Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

people complaining about NOTHING

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Check this shit out:

BBC News - Burger King advert

A Burger King advertising campaign has been banned after complaints the chicken burger shown was bigger than the real thing, a watchdog has said.

Two viewers said the TV advert for the Tendercrisp burger was misleading.

The Advertising Standards Authority said it bought three burgers and found their thickness and the overall height was "considerably less" than in the ad.

TWO f***ing viewers.......TWO.......jesus wept about all that is mighty and pure this society has gone f***ing BONKERS, absolute joke...the ASA should've told those TWO people to stop being boring miserable twats....I mean SERIOUSLY.....an advert gets dropped because TWO people complained......f*** ME thats pathetic! :wozza:

/end rant

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I DISAGREE Marc.

If Burger King are DELIBERATELY misleading people as to the size of their chicken burgers, then they need to be STOPPED. Could I be arsed to complain to the ASA ? That'd be a NO, but I'm glad someone has seen fit to on my behalf, so as to avoid any HEARTBREAK or DISAPPOINTMENT I may have experienced if I'd ever at some point ventured into a Burger King and purchased one of their EXAGGERRATED chicken burgers.

Which I wouldn't, because I already know for a FACT that BK is shite anyway.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I dont care about the MORALS of the story its the fact that TWO people complained and got their way, jesus thats like NSC having a say in everyday matters...EVERYTHING would be stopped by lunchtime and the country would come to a complete HALT!

by ASAs standards YOU and ME could complain about a GILLETTE advert showing too many half naked men showing off their beefcake chests and therefore it should be deemed BANNED.....innit!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The last Burger King I had was at a service station on the way back from the Playoff final in Cardiff, as I was absolutely Hank MARVIN. Had to queue for bloody ages, but it was either that or writing off the thick end of ten squids worth of beer tokens for something that had been sat under a heat lamp since the previous Thursday.

It was probably the longest wait for the shittest bit of "food" I've ever had.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I seem to remember on the way back from Cardiff we finally got to a service station and they had CLOSED most of the eateries, if not all, including the BK you probably used, Easy. I had to make do with a ginsters slice, which are shit when cold.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I dont care about the MORALS of the story its the fact that TWO people complained and got their way, jesus thats like NSC having a say in everyday matters...EVERYTHING would be stopped by lunchtime and the country would come to a complete HALT!

by ASAs standards YOU and ME could complain about a GILLETTE advert showing too many half naked men showing off their beefcake chests and therefore it should be deemed BANNED.....innit!

More POWER to their elbow I say.
BK are SHIT and deserve everything they get. I am DELIGHTED that a couple of bored, cantankerous old CACKBADGERS have managed to bring down the entire chickenburger advertising campaign of a huge multinational CONGLOMERATE.

:clap: to both of them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
you only need one 'viewer' if you have a valid point.

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
What has annoyed me is that people should be ALLOWED to COMPLAIN IN the FIRST place. Is there anyone who YOU can ring up and say "LOOK, I don't think these PEOPLE should have the right to COMPLain."

Probably NOT.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I seem to remember on the way back from Cardiff we finally got to a service station and they had CLOSED most of the eateries, if not all, including the BK you probably used, Easy. I had to make do with a ginsters slice, which are shit when cold.

In fairness, they're not all that when heated either.

I can only assume the Albion fans cleaned out BK's entire M4 supply of minced gristle that day. Quite a feat.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Maybe it's QUALITY, not QUANTITY...and it was only upheld because they were proved right? If they had been talking bollocks, it would have been ignored. More worryingly, it shows most people eating those burgers couldn't notice the difference that their own paltry purchase barely covered the tomato slice, while the one in the advert showed an entire chicken in the bap.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
More worryingly, it shows most people eating those burgers couldn't notice the difference that their own paltry purchase barely covered the tomato slice, while the one in the advert showed an entire cow in the bap.

Well if they were advertising their chicken burgers by showing a cow in the bap, then I can certainly see why this advert was pulled.

*ahhh...nice edit*

:wink:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Check this shit out:

BBC News - Burger King advert

A Burger King advertising campaign has been banned after complaints the chicken burger shown was bigger than the real thing, a watchdog has said.

Two viewers said the TV advert for the Tendercrisp burger was misleading.

The Advertising Standards Authority said it bought three burgers and found their thickness and the overall height was "considerably less" than in the ad.

TWO f***ing viewers.......TWO.......jesus wept about all that is mighty and pure this society has gone f***ing BONKERS, absolute joke...the ASA should've told those TWO people to stop being boring miserable twats....I mean SERIOUSLY.....an advert gets dropped because TWO people complained......f*** ME thats pathetic! :wozza:

/end rant

Surely complaining about nothing being complained about nothing is worse?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Daily Mash....

YOU REALLY DON'T WANT US TO SHOW THE ACTUAL BURGER, SAYS BURGER KING
21-07-10

BURGER King last night stressed there is a very good reason why its advertising campaigns do not show the actual burgers.

As the Advertising Standards Authority banned a BK ad for depicting edible food, the company said Britain absolutely does not want to see lingering close-ups of the thing they actually sell.

A company spokesman said: "Of course we show it to be large and fresh and succulent. Quite often people will be trying to eat during a Burger King commercial and the last thing they need to see is our version of food.

"We could do an uncompromisingly realistic advert if that's what you really want, but there would have to be a large arrow pointing at the meat with the message 'do not adjust your set, it's supposed to be that colour'.

"Then we would pan back to see the bloated, pasty, halfwit scum who's about to stuff this mess into his wonderfully indiscriminating face.

"And perhaps we could even wait for him to flatulate in appreciation as he collapses backwards onto his ghastly sofa and thrusts a fat, greasy hand down the front of his leisure pants.

"Or we could all just carry on with this harmless pretence."

Professor Henry Brubaker, of the Institute for Studies, said: "Once again the ASA tries to fix something that isn't broken.

"Of course we all know what it actually looks like, otherwise the countryside would be overrun with unemployed cows and you'd be sharing your downstairs bathroom with a chicken."

He added: "The fast food business model is based on a fundamental and perennial truth. Whether for reasons of time, convenience or a simple, bastard hangover, we will all, at some point, find ourselves outside a Burger King, a McDonalds or a KFC thinking 'oh f***, I'm actually going to have to eat this shit'.

"Just go with it."

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not quick enough, though...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
2 complaints get a burger banned

thousands of complaints and ITV continues to show live football

something is very wrong with this world

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
it gets f***ing WORSE:

BBC News - Paddy Power blind football ad stays despite complaints

An advert which sees a cat kicked across a football pitch by blind players has not been banned by a watchdog, despite 1,000 complaints.

Viewers said bookmaker Paddy Power's advert was offensive to blind people and could encourage animal cruelty.

so 2 people have more of a say than 1,000!?!?!? seriously thats f***ing GASH!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here