Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People leaving before the final whistle

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I was disappointed how many people left before the end today. We are top of the league, the transport system now seems to be running well yet hundreds left before the final whistle. I understand if your with someone who is elderly or disabled but to everyone else why???

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
I was disappointed how many people left before the end today. We are top of the league, the transport system now seems to be running well yet hundreds left before the final whistle. I understand if your with someone who is elderly or disabled but to everyone else why???

They are a fcuking embarressment to the club, we must start shaming them as they go, there are plenty of real fans wanting tickets who will stay to the end and clap our team off the pitch as they deserve.The west stand seem to be the worst offenders, not just the prawn sarnie stand the upper as well.:wanker::wanker:

Last edited:

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
People with kids?

Why does having the young ones with you mean you have to leave before the game has finished and the players have left the pitch.I had three with me today and we all stayed to the end, the atmosphere when the players clap the fans for there support is well worth staying for,not to mention seeing the late goal that often seals the game .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I left a couple of minutes early to get elderly mother up the stairs before the general exodus....... but did stand at back until end whistle!.......

That is perfectly understandable BUT i agree re other people etc - it was silly today - and at half time. 39 mins on the big board and some in the North are queing for a beer. Also why not stay and CLAP the boys after a great result (AGAIN)

LRB77

Nov 10, 2009
Worthing
They are a fcuking embarressment to the club, we must start shaming them as they go, there are plenty of real fans wanting tickets who will stay to the end and clap our team off the pitch as they deserve.The west stand seem to be the worst offenders, not just the prawn sarnie stand the upper as well.:wanker::wanker:

"embarressment" to the club? Ever looked in the mirror?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I don't usually leave early, but today I left just after the board went up. My mate starts work at 6, and has been late the last couple of times so we needed to get the first train.
People have their reasons.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Because we are watching the game yet lots of people walk past us to get out

I think you're trying to 'move the goalposts' as your original post isn't complaining about people getting in the way, it's having a go just because they choose or need to leave early. Why didn't you make reference to the hoards that disappear up to 10 mins before half time or those that return to their seats after the second half has kicked off. I doubt there are many that actually get in your way unless you sit at the end of an aisle and all the aisle leave!!!!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
couldnt give a f*** , happened at withdean as well . People desperate to be first on bus's and trains. Trace this back to Thatcher and the im alright jack attitude.

On a side note , bloke i spoke to in beer que today said got a season ticket but supports spurs. Said mainly coming for something to do and wasn't bothered on the result and has never seen spurs before either. Called him a prick whcih he seemed to take fairly well

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
I don't usually leave early, but today I left just after the board went up. My mate starts work at 6, and has been late the last couple of times so we needed to get the first train.
People have their reasons.

Not a valid excuse,i leave work early to watch my team play an evening home game as should all STH`s.You simply do another couple of hours on another day to compensate your employer.

Last edited:

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I think you're trying to 'move the goalposts' as your original post isn't complaining about people getting in the way, it's having a go just because they choose or need to leave early. Why didn't you make reference to the hoards that disappear up to 10 mins before half time or those that return to their seats after the second half has kicked off. I doubt there are many that actually get in your way unless you sit at the end of an aisle and all the aisle leave!!!!

I take it that you left early then

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Trace this back to Thatcher and the im alright jack attitude

To be fair, Dougie, Mrs Thatcher gets blamed for a lot of things.
But I don't think people leaving the AMEX before the final whistle can be laid at her door...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here