Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People who get their babies' ears pierced

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm talking about kids under, say, 6, the ones you see in pushchairs with a nice set of Nike shaped Elizabeth Duke studs in their ears. It's wrong, wrong, wrong.

Discuss.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yep have to agree...

Poor little Frogmella or Anais Anais never even had a choice.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Very wrong indeed.

I used to see a baby, mother and father on the train getting off at Chichester every morning and their baby daughter, no older than 18 months, had big loop earrings. Looked grim and obviously the baby didn't decide she wanted them as she couldn't speak. Mind you I don't think either the mother or father could string a sentence together.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Not for me and my kids don't have their ears pierced. But parental choice and that I guess.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think it's the idea that they mutilate their kids for the sake of fashion when they're far too young to make their own choice about it.

And who sets themself up in business as a baby ear-piercer??

What next, tattoos for toddlers?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
its abuse....

arrest them officer

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
edna krabappel said:
I think it's the idea that they mutilate their kids for the sake of fashion when they're far too young to make their own choice about it.

Funny you should say that. I saw a girl, no older than 9 or 10 walking along with her mother. She had a tattoo on her arm, assuming it was a Henna/temporary one, but she was wearing a T-Shirt "Best FCUK in the world" :shrug:

You get some funny people over here in Chichester.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
edna krabappel said:

You can say the same for lots of things parents do to their children though - circumcision (non religious reason), vaccinations, diet, pretty much everything.

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
perfectly normal in spain

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Yes it's wrong and extremely chavvy !!!

But then you probably just need to look at the parents and then you will see why !

Lush

Mods' Pet
edna krabappel said:

The local jewellers where I had my ears re-pierced said that they don't like doing babies or toddlers, but the mothers sometimes say "Oh well. I'll get it done down Ford Market." They reckon at least they know if they say yes it will be done properly and hygienically.

It's such a bad idea though. A lethal combination of babies and toddlers/jewellery to pull at/fingers that have been god knows where.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Starry said:
You can say the same for lots of things parents do to their children though - circumcision (non religious reason), vaccinations, diet, pretty much everything.

I guess.

But there's something about a great big pair of gold-ette hooped ear-rings on a 6 month old that's just horrendous.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'd well get my kid a tattoo, it'd look well hard in the tooder group and probably end up beig well hard when grown up.

Piercings and tattoos on babies? Good thing! :)

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
edna krabappel said:
I guess.

But there's something about a great big pair of gold-ette hooped ear-rings on a 6 month old that's just horrendous.

Be allright if the kid had a choice but they don't! Bit like 5yr old's being told "you cant eat a burger cos we're vegetarians"

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Sick.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Who cares, it looks shit but if people want to do it then it's their own business.

And to everyone saying they don't have a choice, well that's what being a kid is, your parents make your choices for you and you are stuck with them weather they are good or bad.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It's f***ing VILE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here