Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peanutting

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I seem to remember it was good form to shout PEAANUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT whilst in the act of 'peanutting'.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We used to play 52 card international pick up. Someone chucks a pack of cards in the air and you had to scramble about to get the most.

It was called international as out of the 15 or so that played, one was cantonese and the other was from Bermuda.

Our running the gauntlet was when a someone from the year above would nick your duvet and you had to run to the end of the dormitory to get it, whilst they hit you with pillows with boots and/or coat hangers in them

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yep I remember Ron Silverthorne gave me a peanut. The knot was so f***ing small it was unbelievable

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Peanutting was around when I was at school (early 80's).

It can be countered by placing a coin in the knot of the tie

More information on Peanutting can be found Here

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Heffle Gull said:
Peanutting was around when I was at school (early 80's).

It can be countered by placing a coin in the knot of the tie

More information on Peanutting can be found Here

''The ultimate form of the peanut, however, is the potentially mythical Atomic Peanut, where the knot becomes so small that a tiny explosion makes the kipper snap off.''

:lol:

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
We had peanuts when I was at school (16 yrs ago).
Won't be long before someone dies and then the PC brigade will outlaw Ties.

cronakhagerdu

Nov 11, 2005
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
''The ultimate form of the peanut, however, is the potentially mythical Atomic Peanut, where the knot becomes so small that a tiny explosion makes the kipper snap off.''

:lol:

I witnessed the atomic peanut whilst a kid at school. A slapper yanked on this boy's tie so hard that the tie actually snapped off!

People say that peanutted ties cannot be undone without scissors, compass or needles, by hey i've NEVER witnessed a case where the tie knot was too tight to be undone.
:lolol:

Attachments

• atomicpeanut.jpg
    atomicpeanut.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 171

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
At Rydon in the mid 70's we used to shout bundle whenever there was a fight going on, it was just a cue for everyone to gather round and watch, it also made it harder for the teachers to break through and split the fighters apart, thus giving them longer to settle their differences.

only1robbiereinalt

Oct 7, 2005
at our school we used to do something called 'cacking' :blush: where you went behind a victom and wacked down there tousers and boxers, used to have me in stiches!:bowdown:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I'm currently investigating the ULTIMATE prank - the sonic alarm

Blurb is as follows

Do you find it hard to get your partner or the kids up in the morning? Well the Sonic Alarm is the perfect solution to your problem.

Getting that grumbling snuffling bulk out from under the duvet in the morning is a challenge you really shouldn't have to bother yourself with. Especially as the thing that emerges is inevitably grumpy and looks like a hung-over swamp monster. Well the Sonic Alarm makes the whole 'getting them out of bed' exercise a very simple, and indeed amusing, operation. Looking like an old-fashioned comedy hand grenade, the Sonic Alarm will wake pretty well anything up. Simply pull the pin, yell an emphatic "fire in the hole" and lob the grenade into the sleeper's room. After ten seconds a very annoying and piercingly loud noise (there are three volume settings) will blast out from the alarm. That's not all however, what makes this especially great is that to stop the alarm the sleeper has to find you so you can put the pin back in. It's stupid, and brilliant, and will be the bane of every over-sleeper on the planet. Parents are going to love this, though the soon to be rudely awoken might not.

Features

* Sonic alarm with 3 volume levels.
* Pull the pin and 20 seconds later the alarm will sound.
* Requires 3 x AAA batteries (not included)
* Size: 13 x 8 x 6cm

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
I'm currently investigating the ULTIMATE prank - the sonic alarm

Blurb is as follows

Do you find it hard to get your partner or the kids up in the morning? Well the Sonic Alarm is the perfect solution to your problem.

Getting that grumbling snuffling bulk out from under the duvet in the morning is a challenge you really shouldn't have to bother yourself with. Especially as the thing that emerges is inevitably grumpy and looks like a hung-over swamp monster. Well the Sonic Alarm makes the whole 'getting them out of bed' exercise a very simple, and indeed amusing, operation. Looking like an old-fashioned comedy hand grenade, the Sonic Alarm will wake pretty well anything up. Simply pull the pin, yell an emphatic "fire in the hole" and lob the grenade into the sleeper's room. After ten seconds a very annoying and piercingly loud noise (there are three volume settings) will blast out from the alarm. That's not all however, what makes this especially great is that to stop the alarm the sleeper has to find you so you can put the pin back in. It's stupid, and brilliant, and will be the bane of every over-sleeper on the planet. Parents are going to love this, though the soon to be rudely awoken might not.

Features

* Sonic alarm with 3 volume levels.
* Pull the pin and 20 seconds later the alarm will sound.
* Requires 3 x AAA batteries (not included)
* Size: 13 x 8 x 6cm

Hate to be the one to break it to you, but they invented this thing called an alarm clock recently, rendering the wake up grenade obselete, unless of course you're from a military family which i'm sure works. Also paint grenades and real hand grenades give the same effect. ;)

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Redhead said:
Hate to be the one to break it to you, but they invented this thing called an alarm clock recently, rendering the wake up grenade obselete, unless of course you're from a military family which i'm sure works. Also paint grenades and real hand grenades give the same effect. ;)

But an alarm that you need a pin to turn off (which im going to hide) is way more fun!

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
But an alarm that you need a pin to turn off (which im going to hide) is way more fun!

i'm not gonna lie to you it sounds entertaining, not much more amusing than storming a bedroom delta force style! perhaps bazooka fired breakfast in beds too, for the lazier breakfast in bed maker?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
never heard of peanuting when i was at school, only getting bogwashed

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Wilko said:
There is a new craze surfing my school at the moment, that of 'peanutting'.

The rules are simple: You approach an unsuspecting victim and proceed to force his/her tie in to the tightest knot possible.

I cannot remember this craze when I was at school, has anyone else heard of or partaken in 'peanutting' ?

I was doing this in 1981. We used to 'peanut' some to a railing/post/fence etc. at the end of break or lunch.

There was f***-all chance of them undoing the knot - so they missed lessons & often got detention. This was double funny if it was raining or frosty.

:lolol:

P.S - I went to Cardinal Newman, so my apologies to any 37 yr old NSCers who were a victim of my 'peanut' gang. :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here