Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People CRYING at getting relegated

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Doesn't it get on your tits ?

I've seen the Albion relegated more times than I care to remember, yet I've never felt the urge to start whimpering and blubbing like a six year old at Neverland. And I honestly don't recall looking around at my fellow Albion fans and seeing them breaking down like someones died. It seems a curiously PREMIERSHIP affliction if you ask me. "Turn the waterworks on love, you'll be on Match of the Day later". And that little kid at Birmingham on his dads lap, quite literally HOWLING in grief at the end. If that was my lad, he'd get a clip round the ear and a stern "pull yourself together, its only the bloody Championship - I've seen us play at WALSALL for christs sake". Spoilt little brat.

YES its important, YES its a pisser when you go down. But anyone who is reduced to TEARS by the experience needs to get a frigging life.*

* the honourable (and totally biased) exception to this would be if we'd dropped into non-league at Hereford, cos that really would have been the end.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
i agree with all you say!

however. i think the kid at Birmingham was crying as he had just realised he was from Birmingham. i would also cry in that situation.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Good shout.

That Reading fan they showed on Sky, who must have been in his early thirties, crying like a little girl was really sad. Not as in 'upsetting', just really sad.

I cried before the last game at the Goldstone, at Wembley in '91 when I saw Deano walking round the pitch crying his eyes out, and at half-time at Hereford. That's it.

I laughed at Grimsby when I saw people crying.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I can see why they're crying, it's along way back once you slip into the abyss of the Championship. I don't think Reading will be back there for a while.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I must admitt the last 2 times we have been relegated, have generally led to drinking a bucket load and getting on with it.

When McGhee took us down, having laughed my way through the Stoke debacle, we went to the pub until the wee hours.

When we went down at Grimsby, well after walking back to Cleethorpes past people hitting each other, found an offie, loaded up with beer for the journey home, stopped off in Donny, few beers with some lads from England games, beers on train back to London. Once in London, off to Mables for a few beers and the Taxman having a very odd conversation with a South African couple.

The hangover both times was superb.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It's down to Coppell refusing to spend in the transfer windows, buying expensive players at the start of the season and not playing them, and his loyalty to players that took us up but aren't good enough to keep us there.

We were relegated long before yesterday, so I don't see the point in the hysterics from some of our fans.

To be honest, I'm looking forwards to next season more than I would another Premiership season.

Do you reckon SC will still be there next season? Doesn't sound like it from what I've read/heard.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think it's fantastic and what makes those relegation games worth watching :lol:

I can see why they're crying, it's along way back once you slip into the abyss of the Championship. I don't think Reading will be back there for a while.

What's all this bollocks about 'the abyss of the Championship'; that's the second time you've posted that today. It's not a f***ing abyss, it's the second division. The conference could be seen as 'the abyss', or going bust, but not the f***ing championship.

Do you actually spend every waking minute sitting in front of Sky Sports News lapping it up? :O

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Doesn't it get on your tits ?

I've seen the Albion relegated more times than I care to remember, yet I've never felt the urge to start whimpering and blubbing like a six year old at Neverland. And I honestly don't recall looking around at my fellow Albion fans and seeing them breaking down like someones died. It seems a curiously PREMIERSHIP affliction if you ask me. "Turn the waterworks on love, you'll be on Match of the Day later". And that little kid at Birmingham on his dads lap, quite literally HOWLING in grief at the end. If that was my lad, he'd get a clip round the ear and a stern "pull yourself together, its only the bloody Championship - I've seen us play at WALSALL for christs sake". Spoilt little brat.

YES its important, YES its a pisser when you go down. But anyone who is reduced to TEARS by the experience needs to get a frigging life.*

* the honourable (and totally biased) exception to this would be if we'd dropped into non-league at Hereford, cos that really would have been the end.

Its amazing when they pan round the ground to see people crying.

relegation-blues.jpg

ufnreleg3.jpg

NEUTRON1107.jpg

52775592.jpg

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Easy: It’s the best bit of the season - I love watching fans cry like girls when their team goes down.

I have to say that I enjoyed watching Man U win the league yesterday and was pleased that the best team won it. I had to turn off the TV off though when all the London fans went mental, the players jumped up and down like they were on pogo sticks and Ronaldo looking even more pleased with himself than he would after been noshed off by 5 of the worlds most beautiful women. Give me Brummies crying like girls and smashing the ground up and I certainly wouldn’t have felt the need to wash the car for the first time in 6 months.

Pointing at some Reading fan crying, laughing at them and feeling smug that they will be stuff of piss takes because they can’t stomach the thought of a trip to Plymouth makes the last day of the season for me. It even makes the Champions league final worth watching knowing that one of Drogba or Ronaldo will be crying and so will one of their sets of fans when they lose. Fantastic.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I think it's a male viewpoint that men shouldn't show their emotions as it's perceived as a sign of weakness. Nonsense! Why not? It's obviously disappointing to be relegated and, if you're a passionate supporter then it obviously means a lot. However, there are worse things than being relegated from the Premiership e.g the fear of one's club going out of business e.g Rotherham and others before. I should imagine many a tear would be shed if that happened - men and all!

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I must admitt the last 2 times we have been relegated, have generally led to drinking a bucket load and getting on with it.

When McGhee took us down, having laughed my way through the Stoke debacle, we went to the pub until the wee hours.

When we went down at Grimsby, well after walking back to Cleethorpes past people hitting each other, found an offie, loaded up with beer for the journey home, stopped off in Donny, few beers with some lads from England games, beers on train back to London. Once in London, off to Mables for a few beers and the Taxman having a very odd conversation with a South African couple.

The hangover both times was superb.

How do these stories differ from your traditional post game routine?

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
The other extremely annoying thing about this even within the paramaters of how important football really is in life - is relegation from the Premiership is no big deal for most clubs.

Compared with what Halifax fans, Wrexham, Rotherham, Doncaster, Carlisle Luton - the list is endless.............. - compared with what they have been through and the possibilities they faced as clubs - if you ahve to get hysterical about football then they have far more a claim to be blubbing than Reading, Birmingham fans etc.

Christ knows what they are like in real tragic situations, family deaths, illnesses etc.

Of course Sky woudn't know about these dramas played out in the lower leagues becuase THEY DON'T GIVE A f***ing DAMN ABOUT FOOTBALL OUTSIDE OF THE PREMIERSHIP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here