Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peanutting

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
only1robbiereinalt said:
at our school we used to do something called 'cacking' :blush: where you went behind a victom and wacked down there tousers and boxers, used to have me in stiches!:bowdown:

At my school (Hailsham 80-87) were used to do this thing called "Reading" pronounced "Ree-ding".

Don't know if they still do it these days, probably not.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
GNF on Tour said:
At my school (Hailsham 80-87) were used to do this thing called "Reading" pronounced "Ree-ding".

Don't know if they still do it these days, probably not.

I suppose you expect us to believe you used books for this dangerous practice too ?

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Ah yes, peanutting, was certainly around and about in Barnet circa early 1990s. And no matter how on guard you thought you were, someone would sneak a fist in and scrunch up your essentials (I'm only talking ties here, folks...)

Only schoolboy, er, 'lark' I can recall myself and simiarly-uncool best mate pulling was randomly walking into the middle of the playground, pointing speculatively at something in the sky, and eventually bringing virtually the entire yard to a halt, with everyone clamouring round the growing crowd to spot, no, point out, no, ask about, no, mock the other for not noticing yet, no, just generally obsessing over this mystery object in the sky...

Meantime, me and my mate, seeing our work was done, snuck sneakily away...

Thinking about it again, probably the most triumphant single moment of my life...

Yes, yes, I know...

Hubris got the better of me, though, when I tried to throw 50p pieces onto the playground floor, dupe people into thinking they could stoop down and pick them up for themselves, only to claim them myself just in time...

Now I think about it, it was so so obvious that eventually a bully, much bigger than me, would want the coin, tower over me when I tried hopelessly to explain the joke, and exact some ruthless ridicule of his own...
What the f***ing f*** was I thinking... :|

Listen to my lesson, oh ye, and stick with the peanuts, you innocent schoolboys of the current (not the currant, doesn't go with a peanut...)

cronakhagerdu

Nov 11, 2005
Re: Re: Peanutting

Eddie the Seagull said:
I was doing this in 1981. We used to 'peanut' some to a railing/post/fence etc. at the end of break or lunch.

There was f***-all chance of them undoing the knot - so they missed lessons & often got detention. This was double funny if it was raining or frosty.

:lolol:
What? how did that happen? How on earth can you peanut someones tie to a railing, post or fence???

:nono:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Re: Re: Peanutting

cronakhagerdu said:
Eddie the Seagull said:
I was doing this in 1981. We used to 'peanut' some to a railing/post/fence etc. at the end of break or lunch.

There was f***-all chance of them undoing the knot - so they missed lessons & often got detention. This was double funny if it was raining or frosty.

What? how did that happen? How on earth can you peanut someones tie to a railing, post or fence???

:nono:

And for my next trick.....

cronakhagerdu

Nov 11, 2005
Re: Re: Peanutting

Eddie the Seagull said:

P.S - I went to Cardinal Newman, so my apologies to any 37 yr old NSCers who were a victim of my 'peanut' gang. :down:

After a nite out on the piss, we thought we would test this out. The lads tied me to a lampost outside my house using my old school tie. Then we had a laugh as each yanked on my tie til the knot was tight. Then they pulled my trousers down and legged it! For the record, far from f***-all chance of undoing the knot, i had it untied within 2 mins.
:clap: :bowdown:

What a load of crap about kids missing lessons!:dunce:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
School. I hated it.

I do enjoy seeing the state of some of the overweight useless old chav's who used to be "cool" back in the day.

Have you noticed how the girls that were gorgeous at school are now f***ing minging?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
School was f***ing SHITE - FACT.

Peanutting went on at my school back in the day, fairly regularly in fact, although I've no particular memories of extreme peanut situations.

I hated the place so much that I almost didn't go to uni, and that would have been a mistake.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Yeah, I always thought school was a bit shit too. School days are not the best days of your life, not by a LONG shot.

I hated school - really hope that you're right!

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
School was distinctly average, lessons were dull, vast majority of people i went to school with were wankers, sixth form was good, but enough to put me off uni, far to snooty IMO. (Clearly opinions and spelling like this are the main faxtors in my non attendence to an institue of higher learning)

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
"Posting", as I dimly recall, was an enjoyable and relatively harmless practice (assuming you didn't mind harming your potential to sire offspring) which basically consisted of several of you grabbing one of the victim's legs, then yanking them either side of one of the concrete columns that held the school up, thereby inflicting considerable pain to the groin region. If Willow or Gluteus Maximus are around, it'd be good to have my failing memories confirmed.

Thankfully, future Albion stalwart Ian Chapman was NOT, I don't think, ever subjected to this, for everyone's sake.

cronakhagerdu

Nov 11, 2005
Man of Harveys said:
"Posting", as I dimly recall, was an enjoyable and relatively harmless practice (assuming you didn't mind harming your potential to sire offspring) which basically consisted of several of you grabbing one of the victim's legs, then yanking them either side of one of the concrete columns that held the school up, thereby inflicting considerable pain to the groin region. If Willow or Gluteus Maximus are around, it'd be good to have my failing memories confirmed.

Yes, i remember 'posting'. Not sure about enjoyable for the victim though. Our version consisted of a victim being swepted off their feet by four guys. Each would carry either a leg or arm. They would then run towards a goalpost or tree carrying the victim feet first. The two guys at the front made damn sure the victims legs were kept wide open, before the victims' ballocks were squashed by the post. There was a good deal of respect though, and the victim was never dropped on the ground afterwards.
Can't say what it felt it, as it never happened to me.
:clap:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
We done peanutting at my school. One of my mates pulled mine so tight I couldn't breath so I gobbed all over his hand. That stopped the bastard.

cronakhagerdu

Nov 11, 2005
Les Biehn said:
We done peanutting at my school. One of my mates pulled mine so tight I couldn't breath so I gobbed all over his hand. That stopped the bastard.

Yep, there are two common methods of peanutting. Both involve different ends of the neck-tie.

The common one in UK is the yanking of the kipper (fat end of the tie). By pulling the kipper, the knot becomes tight, but that all.

The other method, often used in America, involves pushing the kipper out of the way to grab hold of the drain pipe end, which is often tucked into the shirt. Continually pulling on this end, creates a noose around the vitcim's neck. Results in reddness in the face and loss of breathe. This method wasn't used at my school, cos its no fun at all.

:ohmy: :eek: :albion:

cronakhagerdu

Nov 11, 2005
Seem to remember that in the 1990's there was craze to wear your school tie showing the thin end rather than the fat end. So you used to see guys sporting a short thin tie.Unfortunately in their desire to look cool they forgot to realise that this method was a bugger to untie when someone gave you a peanut - by repeatedly applying a swift yank.

Also remember those who wore their ties so long that it enabled several guys to grab hold of their tie and yank it tandom. :p

cronakhagerdu

Nov 11, 2005
Torture of posting/poleing

Yes, remember the torture of posting. Boys would have their balls squashed into a post, usually a tree trunk on the side of a hill. I even came across this image on the internet.

Attachments

• out5.jpg
    out5.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 75

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here