Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People are really starting to annoy me on here

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I give up with this negativity, maybe time to take a break.

You can just ignore the relevant threads, they tend to scream "I'm having a moan" just from the title.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I give up with this negativity, maybe time to take a break.

What you need to understand is that nobody wants to see us lose or play badly and some show their frustration by ranting on here, me included. We all have our opinions, rightly or wrongly, but when opinions are expressed they nearly always appear to be in the negative form.
Get over yourself and wake up to the fact that not everyone is as accepting as you!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What you need to understand is that nobody wants to see us lose or play badly and some show their frustration by ranting on here, me included. We all have our opinions, rightly or wrongly, but when opinions are expressed they nearly always appear to be in the negative form.
Get over yourself and wake up to the fact that not everyone is as accepting as you!

Get over myself? Chill out geezer!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
looks like theres no real back bone amongst the albion faithful anymore.

I wouldn't class NSC as the backbone of the club to be honest, not in recent weeks... full of praise when they are doing well, get a bit of a nosedive, that will be recovered, and they want the head of anyone playing or managing.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
[MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION] I have to say I am rather disappointed with your response to [MENTION=19247]killer miller[/MENTION]. We are far above expectations from this forum alone in the summer. We have also played 12 games, 25% of the season gone. Early season form drops off, mid season does too. We have a slump but the doom and gloom is incredible from the likes of you. We have a magnificent new stadium, generous chairman and bright manager, throw in some quality players and we have a great future. Why do people like you get grey hairs from a bad run?

I don't consider what I've said moaning, or doom and gloom.

I'm just fed up with people coming in here acting as if 9th today is good, completely taking it out of context of our movement in the table (been going down since the end of august/start of september). If you're going to point to the table, you have to look at is as fluid thing. You can't just look at what it is today, you have to look at what it was at the weekend, what it was after our last game, the game before that, and so on. Otherwise you're trying to use subterfuge to bury your head in the sand and ignore what needs to be addressed.

Grey hairs from a bad run? What sort of sense would it make to be happy about us going six games without a win, which includes conceding 9 in three, dropping 10 points from winning positions in the process, when we have shown that our players have the ability to perform better than they have been, they have the talent to get the ins, they're just not showing it.

I'm not doom and gloom, I'm frustrated. I believe the players we have are talented enough to be pushing Southampton. We have at times played some breathtaking football, particularly the second halves v liverpool and leeds, the first 20mins or so v palace, by most accounts the game v cardiff. We have the potential, we just, as gus put it, have stopped playing. That is frustrating to me, and I'm not going to ignore it just because Archer nearly destroyed the club, or because we have our own home now, or because under micky adams we were in a relegation spot in the division below.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 18477

all you come onto is people moaning ffs guys look at the table were 9th after 12 games. If anybody would have asked you this time last year if you would be happy with that every one would have said yes, just because we have not won a game in 6 league matches don't mean were shit!

Roll on monday for the 3 points against west ham!

cool story bro!!!!!!!!!!!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don't consider what I've said moaning, or doom and gloom.

I'm just fed up with people coming in here acting as if 9th today is good, completely taking it out of context of our movement in the table (been going down since the end of august/start of september). If you're going to point to the table, you have to look at is as fluid thing. You can't just look at what it is today, you have to look at what it was at the weekend, what it was after our last game, the game before that, and so on. Otherwise you're trying to use subterfuge to bury your head in the sand and ignore what needs to be addressed.

Grey hairs from a bad run? What sort of sense would it make to be happy about us going six games without a win, which includes conceding 9 in three, dropping 10 points from winning positions in the process, when we have shown that our players have the ability to perform better than they have been, they have the talent to get the ins, they're just not showing it.

So if we beat West Ham (2nd), will we be above them?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So if we beat West Ham (2nd), will we be above them?

Yes. But that doesn't mean we'd necessarily go second. It also doesn't change the fact we've slipped down the table because we've dropped so many points and not been playing as well as we can.

Also, I edited my above post to include this:

I'm not doom and gloom, I'm frustrated. I believe the players we have are talented enough to be pushing Southampton. We have at times played some breathtaking football, particularly the second halves v liverpool and leeds, the first 20mins or so v palace, by most accounts the game v cardiff. We have the potential, we just, as gus put it, have stopped playing. That is frustrating to me, and I'm not going to ignore it just because Archer nearly destroyed the club, or because we have our own home now, or because under micky adams we were in a relegation spot in the division below.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not doom and gloom, I'm frustrated. I believe the players we have are talented enough to be pushing Southampton. .

You were doing quite well until you said that. Southampton are much better equipped to deal with this division, they have championship players whilst we are somewhat lightweight with League 1 players and a Spanish International. Yes we can play some fantastic football but we can be bullied by the more physical sides, Saints proved that last season. I don't run with this "Oh but we stopped trying we had won the league" against Saints and Huddersfield. We were bullied into defeat as we have been bullied into giving up leads this season.

It is frustrating but Gus will sort it out, it's gonna take money, time and patience though

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yes. But that doesn't mean we'd necessarily go second. It also doesn't change the fact we've slipped down the table because we've dropped so many points and not been playing as well as we can.

Also, I edited my above post to include this:

I didn't for one minute suggest we will be 2nd. However put it into context... the table is tight, we could go from 9th to 4th or vice versa due to the nature of the championship at this present moment. I understand frustration but we are 25% into the season... give it time! After 50% we may realise our true position in this seasons table, but at the moment all I see is moan, moan, moan about a team that isn't actually doing that badly!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Would anybody swop Harley for Trotter?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You were doing quite well until you said that. Southampton are much better equipped to deal with this division, they have championship players whilst we are somewhat lightweight with League 1 players and a Spanish International. Yes we can play some fantastic football but we can be bullied by the more physical sides, Saints proved that last season. I don't run with this "Oh but we stopped trying we had won the league" We were bullied into defeat as we have been bullied into giving up leads.

It is frustrating but Gus will sort it out, it's gonna take money, time and patience though

I mean in the short term, at least.

Two points dropped to leeds because Casper gifted them possession in the last minute. The way we outplayed them for most of that second half shows we have enough quality against them. Would move us 4th
Two points dropped last night due to lax defending giving them time and space to take a shot that went through casper's hands/Harley's soft penalty. Would move us up 2nd.
Palace, the way we outplayed them in the first 20-30mins is how good we can play, and should be playing. We are, and good enough, and should have, won all three points there, which would put us Above southampton by 1 point.

I don't think those points were dropped because we didn't have enough strength or quality, but because we didn't do what we know we can.

Then look at our other dropped points:
I would argue that the two points dropped v Blackpool had nothing to do with being outmuscled or lacking quality, but because we switched off and didn't close out the game as we are capable of doing, even at this level. But it's arguable if we 'should' have won these points.
I didn't see the ipswich game, but again it appeared the recurring problem of backing off and giving them space and time on the ball, but they do have strong players who have higher level experience, so I'd say it's arguable if we should have won these points.

But I think there are enough points we can rightly feel we should have won that would have us top, that I don't think suggesting we could have been/should be pushing soutampton at the moment is so outlandish.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
[MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION] ... give it up for fucks sake!! We are doing very well right now thank you very much! Get a sense of perspective... I get perplexed by you and your sorts.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Of course Gus will sort it out but we do need 2/3 players to shore us up and I'm sure he's planning for that. We've come a long way and the future looks bright ... discussing where we can improve isn't moaning.

Seems like most will agree mid table at end of season is a good result I just don't get the "f**k off with your views" bit .. what's the point of a forum if it isn't to debate, offer views and opinions on the team performance? Maybe we should just comment on the pies ... but that'd be moaning too I s'pose

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Of course Gus will sort it out but we do need 2/3 players to shore us up and I'm sure he's planning for that. We've come a long way and the future looks bright ... discussing where we can improve isn't moaning.

Seems like most will agree mid table at end of season is a good result I just don't get the "f**k off with your views" bit .. what's the point of a forum if it isn't to debate, offer views and opinions on the team performance? Maybe we should just comment on the pies ... but that'd be moaning too I s'pose

I guess there is a fine line between moaning and having an opinion... but as I said i just don't get the negativity and sometimes aggressive posts against BHA, from BHA fans?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
[MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION] ... give it up for fucks sake!! We are doing very well right now thank you very much! Get a sense of perspective... I get perplexed by you and your sorts.

Give what up? Give up highlighting where we can do better? Give up expressing disappointment at points dropped and our inability to close out games (should Gus give that up, too?)? I'm not trying to convince anyone to agree with me. I have an opinion, and I have explained the basis for my opinion. I don't care if anyone agrees with me, so there's no attempt to convert people to 'give up' on.

If you want to disagree with Gus and think we're doing really well, then, I guess we perplex each other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here