Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People leaving before the final whistle

PC-Gull

The Muffin Man
Apr 12, 2008
Brighton, Sussex, England
It is really annoying when people leave their seats early for half time and full time. But i do understand that it is possible for people to have a reason for leaving the game early, but there are no excuses for going early for half time.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Went to see the latest Harry Potter film at the cinema recently.

Decided to leave 5 minutes before the end to catch a bus.

Can anyone let me know how it ended?

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
i don't have a problem as long as no one blocks by view at attacking /goal scoring moments. Today we left to get a pie during injury time before half time. It's either that or miss the first 5 - 10 mins of the second half.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I arrived at the Amex after 35 minutes for the first game against Doncaster after a 9 hour journey which included me ditching my car and running to a train station - are you saying I am not a true fan?

You are more than a true fan, you are a legendary fan for that effort.

I was trying to make the point with my original post that sometimes you are late/need to leave early and it makes you no less a fan. I may have failed to make my point as you have taken it to mean the exact opposite....It took me ages to type all that as well!

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
They are a fcuking embarressment to the club, we must start shaming them as they go, there are plenty of real fans wanting tickets who will stay to the end and clap our team off the pitch as they deserve.The west stand seem to be the worst offenders, not just the prawn sarnie stand the upper as well.:wanker::wanker:

What a ridiculous statement. You have no idea of individuals needs or commitments other than football. Believe it or not there are some people who have a life away from football. As for today's game, 2 nil up and coasting. Hardly 1 nil in a semi final is it.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
You are more than a true fan, you are a legendary fan for that effort.

I was trying to make the point with my original post that sometimes you are late/need to leave early and it makes you no less a fan. I may have failed to make my point as you have taken it to mean the exact opposite....It took me ages to type all that as well!

Nah, you made your point perfectly, trust me :)

Sep 1, 2010
Nope. Stayed till the final whistle as always. I just don't moan about what other people do that doesn't materially affect me.

This This This. Although i had to leave a few mins early for a change today as i had the beginnings of the Tom Tits so i could not hold out any longer and wanted to avoid the cubicle rush

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
IMO, everyone enjoys their matchday experience differently, there are those who want to sit in their seat bang on kick off and make sure they are straight out after and those who will arrive hours early, see the team bus arrive and will probably be the last ones to leave their seats post match. There will be some who are there more for the atmosphere and like to watch a game and perhaps aren't overly concerned with the result.

Everyone is united in their support for the team tho and the club welcomes ALL supporters, however you choose to watch the Albion.

This on top of like others say, many have commitments which mean they simply need to get out asap means ppl leave early, and this is the case in every club in the land and when watching the national team

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Not a valid excuse,i leave work early to watch my team play an evening home game as should all STH`s.You simply do another couple of hours on another day to compensate your employer.

It is a valid excuse actually, are ALL employers flexible about changing your hours so you can watch football ? I dont think so. I had to leave just before the final whistle yesterday to get the 1st bus back as I had to go to work to do a night shift and I could not adjust my hours, so get real will you and dont make such stupid comments about what people should do.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
They are a fcuking embarressment to the club, we must start shaming them as they go, there are plenty of real fans wanting tickets who will stay to the end and clap our team off the pitch as they deserve.The west stand seem to be the worst offenders, not just the prawn sarnie stand the upper as well.:wanker::wanker:

HEY !! Why not have them all shot as well the evil scheming plotting bastards how dare they have a life outside football and families and other commitments.
Cleanse our beautiful stadia and club of these self centred pigs !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here