Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Penalty taking - Barnes still up for it.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Much to my relief, it looks as if Barnes' miss at Leicester has not put him off taking our penalties in future. That's great to know. Let's hope the next one goes in. Generally speaking, his penalty taking has been good.

Barnes happy to be on the spot From The Argus)

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Does anyone have a record of Barnes penalty's, i seem to recall him missing 4?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Surprised CMS isnt our taker. The two that he has taken WHACK

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
does that mean Barnes is starting tomorrow?

Was hoping for a standard 442 with 2 out and out wingers and CMS and Dobbie up front.

Looks like it will be the predicatable 451 again.................................hows Leeds must be loving preparing for this game, just watch videos of Brum, Ipswich and Boro...job done.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not a fan of Barnes penaltys as dont trust the short run up.

Can never forget the Title winning season and the penalty misses . How many was it ?

Lush

Mods' Pet
Looks like the Argus is now going to have to be the 'go-to' place for any kind of Albion insight, now that the club website is all about selling.

Just have to remember to turn the sound off first.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Oh joy, missed over 25% of his penalties already, hardly a great advert to continue, I'd much rather trust CMS or even Hammond.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Oh joy, missed over 25% of his penalties already, hardly a great advert to continue, I'd much rather trust CMS or even Hammond.

How many has he taken?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Barnes has the balls to take the penalties whatever the pressure, how can we knock that? I don't see anyone trying to snatch the ball off him which is quite telling imo.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

CMS has taken two penalties, both of which were straight down the middle. It wouldn't take long for a keeper to realise that and save them. Barnes does vary the angle of the ball and has scored with 75% which is a much more positive stat than yours, even though they both mean the same.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Barnes has the balls to take the penalties whatever the pressure, how can we knock that? I don't see anyone trying to snatch the ball off him which is quite telling imo.

Only because Vicente isn't playing , they don't call him The Dagger for nothing.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Good, he takes a good penalty and the pressure doesn't seem to faze him. Definately not CMS, he is not a clean striker of the ball.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
CMS has taken two penalties, both of which were straight down the middle. It wouldn't take long for a keeper to realise that and save them. Barnes does vary the angle of the ball and has scored with 75% which is a much more positive stat than yours, even though they both mean the same.

Very true but CMS hits them so hard that I reckon itwould also take the keeper into the back of the net as well!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Can never forget the Title winning season and the penalty misses . How many was it ?

15 pens in total - League & Cup

Barnes - Scored 3 Missed 2 (scored 1 rebound)
Bennett - Scored 0 Missed 2
Dicker - Scored 1 Missed 1
Murray - Scored 0 Missed 1
Wood - Scored 4 Missed 1

All misses saved except Dicker (post).

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Short run up gives me kittens. It depends how much preparation and thought he puts into his penalties. I did not fancy his chances against Kaspar but not all keepers are that good. I saw it all happening in advance. Not Macca in a month of Sundays though. Wayne Bridge is an option.

The only way to take a penalty is hard into the corner. Against a good keeper I would choose my favourite corner. The keeper will know which side it is (the other one from Leciester) but if it is hit straight and true he will not be able to stop it.

It is scoring the important ones that count. Wood missed against Southampton ?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
This is hardly a surprise is it? He's a striker who wants to score goals and has to spend 80% of his game on the wing or in defence. If it were me, I'd specifically have to be told not to take pens anymore. A good striker should never pass up the opportunity to have a free shot at goal which is why it always baffles me that so many shy away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here