Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People CRYING at getting relegated

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I think it's a male viewpoint that men shouldn't show their emotions as it's perceived as a sign of weakness. Nonsense! Why not? It's obviously disappointing to be relegated and, if you're a passionate supporter then it obviously means a lot. However, there are worse things than being relegated from the Premiership e.g the fear of one's club going out of business e.g Rotherham and others before. I should imagine many a tear would be shed if that happened - men and all!

Because, after all, it's really just a silly ball game? AS Easy said, if the future of your club is at stake, that's a different matter but that didn't apply y'day at all.

Although - for all the self-sustaining crap on Sky about people crying because football's so important etc, I could have put my foot through the telly when I saw a Reading fan claiming they'd "have a bit of a laugh in the Championship next year" - as if they were being denied they're rightful place at the top table, whereas most of us remember them struggling to get into that division at all not that long ago. ARSEPIECES.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Easy: It’s the best bit of the season - I love watching fans cry like girls when their team goes down.

I have to say that I enjoyed watching Man U win the league yesterday and was pleased that the best team won it. I had to turn off the TV off though when all the London fans went mental, the players jumped up and down like they were on pogo sticks and Ronaldo looking even more pleased with himself than he would after been noshed off by 5 of the worlds most beautiful women. Give me Brummies crying like girls and smashing the ground up and I certainly wouldn’t have felt the need to wash the car for the first time in 6 months.

Pointing at some Reading fan crying, laughing at them and feeling smug that they will be stuff of piss takes because they can’t stomach the thought of a trip to Plymouth makes the last day of the season for me. It even makes the Champions league final worth watching knowing that one of Drogba or Ronaldo will be crying and so will one of their sets of fans when they lose. Fantastic.

I know what you mean. But I just find myself getting ANNOYED at these blubbering, supposedly traumatised, publicity-seeking totally contrived grief-monkeys. Its car-crash television, because I feel nothing but CONTEMPT for them.

The only time I've ever felt an ounce of empathy was at Edgar Street amongst the celebrations at our end, when I looked around the ground and saw a few fans here and there sitting quietly in their own misery, contemplating the Conference. They were entitled to a snivel. But relegation from the Prem or within the Football League ? Pfff. Shit happens. They're just crying to be attention-seeking GOONS.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Christ knows what they are like in real tragic situations, family deaths, illnesses etc.

Of course Sky woudn't know about these dramas played out in the lower leagues becuase THEY DON'T GIVE A f***ing DAMN ABOUT FOOTBALL OUTSIDE OF THE PREMIERSHIP.

And of course to Sky, NOTHING is more important in life than the Premiership. If you're not there, well then you might as well be dead.

Right Crodo ?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't know how you can make any kind of case Sky don't give a shit about clubs outside the Premier League. Every play-off match is on Sky.

They regularly show club matches from all levels from the Championship to non-league, something neither BBC or ITV did even when they could have. Football from outside the top flight is covered better on Sky than it ever has been, as it should be, and the other broadcasters should hang their heads in shame.

Yes, it is a bit of tokenism to an extent and an add-on to what they consider the be-all and end-all of the PL - but at least they're doing it.

Double Hard Bastard

Oct 16, 2006
I think it's a male viewpoint that men shouldn't show their emotions as it's perceived as a sign of weakness. Nonsense! Why not? It's obviously disappointing to be relegated and, if you're a passionate supporter then it obviously means a lot. However, there are worse things than being relegated from the Premiership e.g the fear of one's club going out of business e.g Rotherham and others before. I should imagine many a tear would be shed if that happened - men and all!

Bollocks! There are many reasons why a man cry, a death of a loved one, having his nuts bitten of by a Laplander or getting caught in the cogs of a Combined Harvester! Relegation is not! No matter how die hard a passionate 'i'm off home to beat the Mrs we've just dropped two points at home to Bury' fan he may be be!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nobody at Reading FC thinks that we belong in the Premiership, and I don't know why you think we do?

Dave Kitson does. Reading were too important for the FA Cup this season apparently. The way it panned out, that cheating ginger gimp could have had a Cup Final medal to show his kids. Now whats he got ? A certificate for finishing 11th in the Prem once, before going down again.

Woo.
Hoo.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I don't know how you can make any kind of case Sky don't give a shit about clubs outside the Premier League. Every play-off match is on Sky.

They regularly show club matches from all levels from the Championship to non-league, something neither BBC or ITV did even when they could have. Football from outside the top flight is covered better on Sky than it ever has been, as it should be, and the other broadcasters should hang their heads in shame.

Yes, it is a bit of tokenism to an extent and an add-on to what they consider the be-all and end-all of the PL - but at least they're doing it.

ITV did try it with ITV Digital but, unfortunately, it failed because there wasn't the interest. There is so much media attention to the Premiership/Champions League that the average armchair fan isn't interested in anything "less". Much as I love football, I think there's far too much on TV, which doesn't encourage people to go to matches or to support their local team rather than sitting a home watching the "big boys".

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth

Sky’s coverage is akin to an annoyance. It’s a starter to the main course, the warm up before the main attraction. The sad thing is that it is the best of a bad bunch. Last week, BBC 5live felt that Arsenal V Everton was more important than the final day of the Championship. ITV cocked up their coverage so much all league clubs lost a share of about 100 odd million. I think the conference is on Setanta this year and I’ve seen Crawley live more times that the Albion – How does that work? Surely, there is a market there for covering Championship to League 2 much better than it is now?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I think sky is actually pretty bloody good for lower league football considering the viewing figures for games is probably not that great.

As for the crying. Nancy boys the lot of them

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
basically (IMO) any bloke who cries over a football match is a sad twat who needs to get out a bit more

((IMO), sorry if you've cried over a football match, no offence, though pls try and get out a bit more)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If you recall his comments, it wasn't that we were 'too important', it was that Premiership survival was more important than a cup run, and for that reason, he didn't give "two shits" (I think he said)

If we'd have concentrated on the cup, we might have been distracted and not have picked up any points in January or February.

Oh, we didn't...

And it was 8th ;)

Sorry, 8th then.
The point being - you might as WELL have had a proper go at the Cup. Coppell and Kitson took you fans for mugs two seasons running with their contempt for the FA Cup. Winning becomes a habit and breeds confidence. Who knows, if you'd gone on a bit of a cup run it may even have bleeded into your League form as well. This season was one of the few chances of GLORY, and your club wern't bold enough to go for it.

That'd piss me right off if the Albion did that.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I'm going to have a bit of a laugh in the Championship next season.

All day on the beers to Carlisle, Blackpool by the seaside, a trip to QPR... It's still a day out with the lads, supporting your team and having a laugh.

Nobody at Reading FC thinks that we belong in the Premiership, and I don't know why you think we do?

I would have that that you would have had your fill by the time the train passed Winnersh Triangle...

Dandyman

In London village.
How do these stories differ from your traditional post game routine?

Well, we did also have a mob of Leeds asking us if we were Millwall....

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Sorry, 8th then.
The point being - you might as WELL have had a proper go at the Cup. Coppell and Kitson took you fans for mugs two seasons running with their contempt for the FA Cup. Winning becomes a habit and breeds confidence. Who knows, if you'd gone on a bit of a cup run it may even have bleeded into your League form as well. This season was one of the few chances of GLORY, and your club wern't bold enough to go for it.

That'd piss me right off if the Albion did that.

Too right..throwing a home game against Mansfield...

Dandyman

In London village.

Bunch of bleedin' poofters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here