Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People who get their babies' ears pierced

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Les Biehn said:
Ear piercing, junk food, whacking children and shouting at them in public. A lot of people are morons, but what can you do?

There's lots you can do.

D

Deleted User X18H

Its very Scoombe and Whitehawk - tastic not to mention Woodingdean.

I have not seen many male peirced ears around the Droveway recently oh except in the Dyke Tavern where it is the compulsory uniform

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
BarrelofFun said:
Funny you should say that. I saw a girl, no older than 9 or 10 walking along with her mother. She had a tattoo on her arm, assuming it was a Henna/temporary one, but she was wearing a T-Shirt "Best FCUK in the world" :shrug:

Should be arrested for actively inciting paedophilia! :lol:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
yep agree with Paddy there is lots you can do to prevent your kids becoming screaming, crying, junk food eating social misfits....and it all starts with the parents...

Unfortunately I look at little girls (ie under 5's) with their ears peirced and assume they are from the wrong side of town - can't help it I just do...:(

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
tedebear said:
Doesn't Paddy mean as a parent there is lots we can do to stop all that?

Thats how I interpreted it..

Oh right, sorry I thought he meant about all kids. It never even crossed my mind that I would treat my own kids in that way.

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Les Biehn said:
Oh right, sorry I thought he meant about all kids. It never even crossed my mind that I would treat my own kids in that way.

Of course you wouldn't - but you and I see other people on the street doing it....makes me cry inside when i see it now...parents screaming at kids who are high on junk food and cola, crying and shouting....euuughhh!!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
i did mean about your own kids, only just read the bit where you said people, sorry.

but even so, there is lots you can do about other peoples kids. i don't mean wander about sainsburys and remove all the processed shit from peoples trolleys but among our circle of friends half of them never realised how bad a lot of the food they dish up their kids is until its come up in conversation. or like when our little girl went to play at a friends house and said she is not allowed to eat smarties it started a whole debate between our group of pals and ended with most of them deciding that plying their kids with e numbers is not the way forward.

things like people whacking their kids in public is tricky because if you say something do you make it worse for the kid when they get home or do you make the parent stop and realise how inappropriate their actions are. tough call.
but i've said things to parents in public when they have been being not so nice to their kids. probably not my place but when someone is using food in a restaurant to screw with their kids i have a hard time keeping quiet.

paddy

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Given what my mum used to make me wear when I was a boy - t-shirts over top shirts anyone? - I would have loved to have her getting my ears pierced without my consent to worry about. Glad when I reached 21 and could choose my own clothes.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Starry said:
i did mean about your own kids, only just read the bit where you said people, sorry.

but even so, there is lots you can do about other peoples kids. i don't mean wander about sainsburys and remove all the processed shit from peoples trolleys but among our circle of friends half of them never realised how bad a lot of the food they dish up their kids is until its come up in conversation. or like when our little girl went to play at a friends house and said she is not allowed to eat smarties it started a whole debate between our group of pals and ended with most of them deciding that plying their kids with e numbers is not the way forward.

things like people whacking their kids in public is tricky because if you say something do you make it worse for the kid when they get home or do you make the parent stop and realise how inappropriate their actions are. tough call.
but i've said things to parents in public when they have been being not so nice to their kids. probably not my place but when someone is using food in a restaurant to screw with their kids i have a hard time keeping quiet.

paddy

Good on ya Paddy, I never know whether it is a good thing to intervene when people are treating their youngsters poorly.

None of my mates have kids and neither do I so I am problem free on most fronts when it comes to things like this.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I was told by my friend who runs a body piercing shop in Brighton that is illegal to pierce anyone under the age of 16, and between 16 and 18, you still need parental consent. To that end, she point blank refuses to peirce anyone under the age of 16, and everyone, whatever age, has to fill in a consent form for the piercings, wherever they are getting a piercing.

It saves her from a charge of assault later.

Having said that, there are so many kids under 16 with piercings, that it's a law which is not enforceable.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Tubby Mondays said:
Given what my mum used to make me wear when I was a boy - t-shirts over top shirts anyone? - I would have loved to have her getting my ears pierced without my consent to worry about. Glad when I reached 21 and could choose my own clothes.

you weren't allowed to choose your own clothes until you were 21??

i don't know of a kid over 9 or 10 that doesn't choose their own clothes these days.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Les Biehn said:
Ear piercing, junk food, whacking children and shouting at them in public. A lot of people are morons, but what can you do?

neuter the fuckers to stop them breeding any more.

Now I'm a father I notice it more, children are abused in all sorts of little ways, its no wonder we have a population of whom a majority are plebians and peasants.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Well Arthur just gobbed in the mouse whilst I was trying to type an email. Instead of whacking him and telling him he will not get any pudding at lunch or humbugs or smarties.... we've just had a lenghty 35 minute lecture about the treatment of goods which do not belong to his person. I believe he now understands and will never do it again.

He's a genius young Arthur :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here