Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pay on the day and ticket exchange a must for next year

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011
On a more amusing note, I have heard an odd story arising from ticket exchange.

In an area which is all season-ticket holders who've sat there for years, a family did ticket exchange so a completely different set of people turned up and sat in their seats - quite legitimately, of course. The people around them - who knew nothing of ticket exchange schemes - told them they couldn't sit there as teh seats were reserved, and even ran off and reported them to the stewards as sitting in the wrong place.

So communications are key - and you can never, ever, over-estimate the stupidity and busybodiness of some people.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
My recollection is that the club was able to credit my season ticket account with the amount that the game would have cost me as a sth rather than the price it would have cost to buy as a single ticket. we have also been able to change full price adult season ticket holder tickets, to penssionner's prices for individual games when my brother was not able to make the game and my dad took his ticket. - all done electronically at the ticket offiec at the stadium before the game - all worked seamlessly

And what risk is there to the cluub - they just put the seat back on sale again.

Thanks. On your second paragraph, only risk is if they cant resell, they have given back banked ST money. Prob not a problem for most games at present, but if/when attendances do dip, surely they wouldnt be willing/able to offer such flexibility?

And even now, I guess they need plenty of notice to ensure they can resell?

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011
My recollection is that the club was able to credit my season ticket account with the amount that the game would have cost me as a sth rather than the price it would have cost to buy as a single ticket. We have also been able to change full price adult season ticket holder tickets, to penssionner's prices for individual games when my brother was not able to make the game and my dad took his ticket. - all done electronically at the ticket offiec at the stadium before the game - all worked seamlessly

And what risk is there to the cluub - they just put the seat back on sale again.

No risk. But it depends on the effort required. If it can be done quickly and easily then it's fine - but if it's admin intensive and lots of people want to do it then it potentially brings a cost overhead with it.

Not saying that that's a bad thing - it's just something that needs to be taken into account. Ticket office staff are a finite resource - if they're tied up doing this (or taking phone calls for people looking for ticket exchanges right up to match day) then it affects the club's cost/benefit calculations.

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011
Thanks. On your second paragraph, only risk is if they cant resell, they have given back banked ST money. Prob not a problem for most games at present, but if/when attendances do dip, surely they wouldnt be willing/able to offer such flexibility?

And even now, I guess they need plenty of notice to ensure they can resell?

These schemes usually work like theatres do - you only get the refund IF the ticket sells.

Downside is that there may be no guarantee it will sell, but having handed it back you then can't still give it away yourself to a mate.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My recollection is that the club was able to credit my season ticket account with the amount that the game would have cost me as a sth rather than the price it would have cost to buy as a single ticket.

If your recollection is correct, then that's certainly not widely known. ???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's also doesn't seem to be widely known that season ticket holders can have tickets for a given match printed on paper and either mailed to A.N.Other or collected from the club ticket office.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
These schemes usually work like theatres do - you only get the refund IF the ticket sells.

Downside is that there may be no guarantee it will sell, but having handed it back you then can't still give it away yourself to a mate.

But thats not what Storer 68 said happened:

"But you can do that NOW. Just ring up the club, tell them you are a STH and can't make game X and they will cancel your ticket for that particular game, credit your account, and make the seat available for general sale for that game.. I know they can do this because I've done it."

Therefore he got the money back before the club had resold! Very generous of the club!!

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011

"But you can do that NOW. Just ring up the club, tell them you are a STH and can't make game X and they will cancel your ticket for that particular game, credit your account, and make the seat available for general sale for that game.. I know they can do this because I've done it."

Therefore he got the money back before the club had resold! Very generous of the club!!

Absolutely - that must mean the club are supremely confident that they can sell every returned ticket, even single ones. That may not always be the case .....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

I really can't believe that is official club policy. Happy to be proved wrong tho.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

I think you will find its called a REFUND. - they had already sold it to me and I was giving it back to them to sell to someone who could get to the game, as I couldn't

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
When you look at where we were and where we are now, the infrastructure of the club seems to have gone from non-league to Premier league in about 12 months. All credit to the individuals and teams that planned, financed and delivered such a superb facility so quickly. It still seems unreal.

However, some of the 'softer' skills still seem to be stuck in the non-league. To be frank, all too often in the recent past the clubs Public Relations have bordered on the amateur and hark back to the cottage industry era.

This isn't an exhaustive list, but off the top of my head the PR issues that have been dealt with especially poorly are:

- the Heritage Stones
- the issues surrounding disabled access / parking etc
- concerns with Azure
- ticket exchange policy
- failure to comment re: the excluded fan following the Ombudsman's report

All of these issues could have been handled better simply by acknowledging supporters' concerns and communicating clearly, even if it wasn't the answer we wanted to hear. But all too often the response is, well...nothing.

:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here