Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paynter, Reyes, Forrest and Poyet

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Reyes is class. Agree we couldn't afford someone of his talent say up-front, but full backs tend to be alot cheaper and just maybe we'll be able to afford one player of his standard each transfer window. We have alot of average Champ players (a compliment) and they are mostly very young and have more potential to reach higher than that. Don't need very old players with Champ experience in my view, but young PREM class players who aren't quite there yet. Reyes would be a great example of that and full backs are under-rated generally but key to Gus's system.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I think the same thing can be said of Barnes (included because I genuinely think he gets more stick than deserved, not because of some veiled dig at your position on his talents), Navarro, M Painter, Dicker, Harley, Brezovan and Sparrow. None of these players are as bad as posters on here (and some at the ground) suggest.
I still think Barnes is woefully below the rest of the squad, and still geniunlly believe if it had not been for our injury problems this season, he wouldnt have got near the squad. Navarro I thought was very poor today and probably only kept his place because Harley was out. Completely agree on Harley. Looks a class player, but I think some cannot see past his body language which is not the best. Big Pete I think confidence is shot to pieces, and I think needs a move away, Marcos Painter is the weakes link after Barnes, and last season Dicker was either the classest player on the pitch or a liability, and that has really hasnt changd this season.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Reyes absolute quality !!
Sorry but Billy Paynter looks like he will end up being one of the worst players ever to pull on a Brighton shirt.
I can fully understand why the Leeds Utd fans all said this about him when he came to us on loan.
How the hell did he start over Buckley ?????

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I think the same thing can be said of Barnes (included because I genuinely think he gets more stick than deserved, not because of some veiled dig at your position on his talents), Navarro, M Painter, Dicker, Harley, Brezovan and Sparrow. None of these players are as bad as posters on here (and some at the ground) suggest.

I'm as guilty as the next chap in expressing my disappointment when the above mentioned players are in the side week in week out, without seemingly improving.

BUT they do get the chance to change my opinion by improving. Navarro is starting to look more like the player he was at the very beginning of last season before the cruel injury against Northampton. As long as he keeps improving at his current rate then he's deserving of his place.

Painter, Barnes, and Harley are seemingly untouchable. Barnes as a striker has struggled since his early season impressive form - some might say that this revolves around GP playing him in a quasi bizaro world central midfield or wide role rather than his preferred centre forward position. Where I lose faith in them as players is when given a chance, in any position, the one commodity you should then display in abundance is apptitude and all out effort - something that in my opinion none of the above have done.

Sure its all well and good being a supporter in the stands that doesn't get to see these guys train week in week out, but we still see them for the 90 minutes a week when it counts.

I wish we had a fully fit squad because with the best will in the world there is no way Jose that Barnes in Centre mid is in his long term plans.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Yep Reyes is quality and like many would like to see him starting in MF when Cald is back

I thought Payner improved yesterday ... a few decent touches and he made great space mid way thru 1st half that Noone should've spotted. Maybe he needs some time (think Harley!) also played deep and would like to see him way ahead of CMS and even Noone at times

Like the way Dunk got forward a bit ... was wondering if that was orders or just him getting frustrated

Still can't grasp Gus's selections ... we had no MF to speak of and their No 28 had it all to himself .. Barnes hopelessly out of position and contributed nout apart from regular ref moans

Our three subs were as good as anyone today

Ankergren no confidence at all with high balls and as much as 2/3 feet off them

We won ... very happy ... would be great to turn over Boro n/w

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here