Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People leaving before the final whistle

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
To be fair, Dougie, Mrs Thatcher gets blamed for a lot of things.
But I don't think people leaving the AMEX before the final whistle can be laid at her door...

Thatcher is the devil , anything negative in your life Bry Nylon is down to her the spawn of the devil

LRB77

Nov 10, 2009
Worthing
You obviously left early today as you were bored and wanted to get home and do what exactly.Let a real supporter have your seat.

No. Stayed till about 2 hours after the final whistle. Just don't think it's an issue if someone chooses to leave early.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I didn't go today but I feel the same. I understand those who leave early before full time because they want to get the first train etc or may have a long journey. I personally don't agree with it but hey, it's their loss if they miss a stunning last minute goal, a la Donny. But those who leave at 36 minutes (i.e. at the Blackpool game) are the ones that bug me. We have a 15 minute half time break for a reason.

I had a said 'youngster' with me today. Clapped the team off, bought some Albion sweets. Got to station queued for 15 minutes and caught 1532. As I have said on a different post, much easier than lots of grounds (Tottenham, West Ham, Villa, Charlton to name a few). The fact that the ground stays open is the bonus...need to try the North Stand next (Hull in October!!). Midweek is the worry for me coming from London

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
People go on about those leaving early (which is up to them IMO) but what about those countless people who turn up late FFS!

We all know the game kicks off at 3pm ! Why is so much made of people going early - I have more of a problem with those arriving late!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
That is perfectly understandable BUT i agree re other people etc - it was silly today - and at half time. 39 mins on the big board and some in the North are queing for a beer. Also why not stay and CLAP the boys after a great result (AGAIN)

Cos you won't get a beer at halftime?

Sent from my inbred hatred of all things South London .....HD

D

Deleted member 18477

Not a valid excuse,i leave work early to watch my team play an evening home game as should all STH`s.You simply do another couple of hours on another day to compensate your employer.

One of the most ridiculous things I've ever read! Not everyone has/could have flexible hours. Jesus Christ!

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
My 3 young STH lads get the train down from (not far short of) Northampton. They leave home at 10.30am, and usually get home at 9.00pm. By running out at 89 minutes they can beat the rush and be home for 8.00pm, thereby cutting their day out time from 10.5 hours to 9.5 hours, for 90 minutes footie.

Hope no-one has a problem with that level of commitment? They would always stay to the end if there was only a goal in it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I've never left a game early. However, if someone wants to do that, that means it's one less person in the queue for the train or bus after the final whistle.

It strikes me that you have only latched onto the issue of fans leaving early as it gives you an opportunity to present yourself on NSC as somehow more of a fan than someone else.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Not a valid excuse,i leave work early to watch my team play an evening home game as should all STH`s.You simply do another couple of hours on another day to compensate your employer.

Your account is clearly a wind-up, so not sure why i'm replying. But many people cannot just leave work early/turn up 10 minutes late, they'd be fired, I know I would be from my part time job.
Some people have reasons to leave in order to make certain connections home, I don't understand the problem.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
They are a fcuking embarressment to the club, we must start shaming them as they go, there are plenty of real fans wanting tickets who will stay to the end and clap our team off the pitch as they deserve.The west stand seem to be the worst offenders, not just the prawn sarnie stand the upper as well.:wanker::wanker:

Get over yourself! I couldn't give a shit if someone needs to leave early. They obviously have a reason to it, an it's none of your f***ing business. They can leave when they want as long as it doesn't get in the way of my view.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
I left after 86 minutes as had to get to a wedding I should have gone to! Still got there just as they were serving up Hog Roast?

Makes no difference people leaving early and getting in the way as where I am the three youngsters next to me have the bladder of an 80 year old and the cock in front is f***ing completely incapable of sitting down! Any ideas on what I can stick in his coat pocket to f*** him off!

Still three cracking home games coming up :rave:and top of the league for a week or two...... Life is geat...

Last edited:

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
On a side note , bloke i spoke to in beer que today said got a season ticket but supports spurs. Said mainly coming for something to do and wasn't bothered on the result and has never seen spurs before either. Called him a prick whcih he seemed to take fairly well

That was nice of you. He might have, over time, became a fully fledged albion fan, but then remember the stranger he met and chatted to in the queue who called him a prick to his face. Good work.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is up to individuals to decide if they go early and suffer the consequences like that idiot who left at half-time against Leicester........

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
To anyone that:

Started supporting the Albion as a small child(Following in your Dad's and his Dad's footsteps.)and took the crap from the other kids in the playground who supported the big teams.
Supported the Albion as an adult and took the crap from your workmates who supported the big teams.
Went to every game you could make, but would listen to the radio commentry if not able to go.
Had to ban the seagulls from entering any of your subbuteo leagues(Playing both teams yourself.) because other teams would not stand a chance.
Owned many a shirt from British Caledonian to NOBO as a kid, and bought them all again as an adult retro shirt.
Claims The Goldstone Rap to be the greatest B side of all time.
Still daydreams over the 'Smith must score!' moment but still classes Smith as a legend.
Cried themselves to sleep the night of the 0-4 replay.
Went to watch a premier league game and realised that football is better three levels lower if it involves Brighton.
Got a lump in your throat when the Albion achieved something great because you loved them when they were crap.
Put the Albion before a member of the opposite sex (Maybe the same sex for a few on here.)
Never really forgave somebody for doodling in one of your Albion Hard-Backs.
Gets star-struck when in the presence of an Albion player.
Protested against Archer and Bellend.
Marched for Falmer.
Wrote letters in support of Falmer.
Voted Yes in the referendum for Falmer.
Lost count of the number of season tickets you have bought.
Refuses to throw your old Programmes and Gull's Eyes away, no matter how mouldy/smelly they are getting.
Spent thousands of pounds travelling around the country supporting the Albion.
Feels so proud to be sitting top of the table under Gus Poyet, and playing at the beautiful Amex paid for by Tony Bloom.

If you arrive a minute late or leave a minute before Half/Full Time. YOU ARE NOT A TRUE FAN!

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
To anyone that:

Started supporting the Albion as a small child(Following in your Dad's and his Dad's footsteps.)and took the crap from the other kids in the playground who supported the big teams.
Supported the Albion as an adult and took the crap from your workmates who supported the big teams.
Went to every game you could make, but would listen to the radio commentry if not able to go.
Had to ban the seagulls from entering any of your subbuteo leagues(Playing both teams yourself.) because other teams would not stand a chance.
Owned many a shirt from British Caledonian to NOBO as a kid, and bought them all again as an adult retro shirt.
Claims The Goldstone Rap to be the greatest B side of all time.
Still daydreams over the 'Smith must score!' moment but still classes Smith as a legend.
Cried themselves to sleep the night of the 0-4 replay.
Went to watch a premier league game and realised that football is better three levels lower if it involves Brighton.
Got a lump in your throat when the Albion achieved something great because you loved them when they were crap.
Put the Albion before a member of the opposite sex (Maybe the same sex for a few on here.)
Never really forgave somebody for doodling in one of your Albion Hard-Backs.
Gets star-struck when in the presence of an Albion player.
Protested against Archer and Bellend.
Marched for Falmer.
Wrote letters in support of Falmer.
Voted Yes in the referendum for Falmer.
Lost count of the number of season tickets you have bought.
Refuses to throw your old Programmes and Gull's Eyes away, no matter how mouldy/smelly they are getting.
Spent thousands of pounds travelling around the country supporting the Albion.
Feels so proud to be sitting top of the table under Gus Poyet, and playing at the beautiful Amex paid for by Tony Bloom.

If you arrive a minute late or leave a minute before Half/Full Time. YOU ARE NOT A TRUE FAN!

I arrived at the Amex after 35 minutes for the first game against Doncaster after a 9 hour journey which included me ditching my car and running to a train station - are you saying I am not a true fan?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here