Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] People and this funny business

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What are children without the ability to learn suppose to do?
We're talking about children who don't (or claim not to have) access to a laptop, not children without the abili

...... and the other thing they're supposed to do is not catch or spread Covid - perhaps they should concentrate on that for a few weeks! The BBC is putting on some educational programmes too, I understand - there is learning outside the school curriculum too..

There are many more ways to learn than from a laptop. First question any teacher should ask is 'Are you any good at FIFA 21?' or 'Do you like Minecraft?' - that should catch out at least 50% of the little chancers!

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I can remember when you actually used to ask Questions. Do you want to rename yourself "Statements"?

I still am he and will leave no stone unturned in my search for more Questions. What I was saying was........ actually that was last night.

Oh yes people passing themselves off as key workers to get free childcare. I ask you.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Run through twittens and alleyways breaking greenhouse windows like wot we did.

The only issue with that is the greenhouses are all plastic now.

Another reason to ditch plastic.

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
Mrs B is classed as a Key Worker as she looks after the Laboratories in a School and sets up practical experiments. As she is a Key Worker she has been advised that her and other Support Staff have to attend the school premises (and mix!) and "work" their core hours even though they have diddly squat to do - inspired! We are expecting her and her staff to go remote and set up practicals on student's home driveways.......

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
My Partner is a teacher and we all came down with Covid over Xmas.
I spent most of it in Hospital.

Opening Schools will spread the virus.
Until someone has a very clear view on how we stop this, we're all just pissing in the wind.

The reality is, if you are deemed to be in a profession that needs to be mixing outside of a contained bubble, then you run the risk of contracting the virus and bringing it into your bubble.
Until all key workers have had the vaccine, the spread will go on.

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
Another thing to add, the Science Dept at Mrs B's school was wiped out before Xmas due to one inept Teacher and the NHS Covid App, which Education Bods were against Teachers using, for the following reason which happened:

Teacher was experiencing symptoms but still came to work because he didn't want to "let the kids down". He got tested a couple of days later, returned positive, updated his Covid App and because all the Science teachers leave their phones/bags in the same area of the
Science Staff Room during lessons, once he'd updated the App they all started pinging and all were deemed close contacts by the App and all off for Self Isolation! I think 40% of the Teachers where the App pinged subsequently tested were positive.....

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Not entirely sure what you're getting at but we're feeling guilty sending our daughter in two days a week.
Thing is my wife works in Sainsbury's and as well as her usual hours is doing extra for people that are shielding.
She also frequently gets old people and mask deniers in her face.

Saw somewhere that teachers are 300% more likely to contract the virus compared to the average worker ..

But equally it probably isn't as bad as it sounds as ~24% of people are working entirely from home and therefore have zero chance of catching it whilst working.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I suspect Teachers supervising kids in school are focussing on the wrong things.

All that is required is that whilst the kids are in the school they are all socially distanced wearing masks and regularly washing their hands.
It's tedious, but that's the only thing that matters.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not entirely sure what you're getting at but we're feeling guilty sending our daughter in two days a week.
Thing is my wife works in Sainsbury's and as well as her usual hours is doing extra for people that are shielding.

Then she is a key worker

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

But equally it probably isn't as bad as it sounds as ~24% of people are working entirely from home and therefore have zero chance of catching it whilst working.

I've been working from home for 3 years. 0 risk.
My partner's a teacher

We all got it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
She also frequently gets old people and mask deniers in her face.

Your wife is a key worker then

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here