tuchel first and he was still sulking :lol:)

For me, and I'm not alone in this feeling, it was like watching Chelsea TV. All a bit comical. Their blantantly obvious hope was for a Chelsea win to keep the illusion of a title race still being on, when it's clear now that Citeh pretty much have it in the bag again.

To illustrate that point, this is how their anchorman signed off...

"the football year is all ending on a bit of a downer thanks to a Brighton first".

:lolol:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Chelsea v Liverpool and the post-match interviews on Sunday is now a 'must watch'.

The interviewers will be preparing their questions with maximum incendiary effect. Tuchel has a lot further to go.

Dave Fishwick

Feb 28, 2021
London
Klopp really winds me up when he gets going, because no journalists seem willing to call him out or ask any follow up questions

over the past week he quite often has dropped into his rants that there are some players he is unwilling to drop or rotate

if so then it cannot be a question of player welfare. Either the players are in danger or they aren't. Part of the skill of management is to build a proper squad where you trust each player to do their job, and if there are players that can't come in and do a job then get rid of them. The big clubs are hoarding players that could do a job elsewhere in the Prem and make it a more competitive league. I'm glad that Liverpool and Chelsea have fallen flat on their faces this week and hope Man City grind their noses into the dirt.

It was also quite galling to have Klopp send out his lapdog Henderson to defend his rantings in the media, I could take foreign players moaning about the League Cup and playing Christmas fixtures, but it was really galling to hear an English player and one who has been England captain talk about eroding English football traditions. Klopp is a menace.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Indeed. It's utterly stupid cramming in these festive matches when you've got sports scientists, replica match pitches at the training ground, better diet, well paid teams of physios, a dedicated professional level tournament for Premier League U23 teams, ice baths, proper warm downs and the players can all go home and relax in their matching pajamas with a nice kale salad.

I say the top six should get two weeks off at Christmas just in case one of the overpaid benchwarmers tweaks a hair getting off the bench to do a jog. The other 14 can fill in and entertain the peasants.

All those things are great but the human body is what it is regardless of how many ice baths you take.

The game is a lot quicker (physically demanding) now compared to any time in history.

In recent times there has been 40-55 players injured over the Christmas/New Year fixtures which is unacceptable numbers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here