Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People filing by Reagan's coffin .. what's that all about?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Reagan was not a bad president at all. You are just going for the easy pop without thinking about it.

Diana was an icon but did a lot of less priviledge people, land mines, aids etc etc. Why all the shit for the death of someone who at least gave a shit about other people and did not just sit in her palace. :censored:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I believe it to be true therefore it is.

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
I was writng a lot of what has been said here when NSC went down so could not post it, anyone who respects Reagan can show it by attending the lying in state if you did not then don't bother a bit like the Queen mum thing and Diana. As far as I am concerned anyone who has served their country deserves a little respect, but I am probably a little old fasioned in my thinking.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
:rolleyes: i can't believe what some twats have written on here. have people forgotten we might have been nuked by russia had regan not stepped in. he didn't do much esle but that was a main party of history. there will be people saying next we shouldn't pilgrim to france to pay respect to the d day victims. regan and diana all served their country one way or another.

its all relative let people grieve how they want to grieve.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Each to their own. If people want to go and pay respects to Reagan, then that's fine. Fill your boots.

But - I can't find any reason to respect someone like Reagan (dead or alive). Yes, as Yorkie said, he made a difference. But in my opinion it was for the worse and I wont be celebrating his role in history.

Equally, I won't be changing my opinion about him because of his death. In Diana's case, this is what happened. If I remember rightly, no-one much liked Diana before she died. She was hounded by the press and no-one cared. People just kept buying the papers that did it. She was derided for the Bashir interview and branded a manipulator. Then she carked it and suddenly she's Queen of our Hearts. So, in this case I will have a go at people for going over the top to mourn her. Mostly they're the people that hounded her to her grave.

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
Agree with Six Yard on the Diana thing, IMHO was slighly OTT the reaction to her death however sad, but if thats what people want to do then fair enough, she did do some good things and was obviously a loving mother, personally I was playing golf the day of her funeral it was very empty.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
SM I agree with you on this. Diana was clearly a loving mother and did a bit of work for charidee (although I suspect nothing like as much as her ex-husband). However the "national outpouring of grief" was completely out of all proportion to her death.

As for Reagan, well he was head of state so it's inevitable that he is going to get a big send-off. Personally I don't think he deserves it. I would be interested to know what evidence caz99 has for his suggestion that Reagan saved us from a nuking by those darn Russkies. He sounds like my Dad from the mid-70's when he used to assure me that if a Soviet Olympic team got beaten by a US team then they would end up down the salt mines. I actually believed him!

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
But Jambo as head of state he does deserve it, he served his country for eight years it is of course personal opinion if he did that well or not, fact is he did it. Personally I thought he was OK no suprise there I suppose!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Simster said:
Oh bollocks, I wish I'd thought of that. What a waste of a day it was.

I went for an incredible bike ride - the roads were deserted, and if anyone was out they were in a great mood - just enjoying the absence of cars.

I recommend it for when queeny croaks. In about 30 years.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
I think some of comments here are pretty tasteless.

He did influence the end of the cold war afterall.

:nono:

I agree with many here, the Diana reaction was cringeworthy. It made me temporarily ashamed to be a Brit. We looked like a nation of snivilling fools. I like to think that those who were crying were doing so for their consential role in her harrasment.

Last edited:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Dick Knights Mum said:
I went for an incredible bike ride - the roads were deserted, and if anyone was out they were in a great mood - just enjoying the absence of <A TITLE="Click for more information about car" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||cars|AA1VDw">car</A>s.

I recommend it for when queeny croaks. In about 30 years.

remember that when i want to go on a looting spree :lolol:

Dandyman

In London village.
Jambo Seagull said:
SM I agree with you on this. Diana was clearly a loving mother and did a bit of work for charidee (although I suspect nothing like as much as her ex-husband). However the "national outpouring of grief" was completely out of all proportion to her death.

As for Reagan, well he was head of state so it's inevitable that he is going to get a big send-off. Personally I don't think he deserves it. I would be interested to know what evidence caz99 has for his suggestion that Reagan saved us from a nuking by those darn Russkies. He sounds like my Dad from the mid-70's when he used to assure me that if a Soviet Olympic team got beaten by a US team then they would end up down the salt mines. I actually believed him!

Ronnie backed the Islamic extremists in Afghanistan (as well as various Latin American murder squads) so our present prediciment owes something to his less than benign hand.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Eddie the Seagull said:
I think some of comments here are pretty tasteless.

He did influence the end of the cold war afterall.

:nono:
Are they as tasteless as say, financially backing military dictatorships against democratically elected governments in South America or turning a blind eye when a minibus of AMERICAN nuns gets brutally raped by a government backed deathsquad or wasting billions on a dumb anti missile pipedream at the expense of a sceptical taxpayer?

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
The end of the cold war and nuclear disarmament were assisted by reagan.

didn't know i had to have evidence to back up my opinions anyhow as that was what i thought they were opinions!

by the way i am a girly :shootself

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
also everyones seems to forget the helping hand our government has backing america over the yeasr does that make us as bad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here