Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People are really starting to annoy me on here

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Give what up? Give up highlighting where we can do better? Give up expressing disappointment at points dropped and our inability to close out games (should Gus give that up, too?)? I'm not trying to convince anyone to agree with me. I have an opinion, and I have explained the basis for my opinion. I don't care if anyone agrees with me, so there's no attempt to convert people to 'give up' on.

If you want to disagree with Gus and think we're doing really well, then, I guess we perplex each other.

And mine is not an opinion? Or is it only yours that counts? If you can highlight where we can do better apply for the job! I am more than disappointed with our current form, but negative opinions helps who exactly?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I guess there is a fine line between moaning and having an opinion... but as I said i just don't get the negativity and sometimes aggressive posts against BHA, from BHA fans?

Yeah I kinda get that and there are some things that I don't agree with. Stuff on Barnes was a good example - he was getting hammered unreasonably I thought but you get to know who's who here and can ignore some of the drivvle. I think for the most part peeps are all wanting the same thing and I see very few expressing daft stuff but a lot of perfectly reasonable comments get taken out of context - so saying "Anon was shit last night" may well be entirely accurate but then it gets distorted by the next guy and all of a sudden the whole thing snowballs out of context so the point an OP was making turns into something quite different.

I see exactly where Acker is coming from and many others - we all want the same thing and given we're not Gus we can express ourselves more directly than Gus can - what we don't see is what goes on in private but I seriously believe he feels similar to many of the comments made here but he has to motivate individuals and work with what he's got even thouigh he must believe some aren't really up to it - we have the luxury of not needing to be concerned by that.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yeah I kinda get that and there are some things that I don't agree with. Stuff on Barnes was a good example - he was getting hammered unreasonably I thought but you get to know who's who here and can ignore some of the drivvle. I think for the most part peeps are all wanting the same thing and I see very few expressing daft stuff but a lot of perfectly reasonable comments get taken out of context - so saying "Anon was shit last night" may well be entirely accurate but then it gets distorted by the next guy and all of a sudden the whole thing snowballs out of context so the point an OP was making turns into something quite different.

I see exactly where Acker is coming from and many others - we all want the same thing and given we're not Gus we can express ourselves more directly than Gus can - what we don't see is what goes on in private but I seriously believe he feels similar to many of the comments made here but he has to motivate individuals and work with what he's got even thouigh he must believe some aren't really up to it - we have the luxury of not needing to be concerned by that.

Excellent post!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And mine is not an opinion? Or is it only yours that counts?

Did I tell you to 'give it up for fucks sake!!'? No. Clearly I respect that other people have their opinions too.

If you can highlight where we can do better apply for the job! I am more than disappointed with our current form, but negative opinions helps who exactly?

What job? Has gus been fired? There is a difference between seeing a problem and knowing how to deal with it. That's what Gus is paid for.

The comments, both positive and negative, help create discussion on these forums, they help keep the debates interesting. I don't find it particularly interesting to read post after post of everyone saying "never mind, still 9th. Think of the last 14 years!". That's not what places like this are about.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Did I tell you to 'give it up for fucks sake!!'? No. Clearly I respect that other people have their opinions too.

What job? Has gus been fired? There is a difference between seeing a problem and knowing how to deal with it. That's what Gus is paid for.

The comments, both positive and negative, help create discussion on these forums, they help keep the debates interesting. I don't find it particularly interesting to read post after post of everyone saying "never mind, still 9th. Think of the last 14 years!". That's not what places like this are about.

And I don't find it particularly interesting when people like you think they can do a better job than our manager. If you could you would be in the hot seat. And I do find it being put into perspective when people here say we are ninth, and if we beat West Ham we go above them and they are second. PERSPECTIVE... get it?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And I don't find it particularly interesting when people like you think they can do a better job than our manager. If you could you would be in the hot seat. And I do find it being put into perspective when people here say we are ninth, and if we beat West Ham we go above them and they are second. PERSPECTIVE... get it?

Where have I said I can do a better job than Gus?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
You guys need to relax a little, were all in the same boat after all!!!

Its nice to see people getting slightly fraut, it means you care. Remember that

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You guys need to relax a little, were all in the same boat after all!!!

Its nice to see people getting slightly fraut, it means you care. Remember that

Yeah I do care and I am absolutely certain every other Brighton fan on here does. But the total dross from people thinking they can pick a better team or tactics than Gus do my head in. We all have an investment in the future of the club and everyone is entitled to an opinion, but trying to force an opinion of how to do it better just by picking an eleven for a game is the height of stupidity, in my extremely humble opinion.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

digging_a_hole.jpg

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
It's a football forum.Of course people are going to have opinions,rather like asking random bods in the street about their views on the latest happenings in the world.Replies will range from the bizzarre to the reasonable and back again.
Personally, I don't mind the moans as they can sometimes make for interesting reading....rather more readable than the Gus can do no wrong school of thought.
You don't have to believe you could do a better job than the manager to express an opinion.I've met very few sports fans who don't have a moan (justified or unjustified) at some stage about their particular team.
Yes,we are doing O.K. and we flattered to deceive during August,but how many of us really thought we could remain top?I didn't and I'm not downhearted,but probably rather like Gus,frustrated at times.Frustration often leads to over the top illogical rants;we've all done it at some time I am sure.
Finally,I wish I could put Nobby Horton into a time machine and let him come back to play for us now as a brilliant skipper and player.
Frustrating isn't it!

TKC

Jun 16, 2011
just because we have not won a game in 6 league matches don't mean were shit!

Doesn't mean we're to good either!

I think people (probably myself included) have expected to much from this season. A fancy stadium, signings for proper money, players and managers that people have actually heard of before. Comparing all that to what we've been used to its all a completely new world and we're just not used to it. Compared to what we are used to "we" probably think that with the stadium and signings etc etc, well that's what all the big and successful teams have isn't it!? They come top six every year don't they?

(before I start getting slaughtered, this isn't necessarily how I feel but it's what I think the magority think. So when we don't win for six games then things must not be right and need commenting on.)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Doesn't mean we're to good either!

I think people (probably myself included) have expected to much from this season. A fancy stadium, signings for proper money, players and managers that people have actually heard of before. Comparing all that to what we've been used to its all a completely new world and we're just not used to it. Compared to what we are used to "we" probably think that with the stadium and signings etc etc, well that's what all the big and successful teams have isn't it!? They come top six every year don't they?

(before I start getting slaughtered, this isn't necessarily how I feel but it's what I think the magority think. So when we don't win for six games then things must not be right and need commenting on.)

I won't slaughter you... I like.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Where have I said I can do a better job than Gus?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You tell me. You people keep bleating on about how you could do it better than Gus.

No. You tell me.

I don't speak for any group of people, I speak only for myself.
You have again made a claim that I say I can do a better job than Gus. I have asked you to show me where I have made this statement, and your reply was "in your tactics". I've asked you to which of my tactics you are referring and that above is your reply, rather cyclical.

So, either show me where I have said I can do a better job than Gus, or show me where I have posted a team I think Gus should play, or where I have expressed what tactics we should use, or have the courtesy to admit you have been mistaken and that I haven't suggested I can do a better job than Gus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here